Well this is interesting. Charlie's "core values"

6,234 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Decay
Rocco S
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Which the sip media is trying to portray as his own, are a direct ripoff from his former boss and fellow morality hypocrite, Urban Meyer.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/urban-meyer-and-charlie-strongs-core-values
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
Which the sip media is trying to portray as his own, are a direct ripoff from his former boss and fellow morality hypocrite, Urban Meyer.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/urban-meyer-and-charlie-strongs-core-values
Someone REALLY needs to post that on sh****, or tweet out to Geoff and Chip.
aggiehawg
AG
Nah, the sips will just claim Meyer stole it from Strong.
Dr. Abbott, DDS
Strong certainly seems like he would've been the brains of the group
Clown Question
From tOSU

quote:
It's something apparently taken to heart by Urban Meyer's protg Charlie Strong.

It looks like lil charlie plays fast and loose with the no stealing rule. Apparently the tu BOR is about to formally endorse chuck's plagiarism.
Chips2003
AG
Bump for any Sip lurkers who would care to comment.
Muy
AG
Seriously?
Objective Aggie
AG
The sixth rule was "Do your own work" but was taken out for obvious reasons.
Tom Doniphon
Does this mean that Roger Goodell will want to meet with Urban now?
Sandman98
AG
Isn't the media supposed to have enough curiosity to find out the roots of something like this? They never thought to use Google or ask Charlie who inspired that bold outline of basic human decency?
that poster
Who died and made Strong discipline Jesus?

Self Annointed I suppose or perhaps espn is feeding it. Perhaps he's better suited for parole officer.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
quote:

@mikefinger: Texas' regents will hold a special meeting Friday to discuss a motion in support of Charlie Strong's "core values."

keep digging, dildos.
The Collective
AG
Awesome
Sandman98
AG
Old Miami Herald article

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/gator_clause/2010/09/chris-rainey-has-put-florida-gators-coach-urban-meyer-in-a-difficult-position.html

quote:
Will that save Rainey or will Meyer be forced to dismiss him permanently because of public perception? One of Meyer's "core values" for his team is respect for women. The other core values are no guns, no stealing, no drugs and honesty. In the past, players have been kicked off the team for arrests involving women (Gary Brown, Jacques Rickerson, Ronnie Wilson and Avery Atkins).

Frankie T
This whole media blitz about Charlie's core values just goes to show how strong the BOMC still is and one of the many reasons we need to let those poor ****s rot in the BDF. No reason to ever play them again.
JR69
AG
Oh good grief! I'm pretty sure my dad would be older than either Meyer or Strong. In fact I'm pretty sure I'm older than either of them. There's nothing in those so-called "Core Values" that's any different than what my dad taught me and that I tried to teach my son. For that mess to attract such media buzz is just sad.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:

@mikefinger: Texas' regents will hold a special meeting Friday to discuss a motion in support of Charlie Strong's "core values."

keep digging, dildos.

Are you freakin' kidding me?? They called a special meeting for that???

A little early to be giving Strong the JoePa-type total deference by the BOR, isn't it??
Nuke_Ag05
AG
Quote:

Nuke_Ag05
AG
These dumbasses are REALLY grasping. It just shows how far they have fallen.
Charlie 31
AG
Do you think the sip BOR are investigating Chuck's plagiarism?

AAS: "Texas regents to discuss Charlie Strong's core values"

http://longhorns.blog.statesman.com/2014/10/01/texas-regents-to-discuss-charlie-strongs-core-values/

By Brian Davis

The UT System Board of Regents is scheduled to discuss football coach Charlie Strong and his five core values in a special meeting scheduled for Friday. According to an agenda item posted Wednesday, "U. T. System Board of Regents: Motion in support of Core Values Program established by U. T. Austin Head Football Coach Charlie Strong."It's likely the regents simply want to publicly endorse Strong and his actions. So far this season, Strong has dismissed nine players and suspended two others. On the field, the Longhorns are off to a 2-2 start and face the seventh-ranked Baylor Bears on Saturday.NFL commissioner Roger Goodell flew to Austin last weekend and met with Strong to discuss his core values during a Sunday morning meeting. Goodell's league has received harsh criticism for a series of domestic
violence incidents.Strong has said the quickest way for a Longhorns player to lose their scholarship is to break a core value. His five rules include: Be honest, treat women with respect, no guns, no stealing and no drugs.
khkman22
AG
Charlie forgot to tell someone they were supposed to tear down (paint) the signs in the Ohio State locker room.
Teslag
AG
So if a sip player goes deer hunting this fall is he off the team for possessing a gun? Does this mean he would have kicked off Colt and Jordan because they hunted together with guns?
Texmid
AG
This is a real black eye for their administration. No, seriously, it is.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
quote:
.NFL commissioner Roger Goodell flew to Austin last weekend and met with Strong to discuss his core values during a Sunday morning meeting. Goodell's league has received harsh criticism for a series of domestic

yeah...ummmmmm...about thaaaaat...

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/08/03/texas-football-players-charged-with-sexual-assault/
aggiehawg
AG
That is so laughable it is almost sad. I wanted tu to have several down years, but it is increasingly clear there isn't a sane person in the entire administrative structure anymore.

One part of me curses Perry for putting such incompetents on the BOR, just for taxpayer principle sakes. The other part of me has to snicker at the second biggest Aggie inflicted punk on tu of all time...topped only by Loftin's navigating our way clear into the SEC.
RVHorn
I don't think anyone outside of this obsessed board cares about the origin of the core values. They're pretty basic. The thing about Strong is that he holds his players to that standard, not that he invented the notions of not stealing or treating women with respect.

Typical, goofy texags reach.
BoomGoesThe
quote:

This meeting will give the announcers Texas talking points and excuses while Baylor is crushing the horns on Saturday: "Strong is a disciplinarian", "It takes time to change a team's culture", "Charlie is doing things the right way and university officials are on board", blah blah blah.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
I don't think anyone outside of this obsessed board cares about the origin of the core values. They're pretty basic. The thing about Strong is that he holds his players to that standard, not that he invented the notions of not stealing or treating women with respect.

Might want to send a memo to the tu BoR, because they think it's a big enough deal to be an agenda item.
TAMUdoc88
AG
quote:
The thing about Strong is that he holds his players to that standard, not that he invented the notions of not stealing or treating women with respect.

Except when he doesn't. Which core value addresses selective reinforcement? This will never paint him into a corner. It's foolproof.
BQ_90
AG
quote:

It is basic, yall are making it out like y'all are the only ones with standards. Again the joke is wothless sip idiots like yourself, the rest of the country is seeing this for what it is, a PR stunt.

Where was all this concern for core values under Mack?
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
It is basic, yall are making it out like y'all are the only ones with standards. Again the joke is wothless sip idiots the rest of the country is seeing this for what it is, a PR stunt.
The REAL FUN will start when (and it's when, not if) some of Charlie's players violate these core values and he has to take action ...
Charlie 31
AG
I have been been wondering why Chuck has for his core values to "treat women with respect." Why not "treat everybody with respect"? So this means it's okay for his players can go beat the crap out of dudes and get away with it, ala Cayleb Jones?

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/2014/05/22/2368666/
stick93
AG
quote:
quote:
It is basic, yall are making it out like y'all are the only ones with standards. Again the joke is wothless sip idiots the rest of the country is seeing this for what it is, a PR stunt.
The REAL FUN will start when (and it's when, not if) some of Charlie's players violate these core values and he has to take action ...

Yep. But I doubt he ever makes it to a roster of "his" players and the tough, hypocritical decisions. Averaging 4.5 wins in his first two years will be enough to have the rich geezers opening their wallets again.
Rocco S
quote:

So he's the ONLY coach that holds his players to character standards?

Why is he still kicking players off the team for not living up to his standards? Is it because he's been unable to gain his players respect?
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
quote:

How many teams have had players rape women this year? How many of those teams had core values? Anybody can kick off a player after theyve been arrested for raping somebody but it takes somebody completely different to inspire their players to not do it in the first place. Charlie is taking credit for being the latter and you, along with the rest of your fan base, is fawning over it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.