"There really is no reason to attend Texas A&M"

20,666 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 88jrt06
mulch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Says Anwar Richardson of objective journalism site Orangebloods.com

quote:
There really is no reason why a recruit should want to attend Texas A&M. Even if we skip the obvious no comparison between living in College Station and Austin, think about this for a minute. Johnny Manziel won the Heisman Trophy based on his performance during the 2012, and do you remember where his team finished that season?

Third in the SEC's West Division.

If Texas A&M could not win its SEC division with a Heisman Trophy winner, when will it realistically occur?

Never, is the obvious answer.

But what Texas A&M currently has is the perception of greatness, even if the Aggies were 3-5 against conference opponents last season, and outscored 293 to 223 against SEC teams. For those who do not feel like doing the math, Texas A&M was outscored 37-28 in SEC games last season, and time will tell if the hiring of defensive coordinator John Chavis will make a difference.
stick93
AG
2 Conference Championships in the last twenty something years says hi. I'd rather have others perceive me as great than spend my existence trying to convince them that I am.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
It never gets old that "3rd in their division" or "5th in their conference" gets used instead of "5th in the country".

Is this like when Ricky won the Heisman and the horns finished 9-3, behind conference champion A&M, and ranked 16th? I guess there's no reason to go to Texas either.
staticdoor
AG
That article is so dumb and transparent
rocky the dog
AG
quote:
Even if we skip the obvious no comparison between living in College Station and Austin...
The air in College Station is much cleaner than the air in Austin.
TwoTimeAg
AG
Funny how it is only the "professional" media from the horn websites that constantly bad mouth all things A&M, yet the "unprofessional" media from the aggie websites rarely if ever bring up Texas.....
DifferenceMaker Ag
They are literally on the verge of mass seppuku. We are in every single nook and cranny of their reptilian little brains, and it is driving them completely insane.

So damn delicious.
aggiehawg
AG
It is all they have. Very little to look forward to with a clown as AD, a coach who doesn't know who called the plays for worst horn offense in decades, money woes, horrible season ticket sales...the list gets longer and longer.

But they still have us to demonize and feel superior, while we just laugh at them. Laugh at their crappy conference, crappy home schedule, and crappy fan base. Someday they might realize their enemy is a few miles up I-35, not us anymore.
Dallasag02
AG
quote:
Says Anwar Richardson of objective journalism site Orangebloods

quote:
There really is no reason why a recruit should want to attend Texas. Even if we skip the obvious no comparison between living in College Station and Austin, think about this for a minute. Ricky Williams won the Heisman Trophy based on his performance during the 1998 season, and do you remember where his team finished that season?

Third in the Big 12, and second in the Big 12 South Division.

If Texas could not win its BDF division with a Heisman Trophy winner, when will it realistically occur?

Never, is the obvious answer.

But what Texas currently has is the perception of greatness, even if the Longhorns were 6-7 (5-4) in the worst power five conference in the country last season, and outscored 310 to 257, even after including a lopsided 38-7 win against North Texas. For those who do not feel like doing the math, Texas was outscored 23-19 in games last season, and time will tell if the continued maturity of Brisket will make a difference.

FIFY. That was easy, when do I get my paycheck?
FriscoAg
AG
What place did Baylor finish when RGIII won the Heisman. I guess they will never win the BDF.
Big 12-0
There may be some truth to that logic. Texas Tech has never won a Heisman but has won multiple conference championships.
leftcoastaggie
AG
That is a new level of stupidity that Anwar Richardson displayed in writing that article. The complete lack of self awareness from that fan base is mind numbing.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
quote:
There may be some truth to that logic. Texas Tech has never won a Heisman but has won multiple conference championships.

You're last conference title was the 1994 when everybody in the SWC won a title that year (except the best team) and your last outright conference championship was a borderlands conference title.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
quote:
That is a new level of stupidity that Anwar Richardson displayed in writing that article. The complete lack of self awareness from that fan base is mind numbing.

To be fair, none of them were fans until 2004. Everything prior to that doesn't count
Rick Dalton
AG
Is that from a pay site?
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
To be fair, none of them were fans until 2004. Everything prior to that doesn't count
Aahh, to be that young again where absolutely nothing of import happened before you were born.
mulch
AG
I hate tu to the core but I can also acknowledge and respect that they are a fine institution etc.

Anwar was an NFL beat writer that's fallen down the ladder to college message board click bait guy.

I'm willing to wager he's never even set foot in College Station, much less our stadium, facilities, campus, game day atmosphere etc.

Quite the Journalist - definitely not a fan site
Personal Best
AG
Really speaks volumes about the excitement around the schedule they put together and the teams they actually play on the field...

We don't even play them anymore and we're still the most interesting part of their football program
goodAg80
AG
When your school starts falling behind, it makes sense to take pot shots at the school that is passing you up. The horns can sense they are in a difficult spot. No one in the Big12 is a threat.

Guess who is a threat.
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
When your school starts falling behind, it makes sense to take pot shots at the school that is passing you up. The horns can sense they are in a difficult spot. No one in the Big12 is a threat.

Guess who is a threat.

They need to worry about getting better than Baylor right now.

Think about that. The comparison in the SEC would be Bama trying to catch up to Vandy
dreyOO
I'd be angry and bitter too if I was named Anwar.

Damn, even my spell checker thought that was a ****ed up name.
DRE06
AG
I love the 3rd in the West commentary while looking right past the #5 in the country finish.
Teslag
AG
Or the fact that 3rd in the West was good enough t face **** the Big 12 champion.
aggiehawg
AG
Well, 2nd place in the east division of the B1G was good enough to beat the Big XII Co-Champ Baylor.
FrickinFracker
AG
quote:
I hate tu to the core but I can also acknowledge and respect that they are a fine institution etc.

Anwar was an NFL beat writer that's fallen down the ladder to college message board click bait guy.

I'm willing to wager he's never even set foot in College Station, much less our stadium, facilities, campus, game day atmosphere etc.

Quite the Journalist - definitely not a fan site

Doesn't he live in Atlanta? Or is that Eric Nahlin?
APHIS AG
As has been stated, us ignoring them is driving them insane. It has been quoted that the worse anyone can do to an individual is to ignore them especially someone with an ego the size of the sky and a delusion of importance that can fill the Grand Canyon. It make them feel insignificant and right now, that is exactly what the sips are, insignificant. They are insignificant in the conference they created, insignificant on the station they hailed, and insignificant in the State they long purported to "own". Even in recruiting, those days of "selecting" players are over.

Poooooooooooooooooor Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiips!!!!!

Welcome to mediocrity, you have earned it.
ClickClack
AG
So by this logic, texas should move to the Sunbelt Conference, so they can play in smaller stadiums, get less money and exposure, but have a higher chance of winning the conference.
elfurioso92
AG
Again, just part of the plan over there at Orangebloods. A&M sucks and Texas is doing great despite how things appear.

As they continue to sink we will start seeing the narrative turn away from A&M vs Texas to focus fully on Strong. By season four they will be constantly telling us how the Texas job is the best in the country if not in all of sports, and that Strong isn't living up to the legacy of greatness. Mack Brown will turn from pariah back to saint and they will be unfavorably comparing Strong against him.

Finally they will run him off and we will hear how Charlie didn't realize how big the Texas job was. How could he know coming from Louisville, that he was no longer just a head coach but THE head coach.

Assuming of course Ketch's heart doesn't explode in the Plucker's parking lot before all of that happens.
Muy
AG
A war should focus on joining ISIS rather than trying to be a journalist.
Furlock Bones
AG
Not to mention running out and hiring a black coach because sips idiots think that's why we hired sumlin.

Poor delusional morons.
GAC06
AG
The fact that "journalists" feel the need to write these kind of articles means they've already lost.
aggiehawg
AG
From the 357 page thread about A&M on the shag:

quote:
TexasEagle2 15 hours ago
For fans, the game is just a small part of the total experience. The look and feel of the stadium are important to fan experience...as is the food, the look of the bathrooms, the length of lines, the scoreboard, the parking, etc. In fact, what goes on in the field of play is just part of the side show that for many people begins with travel to town, tailgating, planning for the event, then being a Monday morning quarterback. While Sharp is a crass, self-promoter, the folks at A&M understand that the 10-12 minutes that play is going on during the actual game has to be supplemented by a lot of fluff to make the entire event a truly memorable experience.

Actually, this is the most articulate representation of how Aggies have found ways to deal with being losers on the field that I've ever seen.

It's not the actual game, it's the traditions.
It's not the actual game, it's the loudness of the Aggies.
It's not the actual game, it's winning half time!
It's not the actual game, it's the new stadium.
It's not the actual game, it's the conference you're associated with!!!! SEC, baby!!! We've arrived!
It's not the actual game, but even if it was, we've never "lost;" we've only been "out scored."

Who else but a loser comes up with so many euphemisms and attempted distractions from the reality of losing?

An historical trait of Texans is that they look hard at a cold fact and face it. Longhorns spit out defeat like poison and go all out to eradicate it. Aggies embrace defeat as a test of their character.

Not that there was ever much doubt, but which university better represents the state?

With their conformity, hostility to strangers, lack of self-awareness and overall humorlessness, Texas A&M is about the least Texan place in the whole state.
We aren't in their heads at all. Nossirree!! We aren't even "Texan" anymore.
Furlock Bones
AG
Holeee chit
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
Yes, a school that's a quarter Asian and regularly holds protests on campus really reflects the pulse of the Texas culture.
Madman
AG
Just off the top of my head we make more money after graduation and have a former student network that kicks that cow crap out of what they have. Did I mention we make more money?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.