Sip on the Shag gets it.

27,003 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by nu awlins ag
StephenvilleAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tl;dnr

Good lord. Learn to be more succinct.
DOG XO 84
AG
Heartily disagree Stephenville. Being succinct is great in some cases. I enjoyed every word of 55's post. Long is fine with me if relevant and entertaining. Preach on 55!
spider96
AG
quote:
quote:
I was mad y'all left. Now I'm over it
This is just denial disguised as acceptance.
More like the bargaining stage. Eventually the depression and acceptance stages of grief will come out and they'll finally accept their new role of little brother.
Paradise Ag
AG
Anytime, anywhere.
stick93
AG
quote:
Anytime, anywhere.

That's the problem. They only want this to apply when it is convenient/benefits them. We would be in the same situation that TCU faces tomorrow. Nothing to gain and a helluva lot to lose. Think about that for a second. TCU'S CHANCES OF GETTING INTO A PLAYOFF ARE MORE TIED TO MINNE ****ING SOTA WINNING THAN FROM WINNING THEIR OWN GAME!

Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:
Anytime, anywhere.

Thing is; this shouldn't be an open ended it will be this way forever offer. Seems like it was worth it in context of attempting to keep the game going. As in, anytime of the year, anywhere (either home and home or neutral site).

Until tu officially and publicly revokes the "we control when it will resume, I think that's fair" nonsense and declare that the game will resume in partnership with another peer university and in a fair and level playing field fashion; (edited to add) the game should NOT resume.

Although, we should stick to our guns on no LHN. We want the game to be available to our entire growing fan base.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I was mad y'all left. Now I'm over it
This is just denial disguised as acceptance.
More like the bargaining stage. Eventually the depression and acceptance stages of grief will come out and they'll finally accept their new role of little brother.
Good observation. I guess by now they should be past the denial stage.
WestAustinAg
AG
I hated the rivalry but living in Austin might be a part of it. We were better more than half the time since I've been here. When we lost we were trash but even when we were better we were "cheaters" or "lucky" or they just "didn't care enough about the rivalry to get up for the game or fill the stadium" and on and on. They are pathetic little pvssies that have a narcissistic personality disorder.

If you get to know some of them you soon realize that many of them have some kind of mental disorder that helps them cope with the life they live. In their minds they HAVE TO BE BETTER THAN US. THEY JUST HAVE TO or their worldview no longer makes sense.

So...I hope we never play them again...or worse yet...require of their leadership to apologize for their behavior to A&M and humbly and politely request that we add them to our schedule..in an open letter to all the papers that have been used as their own PR machine for the past 50 years.
BonniePrinceBilly
quote:
It will be continued, when we say it will be continued. We have all the leverage, you don't give in based on that position alone. Sips need to get knocked down a few more notches before we should entertain playing them again.
Muy, you're a dumbass. My job is related to residential development. Back when A&M was in the Big 12, I used to start meetings among developers, engineers, and attorneys by talking **** to the Aggies and having them reciprocate about Tech. (Yes, the Aggies were always the engineers.) It was a great ice-breaker amongst Texans who didn't know each other. Now, I can't remember the last time I talked about A&M with anybody. Maybe it's different in Houston but, in my experience, nobody is talking about A&M in central, north or west Texas. And now A&M isn't just irrelevant to Big 12 fans (a/k/a non-Aggie Texans), you're now invisible to SEC fans. Aaaaand I would complete this thought but food and friends have arrived.

PS. This is my first post via the modern, new-fangled software...not sure I like it. The archaic format...never mind must
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
Bonnie is projecting. No one talks about tech
stick93
AG
quote:
quote:
It will be continued, when we say it will be continued. We have all the leverage, you don't give in based on that position alone. Sips need to get knocked down a few more notches before we should entertain playing them again.
Muy, you're a dumbass. My job is related to residential development. Back when A&M was in the Big 12, I used to start meetings among developers, engineers, and attorneys by talking **** to the Aggies and having them reciprocate about Tech. (Yes, the Aggies were always the engineers.) It was a great ice-breaker amongst Texans who didn't know each other. Now, I can't remember the last time I talked about A&M with anybody. Maybe it's different in Houston but, in my experience, nobody is talking about A&M in central, north or west Texas. And now A&M isn't just irrelevant to Big 12 fans (a/k/a non-Aggie Texans), you're now invisible to SEC fans. Aaaaand I would complete this thought but food and friends have arrived.

PS. This is my first post via the modern, new-fangled software...not sure I like it. The archaic format...never mind must

Yeah, well you are a big doo doo head liar!

(The difference here is I typed stupid, nonsensical **** on purpose. I'm concerned you believe what you wrote is something other than the same.)
Maroon Dawn
AG
And yet all the ratings from this season say you're full of crap and that Texans don't care about your precious little 10 anymore.

And why would they?

Tiny stadiums

Tiny Fan bases

Totally irrelevant to the national picture.

Congrats, you're the new big east in every way!
coupland boy
AG
I'm sorry that I missed this. I grow weary of the same topic and this is new.
HarleySpoon
AG
I miss the game......anyone who says they don't is fooling their self. They accidentally pissed in their own Cheerios when they were trying to crap in ours. Let them enjoy their breakfast for quite a few more years.
GrapevineAg
AG
Tafelmeier94
AG
quote:
Haven't missed them a bit. Won't be missing them anytime soon. Looking forward to thanksgiving weekend in BR and NO next year!
Squadron7
AG
I made a point of going to the last match-up to honor the rivalry and because I really thought that I would miss it.

The thing is, though, is that I don't miss it. Whether I way overestimated my attachment to the old rivalry or what we have gotten in exchange more than makes up for it, I do not know.

I just know that I expected to miss it and I just don't.
Johnny Z
AG
I miss the game too, but the fact remains that Sip would spit in our faces if the tables were turned. They tried to undermine us and drag us to the PAC without even a discussion, and canceled the rivalry as some form of arrogant punishment.

As much as I loved the rivalry...sip is a self-serving scumbag that can't be trusted.
Texas Tide
AG
quote:
Why does everyone look at this as a business decision? When did fans stop wanting a game because the "other team needs it more than we do". Who the **** cares? This is a game. Who really cares about revenue or tickets sold? Good lord...it's a rivalry. Let's play those ****ers and beat that ass.

I didn't want to play them initially. But I think it's a great rivalry that needs to be continued. Regardless of the outcome, we're still in the SEC, and they're still in the BDF.

People say it's a business decision and call them bad business partners because they are too afraid to say what we all are actually thinking: they're a**holes and we don't want to play them. They treated us like crap, they negotiated in our name, the refs constantly skew games in their favor, they sought high school games on their network, they over signed high school talent before scholarship restrictions, I can go on. For Texas its never been about winning the games but rather about control. For the first time in a century they don't have leverage on us, they don't have the upper hand and they can't exert control on us in any way.

The rivalry is great, the history is amazing, and the pageantry and prestige of the game are unsurpassed but dammit it's just not fun to play that team. It's not about business, it's not about strategy, it's about not wanting to play a s***y program that treats a great sport like it's own personal game of monopoly.
Texas2008
quote:
I hated the rivalry but living in Austin might be a part of it. We were better more than half the time since I've been here. When we lost we were trash but even when we were better we were "cheaters" or "lucky" or they just "didn't care enough about the rivalry to get up for the game or fill the stadium" and on and on. They are pathetic little pvssies that have a narcissistic personality disorder.

If you get to know some of them you soon realize that many of them have some kind of mental disorder that helps them cope with the life they live. In their minds they HAVE TO BE BETTER THAN US. THEY JUST HAVE TO or their worldview no longer makes sense.

So...I hope we never play them again...or worse yet...require of their leadership to apologize for their behavior to A&M and humbly and politely request that we add them to our schedule..in an open letter to all the papers that have been used as their own PR machine for the past 50 years.

Sounds like you have some sort of personality disorder.
sarancher
AG
Hell-lets play them.
Squadron7
AG
Why give them any oxygen?
oldyella
AG
One word from me, DONE.
Two words for you and your ilk, MOVE ON.

They only hurt our recruiting. tu being in the BDF only hurts their recruiting. Let them live in pipe dreams of a 10 team conference as an easy path to the the MNC. The only way a BDF gets in is with a flawless record or freak accident and a quality non BDF win. Until then we'll take our lot of blue chips and squeeze the ease known as the BDF.
Kemo Sabe
Rivalry games for instate teams are way overrated. There were about 14 on TV yesterday, the only one that meant anything nationwide was Alabama/auburn. Next of interest was ole miss/miss state, simply because miss state was still in the mix for the playoff. However, for the last hundred years that game hasn't meant much outside the state of Mississippi. Next was FSU/fla only because many want to see the most despised player in college football go down in flames. Outside of that there was little national interest to any of the remaining games. A&M/tu will be in the same boat. 1. Won't ever be on thanksgiving. 2. Not even a conference game thus Has no bearing on conference standings. 3. It is not a game of national interest. Just another run of the mill so-called rivalry game that would have to be played in September, if it ever got going again.

It wasn't that long ago that A&M/SMU, A&M/rice, a&m/UH, etc were big match ups around these parts. And you know what? Times changed and they don't amount to a hill of beans anymore. They are warm up games for the conference schedule. Times have changed for the sip/A&M game too. It ended up on the ****-pile of history for a reason. Best to leave it there and move on.

BRAVO 1/124CAV
AG
Keep your memories and cherish them I will too, but let it go. Continuing the series without an on campus BONFIRE would not allow for the same experiences that brought so many of us back to campus and to the game at Kyle. Lets be truthful with ourselves off campus BONFIRE doesn't and never will replace on campus. Yeah some will say it beats no BONFIRE, ok if you think that fills the void of no on campus BURN it's just not the same for me. We have to find some way to get it back on campus even if it's for the LSU game. Flame away, just my opinion and yeah it might stick to some folks. BTHO(whoeverisnext).
FtnTXAg03
AG
The thing is that the university has an ironclad agreement to never build or provide support to any Bonfire ever. Then there's the issue of space and planned growth. The latter accounts for the bulk of the former; this usage rate is compounded by the recent legislation that permits the university to lease land to private developers. These are the black-and-white practical matters, saying nothing of the impossibly complicated matters of PR, optics, etc. These and numerous other factors mean on campus is simply not a possibility, and certainly not one executed by the students. So more accessible and/or closer is as good as it gets.

The interesting thing is that one of the sites suggested before moving to the Polo Fields is farther away than some of the options on Bonfire's radar today.
APHIS AG
quote:
Maybe it's different in Houston but, in my experience, nobody is talking about A&M in central, north or west Texas. And now A&M isn't just irrelevant to Big 12 fans (a/k/a non-Aggie Texans), you're now invisible to SEC fans.

Well, well, well. They may not be talking about us sip, but they are definitely watching us. TV ratings over the past three years do not lie. Also, recruits are also watching us, which is even more important. Now, I know of a team in Austin where no one is watching, even when they play their "true" rivals in Dallas.

So, keep on not talking about us. In fact, tell your "mouthpiece" journalist to stop talking about us with renewing the rivalry for it is not going to happen.
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
quote:
Anytime, anywhere.

Thing is; this shouldn't be an open ended it will be this way forever offer. Seems like it was worth it in context of attempting to keep the game going. As in, anytime of the year, anywhere (either home and home or neutral site).

Until tu officially and publicly revokes the "we control when it will resume, I think that's fair" nonsense and declare that the game will resume in partnership with another peer university and in a fair and level playing field fashion; (edited to add) the game should NOT resume.

Although, we should stick to our guns on no LHN. We want the game to be available to our entire growing fan base.

Well stated.
coupland boy
AG
^ that is very well said
12thGauge
That awkward moment when you realize that they rotate their T-Day game every year, not just for playing on thanksgiving, but so that EVERY year their T-Day game is at home. Pathetic.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:
That awkward moment when you realize that they rotate their T-Day game every year, not just for playing on thanksgiving, but so that EVERY year their T-Day game is at home. Pathetic.

Agreed. It's a continuing example of tu hubris and Big12 conference and other members compliance. Emperors don't strut around naked without others complimenting them on their new clothes.
nu awlins ag
AG
quote:
I want to start the season on labor day against y'all. Great build up all summer and the first game of the year with some national interest.

I'm all for this. They could play the game in the Meadow Lands....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.