Poor sips

17,655 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by touchdown96
Teslag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Daddy A&M may sign more 5 stars than you will 4 stars.
digital_ag
AG
Too many stars for 3 Starlie, doesn't want.
SQXVI
AG
All of our recruits carry weapons, slander women and wear visors on their helmets, Texas refuses to stoop to that level just to win
CTR14
On the texas 247 site thread titles aggie booster in pheonix Scottsdale area, followed by this
quote:
181 posts 78 minutes ago

No coincidence they are getting a ton of kids from here. Big money involved.

Lol
Ragoo
AG
sumlin be bossin', carlton is revising his code of conduct policy
goodAg80
AG
quote:
On the texas 247 site thread titles aggie booster in pheonix Scottsdale area, followed by this
quote:
181 posts 78 minutes ago

No coincidence they are getting a ton of kids from here. Big money involved.

Lol
Of course.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
From a thread on sip247 about coaching up 3*s

quote:
how Charlie's doing a lousy job of getting 5-star recruits and we're "settling" for 3-stars. Whether or not we add a few big names in the coming days and weeks, I'll take me a beast like Cecil Cherry and 3* guys like Hager, Thomas and Houston any day, and I think we've seen enough evidence of what Charlie can do to coach 'em up.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
quote:
Preach on my brother all these crybabies hollering for 5 star players that have been catered to are not that hunger. These 3 and 4 stars are anxious to prove they are just as good or better them. The reality is look at big names college recruits from this past season in trouble with law around the country. Give Coach Strong the time and support he needs from us loyal
UT fans.
d78230
AG
If sips got a 5* would that count as 2 commits for 3*chiollie?
gougler08
AG
quote:
From a thread on sip247 about coaching up 3*s

quote:
how Charlie's doing a lousy job of getting 5-star recruits and we're "settling" for 3-stars. Whether or not we add a few big names in the coming days and weeks, I'll take me a beast like Cecil Cherry and 3* guys like Hager, Thomas and Houston any day, and I think we've seen enough evidence of what Charlie can do to coach 'em up.

This is basically Texags during the Fran era
How many four star commits does Texas have?
gougler08
AG
quote:
How many four star commits does Texas have?
Per 247 composite you have four 4 star recruits:

Vahe
Gentry
Elliott
Townsend
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
Words

quote:
Good. I'm glad to be wrong. Again, I'm NOT talking about ignoring the 5 star guys. Obviously they help teams to be consistently great. Unfortunately, right now, we lack the glitz or schtick to attract these guys. Is that a matter of effort on our coaches? I don't know, probably not entirely. What I do know is that great players want to go where they can consistently compete on the national level, go where they can get on the field early, go where they can play with other great players, go where they feel most comfortable with the coaches and overall university environment, or go to a school with constant media attention.
Now back to Jeff's comment. I feel like he was giving Herman and Morris WAY too much credit. Both are first time HCs at a mid level school. Why do we assume they're going to do great things? Herman has been a successful coach at Ohio State, but it's easy to be successful with the type of players OSU brings in year in and year out. What kind of recruiter track record does he have? Who was he responsible for signing? I understand Meyer personally recruited Dontre Wilson, and Mack personally pony expressed JT Barrett to Columbus on gold platter. The same could be said for Morris and Mathis. Both are very well connected, but do we automatically assume they can persuade 5 star players to ignore Alabama, LSU, A&M, OU, and Texas because they're super connected with other high school coaches? Further if we want to solely judge their accomplishments as coordinators, how many of their resumes can stack up against Charlie Strong's DC resume? Just like recruiting coverage, the next guy is always just awesome and great while the guy already on campus is largely ignored. I don't need to name any more examples; we've all seen this. I also decided to leave Applewhite out of this. I think we all appreciate what he did here. No sense hashing who he did or did not recruit. We don't need to turn this into another Mack sucks thread.
Like you, I don't think we compare ourselves to TCU or Baylor, but like it or not, A&M is dominating the state the way we did last decade. I'm also in total agreement that as of now, we don't know if Strong is our long term answer. He deserves a couple more years to prove himself. However, I would prefer that we support the man while he's here instead of second guessing everything he does while showering the newby non-rival coaches with unwarranted praise.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Signs of acceptance over on the Shag????
quote:
This is quite depressing. I'm sure they'll get all the commits on Friday as well. Not sure if Murray is the real deal at QB but offense will always be good with Sumlin. If they pack their D with 4 & 5 star recruits it probably doesn't matter who comes in at DC. They still have to beat the west of the SEC West, which I don't think they do on a consistent basis. But games like the Aurburn game this year allows Sumliin to keep selling it.

We are absolutely on the right tract and Charlie will be pulling in more of the top recruits in the future, but for now if they finish like it looks like they will they have every right to use #wrts... which is probably the saddest thing I've ever written.
Rocco S
quote:
but for now if they finish like it looks like they will they have every right to use #wrts... which is probably the saddest thing I've ever written

I love teasip misery
el aggie
AG
"They still have to beat the west of the SEC West"

"We are absolutely on the right tract"
el aggie
AG
I guess that tract is west of the SEC West.
wbt5845
AG
quote:
Both are very well connected, but do we automatically assume they can persuade 5 star players to ignore Alabama, LSU, A&M, OU, and Texas because they're super connected with other high school coaches?

Ragoo
AG
5 star players have a higher probability of being drafted in the NFL

you can "coach'em" up all you want but that doesn't change this fact.

I will side with the guy capable of filling his roster with highly probable NFL talent over players that require coaching up to get to the NFL.
tommeehawk7
Hey , you guys know "Chollie" , right? Well ol' "no coachin' Chollie" whipped the guys that you are about to wrestle with , in fact WV is a 3 1/2 point favorite. Poor old sips , right?
Rocco S
Is tu favored vs Arkansas? We beat them.
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
Sips have a point. 4/5 stars never worked for Stoops, Meyer, Saban, Carroll, Miles, the list goes on and on.
Wildcat
AG
oops

Ragoo
AG
quote:
Hey , you guys know "Chollie" , right? Well ol' "no coachin' Chollie" whipped the guys that you are about to wrestle with , in fact WV is a 3 1/2 point favorite. Poor old sips , right?

pack it up guys, victories are determined off of vegas betting lines.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
quote:

So no DC, an early enrollee and he is probably still 80% **** lean imo.. Again if he picks **** with all that he was ALWAYS going to **** and just doing his parents a solid and taking an OV to the 40.

quote:

Sumlin will not have a job in 4 years, and unfortunately I dont think MJ is seeing the big picture. He is just being told he is the missing piece of the puzzle, and we will win championships with guys like you. If he couldnt win big with Johnny $#@!stain, a LB recruit wont change anything. Never in the history of mankind has a LB been worth 4-5 wins a season. That is what **** is, a perennial 7-5, 6-6 team, they need the extra 4-5 wins to stay at that elite level, and of course **** being ****, they will never get there.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
Weird that Buscemi isn't here today.
Wildcat
AG
quote:
Sumlin will not have a job in 4 years,

WTF?
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
Sip is not happy

quote:

Seriously this has got to be the most obnoxious thing ever. God $#@! those people. Jesus christ. Nobody likes you but you. Somehow you still can't get that through your thick skull
digital_ag
AG
quote:
Is tu favored vs Arkansas? We beat them.

Oops
Nixter
AG
quote:
I'll take me a beast like Cecil Cherry and 3* guys like Hager, Thomas and Houston any day, and I think we've seen enough evidence of what Charlie can do to coach 'em up.
"I wish I had a class full of Joey Perots" - RC Slocum

Remember the days of recruiting in 99, 00, and 01? Yeah. It was like that. We prayed that our coaching staffs were hitting on all these intangibles dumb color analysts rant about - "hard worker", "heart", "coach on the field" - to make up for the actual talent of the kids on the field.

Sips - it took us 13 years and three coaches to wander out of that muck. Good luck.

Skinny Wrinkles
AG
quote:
Sip is not happy

quote:

Seriously this has got to be the most obnoxious thing ever. God $#@! those people. Jesus christ. Nobody likes you but you. Somehow you still can't get that through your thick skull

Oh the irony.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
I guess Patterson didn't make many high school connections while in Arizona.
el aggie
AG
"That is what **** is, a perennial 7-5, 6-6 team"

When was the last time either of our two programs was 6-6?
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
quote:

Sounds to me that all he's looking for is a warm body claiming to be a defensive coordinator at atm and he's ready to sign. Such a waste of talent going to a mediocre school at best. His parents shouldn't allow him to do it. They are smarter and know how this is going to play out.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
2016 is THE year

quote:

Taking interest is one thing. But some peeps are going way overboard. Hell yeah I want him in burnt orange, but he won't break this class if he goes to CS. We can't gauge Charlie on this class, 2016 is his class. These 2-3 year relationships with coaching staffs make a huge difference.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.