Charlie Strong is a born communicator

8,430 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 88jrt06
BoomGoesThe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
According to NFL Network exec Eric Weinberger in an interview with DMN writer Barry Horn.

You have a rookie expert analyst working the second day of the draft who may be of some interest to viewers in Texas. How did you decide on Longhorns coach Charlie Strong?

Weinberger: We've used (Stanford coach) David Shaw in the past. This year, we are moving him to the first day. In thinking who we could use the second day, I just said Charlie Strong's name out loud. He seemed a natural. He is a high standards guy who comes from a part of the country where college football is important. He is a born communicator. I think he will be great.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/columnists/barryhorn/20150424-hot-air-before-recent-exit-broadcaster-ralph-strangis-found-direction-in-the-dallas-stars.ece
Tom Doniphon
quote:
He is a born communicator.

A born communicator that can't recite his own address.
JobSecurity
AG
delicious
DifferenceMaker Ag
I think he meant to say:
quote:
He is a born coordinator.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
He seemed a natural. He is a high standards guy who comes from a part of the country where college football is important.
Uhmmm, how many horns are expected to be highly drafted this year????
Dr. Abbott, DDS
El Nino in Londontown
AG
As far as communicators go, he's the elite of the elitist.
Credible Source
AG
quote:
As far as communicators go, he's the elite of the elitist.
aggiehawg
AG
One??? And none last year other than the kicker??
jja79
AG
By high standards do they mean a guy who slipped out and had a child with someone other than his wife?
New Hampshire Ag
AG
SupaManu
AG
This could produce some more gold
Zeke1995
AG
Was Strong flattered by this, or did he just recognize that he is qualified?
Hamburger Dan
T & P the close captioning holds out
SlackerAg
AG
During World War II, the Germans wouldn't decode his messages.
Bonfire96
AG
quote:
During World War II, the Germans wouldn't decode his messages.
the Code Talkers said, "WTF did Charlie just say?"
Tom Doniphon
Whoever said that, "Charlie sounds like an auctioneer on quaaludes," a couple of weeks ago, nailed it.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Was Strong flattered by this, or did he just recognize that he is qualified?
Underrated post.
schwack schwack
AG
quote:
By high standards do they mean a guy who slipped out and had a child with someone other than his wife?

Wut?
elfurioso92
AG
Good grief. If this guy said that with a straight face he should be playing on the world series of poker. Charlie Strong is less intelligible than that sign language guy from South Africa who was just making up stuff for Obama.
Nuke_Ag05
AG
Just another example of print news desperately trying to make charlie look like something he's not.
Brakeman
Scatman was brought in as another lame attempt by the media w h o r e s to prop up t.u.
88jrt06
AG
quote:
quote:

Wut?

True or not? If true: Highly relevant.
Need: Backup.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
quote:
I think he meant to say:
quote:
He is a born coordinator.

bay fan
S
Honestly, what could be better for us? Another media forum for Charlie to embarrass tu! What will our next t-shirt say??? Perfect!
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Wut?

True or not? If true: Highly relevant.
Need: Backup.
It is a little murky. Some places say Strong and his wife have three children, two daughters and a son. Other sources say they have two daughters and Strong has a son who is much older, as in before he married.
goodAg80
AG
Strong has a son, Tory, from a "previous relationship". It really isn't any of our business, but there should be no doubt about whether the relationship had the highest values.
plowe32
AG
This must be more ground work setting Chollie up for the great fall after more mediocrity. Shameful if true, but honestly, who really believes he's a great communicator?
WestAustinAg
AG
For years I'd always hear that strong was having a hell of a time getting a head coaching job. Whispers of racism. Now I know why....he has real weaknesses. Even though he is a decent man and a good defensive coach....but he isn't ready to lead a tier 1 school with the media demands and PR role that this job requires.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
For years I'd always hear that strong was having a hell of a time getting a head coaching job. Whispers of racism. Now I know why....he has real weaknesses. Even though he is a decent man and a good defensive coach....but he isn't ready to lead a tier 1 school with the media demands and PR role that this job requires.
Strong was very angry that Jeremy Foley hired Urban Meyer over him when Zook was canned. Went on the record calling Foley a racist, who had a problem with Strong's having a white wife. He didn't adopt that sentiment overnight.

With an attitude like that, can't imagine why some ADs might have been a tad hesitant.
Flashdiaz
AG

when they ask chollie the first question...

skins74
AG
Give the guy a break. He will be fine, as long as no one asks him who his quarterback is.
Busdriver99
AG
That quote really is priceless. I'm sure he winked as he said it...

I welcome another opportunity to hear coach Strong speak publicly

schwack schwack
AG
I'm still perplexed by how he's famously the "high standards guy" by spouting a few common sense rules that no coach allows.
technoviking
AG
It's because he did it at tu, and they're desperate for some positive spin
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.