Joe Wickline suing OkieSt

7,383 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Mathguy64
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.mystatesman.com/news/sports/texas-joe-wickline-suing-oklahoma-state-claiming-h/nhqHY/#7b15c3da.257233.735528

tl;dr: To get out of his OSU contract, Wickline has to be the play caller. Only Watson is the one ****ing up the play calling. OkieSt has already sued Wickline.

quote:
OSU athletic director Mike Holder doesn't believe Wickline is actually calling plays, as Texas head coach Charlie Strong said he would this spring. Holder now wants a check for $593,478 and, according to the lawsuit, has flat-out called Wickline a liar.

The same day Wickline was announced as Texas' new offensive coordinator and offensive line coach, OSU officials hurriedly forwarded a copy of his contract to the American-Statesman. There was a noticeable clause. According to the contract, Wickline would owe OSU the balance of his contract unless he was named offensive coordinator "with play-calling duties" or went to the NFL. At the time, Wickline was signed at OSU through 2016.

All Austin-based media who cover the team daily now refer to quarterbacks coach Shawn Watson as the team's play caller. Texas officials have never disputed this or made any effort to correct anyone.

OSU's lawsuit filed in Payne County, Okla., claims that "Wickline is neither the offensive coordinator, nor does he have play calling duties." He's nothing more than an assistant coach who made a lateral move, that lawsuit states.
mid90
AG
OSU is suing Wickline?

or

Wickline is suing OSU?
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
OSU is suing Wickline?

or

Wickline is suing OSU?

Both are happening.

And frankly, I'm surprised anyone wants to admit to calling the offensive plays for the sips.
p_bubel
Perfect gif, Guitar.
leftcoastaggie
AG
Guess OSU wanted to wait till that whole SI report was debunked. Now that they are standing up to their daddy, they can expect another round of allegations to surface.
leftcoastaggie
AG
Good thing lying isn't one of the 5 core values.
StephenvilleAg77
Charlie Strong, Joe Wickline, and the corrupt UT-austin Athletics Dept....caught lying again. More indisputable evidence that Strong's holier-than-thou act is a sham and a total fraud. Not surprising to anyone who reads the newspapers. Cheating, lying, and corruption are standard operating procedures at utx-austin.

Sad.
el aggie
AG
6 million bucks is change to Patterson now that he's decided athletes should get paid (and since he decided they need the help in recruiting), but a little $375,000 buyout was worth doing a ridiculous song and dance routine that everyone immediately saw through and started the circus off with a bang.
Señor Chang
AG
quote:
"I don't even look at guys' contracts," Strong said at the time. "When I get a job, I call and say, 'Hey, you want to jump on board? Let's go to
work.'"

SupaManu
AG

Dr. Abbott, DDS
quote:
quote:
"I don't even look at guys' contracts," Strong said at the time. "When I get a job, I call and say, 'Hey, you want to jump on board? Let's go to
work.'"

Cause he can't read
Rocco S
quote:
quote:
quote:
work.'"

Cause he can't read
d78230
AG
Isn't lying in order to breach your contract a violation of one of Chollie's core values?
cupcakesprinkles
AG
quote:
Isn't lying in order to breach your contract a violation of one of Chollie's core values?

I think if you lie but still respect women and do not carry a gun while lying then you are safe.
d78230
AG
I can't wait for the lawyers to subpoena Chollie and the entire staff to see how many will lie about wickline calling the plays and whether he's actually viewed as the OC.

Core values are on the line.

It's gonna be hilarious.
permabull
AG
Potcake
AG
quote:
I can't wait for the lawyers to subpoena Chollie and the entire staff to see how many will lie about wickline calling the plays and whether he's actually viewed as the OC.

Core values are on the line.

It's gonna be hilarious.

I feel sorry for the court reporter who has to type snd transcribe his testimony.
Teslag
AG
There is a reason that every school with option to leave that conference did so.
Sensei John Kreese
AG
I'd pay the $$ if I were Wickline as his future earnings are going to be hurt by having their offensive performance attached to his name.
BQ_90
AG
just another day at Corrupt U
Tom Doniphon
quote:
I feel sorry for the court reporter who has to type snd transcribe his testimony.
88jrt06
AG
That BDF faultline was caused by sips.....not fracking.

I hear a rumble.

Next subpoena, please?
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
work.'"

^
|

Lying to cover for an earlier lie.

Charlie wouldn't have given the title "Offensive Coordinator" to his new OL coach and made those false statements in January about "Wickline will call the plays" unless he was aware of Wickline's contract.

KW02
AG
quote:
quote:
work.'"

^
|

Lying to cover for an earlier lie.

Charlie wouldn't have given the title "Offensive Coordinator" to his new OL coach and made those false statements in January about "Wickline will call the plays" unless he was aware of Wickline's contract.

Waffledynamics
aggiehawg
AG
If memory serves, Strong wanted Watson all along, but he was getting considerable flack about him from not only the message boards but some BMDs. Watson's time at Nebraska hadn't been forgotten.

Enter Wickline. If Wickline is actually the OC, the BMDs would be assuaged and Watson could come on board in a lesser capacity. Or so it would appear, right up to the time the contracts were leaked (or FOIAed). Watson was being paid far more than Wickline, who was technically his boss.

In essence, Strong was lying to a lot of people.

88jrt06
AG
77-

Good recollection. I remember those Jan. Chollie comments.

A link could come in real handy over the next few months.

It's hard to tell when Chollie's playing dumb (the "playing" part), isn't it?
Nixter
AG
Big 12
aggiehawg
AG
Hhhmm. Okie State started making demands for payment last spring. Which was kind of dumb considering the sips hadn't even played a game yet, but they were going off Watson's salary being higher than Wickline as evidence Wickline was OC in name only.

So, the season comes along, Wickline calls a few running plays thus satisfying the terms "with play calling duties" of his OSU contract.

Yes, it's tickytack. And yes, there was a conspiracy to skirt the terms of the buy-out, but it shows Wickline was pretty desperate to get outta Stillwater to indulge in such petty machinations. Just shows he really does belong at tu.
ham98
Clown show rolls on
d78230
AG
I've always gotta love the whorns. Their comments 'we just give Wickline the money for his buyout and its done'......yes. And u lied and he lied.

Those are exactly the Core Values that Chollie's clown show embrace and tout to the young men they're recruiting.

They build great men....hahaha.

sarancher
aginlakeway
AG
That game in Stillwater next month may be VERY interesting ...
DannyDuberstein
AG
OSU will probably lose on a technicality, but Chollie, Wickline, and Patterson are all lying, shady ****bags. Still ready and willing to **** over everyone in the BDF at their whim. Chollie's core values are as big of a joke as his Mushmouth speaking ability.
. . .
quote:
Strong on Wickline lawsuit: "I can't say I feel pretty comfortable about it. But he's my guy."
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.