College Gameday to visit Toilet Bowl on the Brazos

7,628 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AGC
whodat77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I heard a couple of Baylol "fans" at work today seriously talking about their chances...then I saw thread on Texags North. SERIOUSLY?
http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280793
LostInLA07
AG
Why would gameday go to Waco?
HeyMoe
AG
quote:
Do we really even want them? I say screw them. They don't want to come here and I don't want them here. Let them blow smoke up the a$$ of the sec all year and dog our non-conference schedule. Let the very first game they even watch of ours be the first round of the playoff when we smoke said sec team. Let that be the time Kirk and his ilk actually take notice and give Baylor the respect it deserves. They don't want to be here... We don't want them. Let's just win the whole 'effin thing and forget about the naysayers because they'll always be there.

You tell 'em, Skippy. "BAYLOR'S TOO GOOD FOR GAMEDAY!"
Maroon Dawn
AG
The psychology of a 5 year old:

"Yeah well I didn't want that thing you won't let me have anyway because it's stupid!"
kentky
Bad year in college football if they have to resort to going to Waco.
Deputy Travis Junior
They play OU in Norman and Texas in Austin... WTF would gameday go to waco? For the game against unranked tcu or something?
Señor Chang
AG
Game day even went to North Dakota. Once again, NDSU > BDF.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
Let the very first game they even watch of ours be the first round of the playoff when we smoke said sec team.

This coming from a fan of the team that used their very first opportunity to show the world what they could do on the BCS stage to get blown the f*** out by UCF.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Have those imbeciles missed virtually every single talking head in college football say that the only meaningful game Baylor plays this year is at Oklahoma? Why would Gameday go to a game in Waco that every one of them has already discounted?
el aggie
AG
Baylor didn't offer Gameday?
The Fife
quote:
Why would gameday go to Waco?

Because they're traveling I-35 on their way to somewhere else.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Gameday saving up for that giant clash with Presbyterian and/or Incarnate Word next year...
91_Aggie
AG
I will say this for Baylor fans... they manage to keep surprising me with their increasing levels on not knowing anything about college football.
Wabs
AG
Kinda hoping the sips upset them Saturday. Shut their asses up and give the sips some false hope...
Maroon Dawn
AG
like I said, 99% of Baylor fans have been following CFB for maybe 3 seasons now but want to act like they've been fans their whole lives and talk the talk....which just exposes their incredible ignorance of the sport.

These are the same cubbies who have a thread in their "realignment" sub forum where they truly and honestly wonder about the possibility of adding Arkansas, LSU and Notre Dame to the BDF and they're all SERIOUS about it.

stick with WBB cubbys, leave the FB talk to the adults.
leftcoastaggie
AG
quote:

Gameday has been to North Dakota twice.
BQ_90
AG
quote:
I will say this for Baylor fans... they manage to keep surprising me with their increasing levels on not knowing anything about college football.

because to them football didn't exist until about 5 years ago.
Tom Doniphon
quote:
The psychology of a 5 year old:

"Yeah well I didn't want that thing you won't let me have anyway because it's stupid!"

Exactly.
88jrt06
AG
So, they counted down the "5 Most Boring Cities in America" on this morning's TV news.

Clearly Waco split the Texas vote with *OUR WINNER*.......Lubbock, Texas - #1 in the country. MOST. BORING. Congrats, tards.

Surely Waco was #6. High murder rate created too much excitement to crack the "Elite Bores"?
BayAg14
And someone always sneaks in a comment about us even though it is completely off topic.

quote:
how is it that **** is still ranked so highly? they beat so. car (their new - 1,000 miles away - rival) and barely hung on to beat arkie (who hasn't won an sec game in 2 seasons).

The g'cocks were highly ranked until they proved they are overrated. Now that they've lost a couple of home games, it's obvious they're no good so why isn't **** dropped back down in the polls to where they came from before that "big win"?
Born Maroon
AG
goodAg80
AG
quote:
And someone always sneaks in a comment about us even though it is completely off topic.

quote:
how is it that **** is still ranked so highly? they beat so. car (their new - 1,000 miles away - rival) and barely hung on to beat arkie (who hasn't won an sec game in 2 seasons).

The g'cocks were highly ranked until they proved they are overrated. Now that they've lost a couple of home games, it's obvious they're no good so why isn't **** dropped back down in the polls to where they came from before that "big win"?

With any luck, everyone we play will end up being overrated by the end of the season.
el aggie
AG
ESPN big wigs are salivating over Baylor's record setting ratings on Saturday night.
Nuke_Ag05
AG
quote:

That's rich. Their ranking to start the season is riding the wave from last year where they were beat by UCF. And who the **** have THEY played this year? They can beat their chest about pulling together a few good seasons in a row if they want. What the **** did they do before that? What the hell do they bring to that **** conference? Oh I mean besides leaching off other schools. Least they forget, the only reason they were brought into the Big Fail is because A&M and tu were forced to while other schools were left to rot on the vine. But baylol got theirs right? If that **** conference folds, those make believe babtists will be the ones left with nowhere to go. They don't bring much revenue, their fan base is small, they don't bring any TV sets, and when they are left behind it will be awesome to watch.
LostInLA07
AG
quote:

quote:

I'd love to know which "big win" they have had to justify their ranking. At least we've beaten a team that has won a game against a BDF opponent.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
I'll be curious to see what the ratings will be like for this week's game.
LostInLA07
AG
quote:
I'll be curious to see what the ratings will be like for this week's game.

Awful.

They are up against 3 national broadcast network games: Bama/OleMiss on CBS, OU/TCU on Fox and Stanford/ND on NBC. Leave it to the BDF to have a TV deal that puts their top 2 games on broadcast networks at the same time (although sip/Baylor is only a regional broadcast).

The only thing that might save ABC's ratings is that the sip/Baylor game is a split regional broadcast with Wake Forest vs FSU and Winston will attract viewers hoping for him to lose.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Good lord cubbies...do you ever think before you post??

Maybe something along the lines of

"gee, before I rag on their schedule as an example of why they don't deserve to be ranked so high, mayyyybeeee I should examine our own schedule and make sure that same logic doesn't apply to me even more so!....Nah, submit!"
AGSWON
AG
If one of y'all has an account on that site, you need to post that commit about Gameday visiting ND State twice!! OMG that would be funny.
russellme9
They had the lowest recorded tv rating Saturday night for a prime time game on Fox. Bet they are kicking the door down to follow that up with another bailure.
TechTard
I don't think 2000 Flushes can make enough product for them to keep the water near their stadium blue all day. They'd have to dump the first couple of loads by at least 6AM for it to have enough time to work, and then try to keep it blue until the wrap-up that night. It'd be a logistical nightmare.
BaileyAg
AG
quote:
They had the lowest recorded tv rating Saturday night for a prime time game on Fox. Bet they are kicking the door down to follow that up with another bailure.
Yeah, but they're saying that rating was pulled from later in the game...when everyone knew it was going to be a blowout and changed the channel.

They have an excuse for everything on Baylor Fans.
Bitter Old Man
AG
quote:
I don't think 2000 Flushes can make enough product for them to keep the water near their stadium blue all day. They'd have to dump the first couple of loads by at least 6AM for it to have enough time to work, and then try to keep it blue until the wrap-up that night. It'd be a logistical nightmare.

To be fair, they only have to do it until the sun goes down...
turboboost
AG
quote:
lifetimeag
AG
Who have the Aggies played so far? Well, out of conference it's been

Lamar at Kyle Field
Rice at Kyle Field
SMU at Dallas

Who is Baylol playing in 2015?

9/5/15 - SMU at Dallas
9/12/15 - Lamar at ToiletBowl by the River
9/26/15 - Rice at ToiletBowl by the River

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.