Sip on the Shag gets it.

26,987 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by nu awlins ag
RoadGunner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
This year, personally, I'm getting amped up for LSU.
i already hate Arkansas more than i ever did Tech

really really don't like Auburn under Malzahn either

by year five, the honeymoon will be pretty much over

Yet you'd root for ark and auburn in any non con game and there's no way in **** you rooted for tech against ark earlier this year. See the difference? You wouldn't root for tu against anyone if your life depended on it.
cone
AG
quote:
I already provided examples
your examples were? that the 2000s home schedules were the same as the ones Texas has now?

that's a pretty bad example, mainly because it's not true
cone
AG
quote:
You wouldn't root for tu against anyone if your life depended on it.
i'd certainly root for Texas to beat TCU if it put A&M into the playoff

you bet your ass I would

because I don't give a **** about your team. just my team.
RoadGunner
quote:
quote:
I already provided examples
your examples were? that the 2000s home schedules were the same as the ones Texas has now?

that's a pretty bad example, mainly because it's not true

Look at any teams ticket sales when the team is good vs ticket sales when the team sucks. Do you really think ticket sales are based on schedules? If so youre a special kind of retarded.
Sea Gull
AG
quote:
quote:
Just say you're too scared to play them Dave.
hahahahahahaha

you've got a real small peen

I guess that's better than having a looser vag than lacy. Come on dude, grow some balls.
cone
AG
quote:
Look at any teams ticket sales when the team is good vs ticket sales when the team sucks. Do you really think ticket sales are based on schedules?
post a link
Maroon Dawn
AG
quote:
Imagine for a moment if the shoe were on the other foot and Texas had left to join the PAC conference. Do you think they would have any remorse or compassion to anyone left in their wake. Especially schools they never considered as equals.?

THIS

I get that some of you desperately want to **** talk your sip relatives on t-day but just stop and use logic for a moment!

You want to save the drowning sips but if it were us, they wouldn't help us. They'd stick their boot on our neck and keep it there till the very last bubble came to the surface.

Let them drown!
cone
AG
the problem with Texas's schedule now vs. the 00s is that the during the 00s they only had to play half the B12 North teams each year, and that North contained Nebraska and Colorado and Mizzou.

so now Texas has to run through the lesser named schools of the remaining weak-ass North every year and try to replace A&M with TCU/Baylor/Tech/whatever. but being forced to elevate those rivalries only serves to force Texas down to their new rival's historically perceived level.

Arkansas was garbage and is rebuilding (and is about to be really good), but we've gotten more credit for beating the Hogs over the last three years than we ever got for beating Tech or Baylor (when they started to get good).

When Texas finally beats Baylor again, it's going to be expected. Because Texas is Texas and Baylor is Baylor and Texas shouldn't be losing to Baylor. So what margin of error does that provide Texas in the current B12? We went through the same thing in the Big 12 to a much lesser extent. Losing to Texas or Nebraska or Oklahoma weren't program killers, but there were so many f-ing landmines between those games... teams that were good, but with names on the jerseys so spare as to make the losses unacceptable. It's hard to build momentum in those waters.

that's the hidden yardage in this SEC move. we're going to get slotted to generally more favorable bowls and the names on the front of the jerseys are going to always be meaningful.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
Losing to Texas or Nebraska or Oklahoma weren't program killers, but there were so many f-ing landmines between those games... teams that were good, but with names on the jerseys so spare as to make the losses unacceptable. It's hard to build momentum in those waters.
Exactly this.
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
Just say you're too scared to play them Dave. That's the vibe I'm getting from you.

DuckPatrol: disagree. SD is simply talking sense. Our SOS is already top 5.

quote:
I think the norm should be 2-3 P5 opponents and maybe 2 cupcakes. Your reasoning is the same as Baylors. Can't believe you are scared to play the big teams. Maybe that's part of this "battered Aggie syndrome" mindset. Glad we have at least ASU, UCLA, ND, and Clemson on the upcoming schedules.

With 85-man scholarship limits, and normal attrition, and with the reality of regularly losing a few top 3rd and 4th year players to the NFL (Joeckel, Demontrae, Evans, JFF just in the past 3 drafts), it becomes physically unrealistic for an SEC West team to play the kind of schedule you've described. Other than Bama (who oversigns every year, even with all the 4 & 5 stars they get), every other SEC West team already struggles with it and ends up forced to play too many true fish in the latter part of the season who aren't physically ready yet.

Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:
Yet you'd root for ark and auburn in any non con game and there's no way in **** you rooted for tech against ark earlier this year. See the difference? You wouldn't root for tu against anyone if your life depended on it.

The real question is, "Do you not see the difference that true conference partnership makes?"

I can easily root for SEC teams against non-SEC teams.

In the Big12, there's not the equal footing and partnership from ALL members. There is however a pervasive tu favoritism, mixed with an every man for himself motto. Which meant, (and still does) it is literally never in A&M's best interest for tu or other Big12 members to win.

In the SEC, it's the cumulative "brand" that is important. (See the SEC network not individual school channels). While an Auburn natty last year wouldn't have hurt A&M significantly in recruiting, the "one more year of SEC dominance" would have been the SEC motto. That helps A&M.
cone
AG
why design your schedule so as to disadvantage your team for the current playoff format?

furthermore, we're chasing a ghost here. as soon as Dodds told Loftin no with regard to continuing the T-Day rivalry, the rivalry as we knew it growing up was dead. playing on Labor Day, so early in the season, with teams that really haven't developed identities, don't have in-season established players/stars, expectations only built on preseason hype, with relatively little impact on the final rankings (as compared to what the later season game meant), with the ability to bounce back within the season... it's just not going to be as impactful.

the T-Day game was punctuation. but if A&M beats Texas on Labor Day and loses to Auburn in October, well, the Texas win doesn't really make up for the later season loss to a conference rival. double that for losing to LSU and limping into bowl season.

the wins in November are always the most important. we learned that the hard way back in the 00s.
stick93
AG
Anything short of a public acknowledgement by them stating how badly they ****ed this up gives us zero reason to play them. Their leadership screwed up a perfectly good conference and, arguably, forced several schools to make uncomfortable decisions during realignment because of the domino effect. All caused by their greed.

They can wander aimlessly through the desert as far as I'm concerned. Let them have their PR campaign about how we are scared. But our administration needs to go on the offensive and be certain everyone knows exactly why we are "avoiding" them. **** 'em and feed 'em fishheads.

Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:
...as soon as Dodds told Loftin no with regard to continuing the T-Day rivalry, the rivalry as we knew it growing up was dead...

Good point. Even if the tu game is reinstated at some point; it will never be the regular season defining, conference championship implication game it once was.
MooreTrucker
AG
I miss the game, for the reasons laid out here.

But it's gone. And as Joe said, if it did come back, it wouldn't be the same. Kinda like the Bonfire that was built around it.
APHIS AG
quote:
So why does Florida play Florida State? Why does Georgia play Georgia Tech? Etc. They are rivalries. They don't shy away from each other.

Yes, they are rivalries but does Florida go around and call Florida State "little brother"? Does Georgia with GT? No, they do not. Does a Presidents of these Universities talk down to the other when asked a question and openly patronize them? No. However, that is what "big brother t.u." has done to us. They have marginalized us for decades and have gotten away with it.

Now it is our time to shine. Our time to marginalize them.

That is why I want t.u. to be humbled with mediocrity. Dodds once stated that the game will resume when he wants it to resume. Now, the game will resume when we want it to resume.
marble rye
AG
No one is scared. Tired of their cheating and arrogance and dewshbaggery. Nothing more.

It has been 2 seasons of complete bliss not dealing w tards, bible tards, and whorns. Why go back? Big ol meh.
RoadGunner
quote:
quote:
So why does Florida play Florida State? Why does Georgia play Georgia Tech? Etc. They are rivalries. They don't shy away from each other.

Yes, they are rivalries but does Florida go around and call Florida State "little brother"? Does Georgia with GT? No, they do not

Haha, you wanna bet?
RoadGunner
And not wanting to play your rival because they're mean to you screams *****
cone
AG
yes

I want to bet you $100 that Arkansas beats Texas in the bowl game

I'll pay off your debt to Bonfire if you win. You'll owe me if I win.
marble rye
AG
quote:

No, Jameis Winston VY 2.0 screams ***** in public. Try and keep up.
APHIS AG
quote:

No, it means that it is time for all sips to wallow in mediocrity, low TV ratings, poor fan support, and no interest by top recruits.

While our potential is growing, have very high TV ratings, and have the number two ranked class in the country.

Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiips!!!!!!!!!!!!
American Hardwood
AG
Miss the game. Don't miss the sips. F 'em.
Teslag
AG
quote:
quote:

No, it means that it is time for all sips to wallow in mediocrity, low TV ratings, poor fan support, and no interest by top recruits.

While our potential is growing, have very high TV ratings, and have the number two ranked class in the country.

Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiips!!!!!!!!!!!!
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
Actually agree with that sip. It was something that families in Texas would watch together. I used to love watching it with my grandpa, who is a sip. They need to bring this game back. Say whatever you want about sips needing it more than us, blah, blah, blah. Who cares? That's a stupid ****ing reason. Bring the damn game back so we can watch the Ags beat the **** out of tu every year. And for the record, I HATE tu. HATE those ****ers. But they will always be our chief rival, just like we're theirs. Bring it back...fans of college football deserve it. Let's play it on Thanksgiving/TDay weekend like every other main rivals do. Stop being scared of hypothetical situations and just play the ****ing game.
VonDaMan
AG
quote:
If we play them it'll be like tossing them a life preserver. We should be tossing them an anchor instead.
fistofsouth
quote:
If we play them it'll be like tossing them a life preserver. We should be tossing them an anchor instead. Let them continue their march towards irrelevancy in that dumpster fire of a conference by themselves.
2014 t.u. games that drew national interest: OU

2014 TAMU games that drew national interest: SC, Arkansas, Ole Miss, MSU, Bama, Auburn and probably LSU.

It is a life preserver thrown to a school that forced A&M to fire a winning coach in order to join the SWC. Eff them.
Texas2008
Y'all sure do fret about us a lot.

The game will be back. Maybe 5 years. Maybe 10. Maybe more. But at some point cooler heads will prevail. The rivalry is good for both schools. And none of y'all's fantasies about outrageous contract terms (eg all TAMU home games, only SEC refs) will happen.

Y'all need to just chill and hope your new masters don't throw you in the Texas bowl with us. I think losing to the evil empire one more time actually might make some of y'all's heads explode.
Dr. Abbott, DDS
quote:

The game will be back. Maybe 5 years. Maybe 10. Maybe more. But at some point cooler heads will prevail. The rivalry is good for both schools. And none of y'all's fantasies about outrageous contract terms (eg all TAMU home games, only SEC refs) will happen.

Y'all need to just chill and hope your new masters don't throw you in the Texas bowl with us. I think losing to the evil empire one more time actually might make some of y'all's heads explode.

I bet your farts just slide on out, don't they?
MosesRAB-93
AG
quote:
quote:
Their schedule is lousy, so they need the game.

We do not.

We should resume the series, with the following conditions:
1. All games will be played at Kyle Field
2. SEC Refs
3. Equal distribution of PUF (which includes back pay for the last 100 years of unequal distribution)

If they disagree, we walk away. We don't need the game.

****ing stupid. Who effing cares about the damn PUF? This is football, not a political arena. Make it home and away, just like it was.

+1. I want it back.... Home & home on Labor Day weekend.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Amazing how short sighted some of you are. For the first time ever we have the upper hand and built in advantage that can't be beaten and sip is drowning in their own idiocy and what do you idiots want to do? Rescue them, something they would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER do for us just so you can have your day of talking **** to your sip relatives back.

Let it go.

Let them drown.

It's exactly what they'd do to us if the positions were reversed except they'd be smart enough not to throw us a life preserver. In fact that's what they thought they were doing to us by canceling the series to begin with.
aggie_kharma
quote:
Actually agree with that sip. It was something that families in Texas would watch together. I used to love watching it with my grandpa, who is a sip. They need to bring this game back. Say whatever you want about sips needing it more than us, blah, blah, blah. Who cares? That's a stupid ****ing reason. Bring the damn game back so we can watch the Ags beat the **** out of tu every year. And for the record, I HATE tu. HATE those ****ers. But they will always be our chief rival, just like we're theirs. Bring it back...fans of college football deserve it. Let's play it on Thanksgiving/TDay weekend like every other main rivals do. Stop being scared of hypothetical situations and just play the ****ing game.
BOOM15
AG
Only want the game if its played every year, not just the years the sips find it convenient in bowl season.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:

The game will be back. Maybe 5 years. Maybe 10. Maybe more. But at some point cooler heads will prevail.

You nailed us there. Was it our coaches' constant mentions if tu and your conference in our press conferences, or how we make up stories about wanting to play now except you're ducking us?

One school has maintained a cooler head throughout, offered to keep the rivalry going despite moving into the undisputed toughest division of the obviously toughest conference in college football. The other fabricated a transparent lie about not having the available schedule.
cone
AG
quote:
something they would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER do for us just so you can have your day of talking **** to your sip relatives back

the ultimate Aggie joke

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.