poooooor big 12

21,573 Views | 245 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by BallHittinBoy
austinAG78748
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Won't get a team into the playoffs now
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
thinking the same thing....their studs get beat by nobodys

Auburn and Bama are the bdf winners.....no true champion
Bozo_Casanova
Stockholm syndrome
LiberalRepublican
quote:
Stockholm syndrome
I lol'd.
huisachel
the big 12 is very competitive, which is nice if you are a fan and like to see actual football games, as opposed to tryouts for a fictional national championship game at the end of the season.

as for the SEC, it seems to have a problem. The two surging teams are both going to be in serious NCAA trouble in a year or two and aren't likely to make it out of the season unbeaten anyway.

A lot of the SEC hype is generated by ESPN, which has a huge nut to make given their massive investment in the franchise and the nosebleed they are suffering for foolishly giving a network to my underachiever from Austin. At some point most people are going to catch on to the fact that there are more good players than there are scholarships and most teams in the majors have got enough of them to beat a better team in a given season. It happens every weekend. Every major conference has an excellent team or two or in the case of the SEC several of them. They will beat each other and at the end of the season the committee will pick four from the bunch and FSU and Notre Dame will not be in the initial pairing.

I hate to say it but the two best teams in the country right now appear to be FSU and Notre Dame and anybody who thinks the committee wouldn't like to see a rematch of the game last night is smoking some serious mota.

AgDotCom
Both FSU and Notre Dame were fortunate to be unbeaten going into last night's game. You know it and I know it.

They both may make the playoffs but in no way, shape or form are they the two best teams in the nation right now.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
quote:
the big 12 is very competitive, which is nice if you are a fan and like to see actual football games, as opposed to tryouts for a fictional national championship game at the end of the season.

as for the SEC, it seems to have a problem. The two surging teams are both going to be in serious NCAA trouble in a year or two and aren't likely to make it out of the season unbeaten anyway.

A lot of the SEC hype is generated by ESPN, which has a huge nut to make given their massive investment in the franchise and the nosebleed they are suffering for foolishly giving a network to my underachiever from Austin. At some point most people are going to catch on to the fact that there are more good players than there are scholarships and most teams in the majors have got enough of them to beat a better team in a given season. It happens every weekend. Every major conference has an excellent team or two or in the case of the SEC several of them. They will beat each other and at the end of the season the committee will pick four from the bunch and FSU and Notre Dame will not be in the initial pairing.

I hate to say it but the two best teams in the country right now appear to be FSU and Notre Dame and anybody who thinks the committee wouldn't like to see a rematch of the game last night is smoking some serious mota.

This is going to be great bumping material in a few months.
huisachel
everything on this site ends up being good bumping material and in most cases you don't have to wait more than three weeks, do you?
13 0 Branding Iron
AG
Sorces say Time Warner to pick up the LHN and Texas A&M had no stand alone invite to to SEC.
91_Aggie
AG
Why is every single person who is a fan of a Big 12 team so damned ignorant in regards to college football?

And Baylor fans are about 1000 times more ignorant.
BadMoonRisin
AG
To be fair, most baylor fans that were born in the "internet age" just started watching football 3 years ago.
MallalieuAg
AG
So how do you explain why more draft picks and NFL players come from the SEC? Case closed.
coupland boy
AG
quote:
Why is every single person who is a fan of a Big 12 team so damned ignorant in regards to college football?

And Baylor fans are about 1000 times more ignorant.

It's just talking points and denial.
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
everything on this site ends up being good bumping material and in most cases you don't have to wait more than three weeks, do you?

If you had a brain, you'd sh it on it.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
quote:

I've been posting in this forum for 15 years, and this is the best post I've ever seen here from a 'sip. Hands down, bar none.

What a stupid ****ing blob of monkey spunk this huisache cockgobbler is! He's accomplished the perfect tri-fecta of head-up-his-assness and complete lack of self-awareness: forstells of NCAA problems, blames ESPN because it has "a huge nut to make," then claims FSU and ND - the ultimate media darlings when his team of **** brown butt****ers is in the Gimpbox with coach Gump and his merry band of ber-tards consistently ****ting the bed - are the "real" best teams.

Hey cumstain, are you trying to peg out the irony meter, or are you really this ****ing stupid? Actually, don't answer that. It's pretty clear your *******ed head is so far up your *******ed ass that you're wearing your rectum as a necktie. Many thanks for the Sunday laughs!
StephenvilleAg77
Huisache-sip doing what all sips do.
marble rye
AG
Sips only worry about b1tchassedness, dawg
ccatag
AG
quote:
... and the nosebleed they are suffering for foolishly giving a network to my underachiever from Austin.

You still don't seem to get it. ESPN owns the sips now. The sips can't do anything without ESPN's blessing. For some millions of dollars ESPN will never miss, they effectively own not just the sips but the whole bdf. It's just a cheap investment for the time being
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Yeah, if you like watching a crappy tu team barely eke out a win over a crappy Iowa State team.

Except it was on the LHN, so virtually no one even watched it, just heard about it later.

And laughed.
bryanhome
Three first round draft choices last year get you what place in the SEC?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
One 5th round, 2 6th round, and 2 7th round picks get you what in the BDF?

Blown out by a directional Florida school.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
those 3 first rounders didn't play defense....
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
Top 20 team in the country?

You seem to suffer from something called "stupid" in that you don't understand that everything is viewed in context. We had 3 first round draft picks last year. All on offense. We had 3 draft picks last year...total. LSU had 3 times that. So did Alabama. We're still very much middle of the pack when it comes to overall talent level in this league. That's why we finished 8th in the league in overall draft picks. We don't get to play in a league with a bunch of teams in flyover country who might field a couple of draft picks in a very good year.

This reminds me of the "you finished 3rd in your division! Hahaha!!!" Um...we also finished 5th in the country.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
quote:

bryanhome
I wasn't the one that brought up strength of teams based on draft picks.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
I wasn't the one that brought up strength of teams based on draft picks.

The person who brought that up was referring to the level of competition in the SEC vs. the Big 12, which is obvious. Your reply was terrible, because despite being in the bottom half of the conference in draft picks, we still finished in the Top 20 in the country...which is just further evidence that everyone in the country knows that going 8-4 in the SEC is a lot difference than going 8-4 in the Big 12.

I'm really sorry if the truth hurts your feelings.
d78230
AG
There's no doubt that we suck but at least we don't have to trump up our pathetic last second wins of 2-4 Iowa state.

I can't imagine the volumes of koolaid being poured in sips homes these days.

Gave up 50 points to Iowa state at home and they act like Chollie is the second coming.

Mack went 8-5 last year and Chollie will be lucky to win 5 games.
AngryHorn
Conference smack. Final refuge for the loser...
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
Conference smack. Final refuge for the loser...

Oh, there's plenty of room to talk smack about your ****ty team, pal. Which loses more than it wins. In the Big 12.
Teslag
AG
At least texas is recruiting on an elite level to get better after strongs abysmal first year.

Lol
tommeehawk7
Chollie is building a foundation that will last.
AngryHorn
"Oh, there's plenty of room to talk smack about your ****ty team, pal. Which loses more than it wins. In the Big 12."

Noted.

I just think it's humorous how your smack has evolved from "we just destroyed South Carolina on the road, we're going to the playoff!" to "we may have just gotten our asses handed to us three games in row but look who we lost to. SECSEC!" Sooo, basically you're Kentucky with a worse record.

I mean as bad as the pooor Big 12 is, West Virginia managed to play Alabama 7 td's closer than you did. I'm also willing to bet that horrible Kansas St. from the awful Big 12 gave Auburn a better game than you guys will...by a long shot. But hey, you're in the SEC. Cool.
Teslag
AG
Losing in the big 12, lol recruiting, giving up 45 to Iowa state at home, missing a bowl, etc is one way to build a foundation.

Sea Gull
AG
quote:
"Oh, there's plenty of room to talk smack about your ****ty team, pal. Which loses more than it wins. In the Big 12."

Noted.

I just think it's humorous how your smack has evolved from "we just destroyed South Carolina on the road, we're going to the playoff!" to "we may have just gotten our asses handed to us three games in row but look who we lost to. SECSEC!" Sooo, basically you're Kentucky with a worse record.

I mean as bad as the pooor Big 12 is, West Virginia managed to play Alabama 7 td's closer than you did. I'm also willing to bet that horrible Kansas St. from the awful Big 12 gave Auburn a better game than you guys will...by a long shot. But hey, you're in the SEC. Cool.

The difference is we didn't get butt****ed by BYU.
Muy
AG
Bill Snyder going in with Ben Gay used as a lubricant this Saturday, in case you sips are wondering what the burning sensation is from.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.