So, is Jameis Winston insane or something?

29,862 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Tomdoss92
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's lucky he's only suspended a half.
pagerman @ work
AG
I don't think he's crazy, just really, really stupid.
DallasAggie97
AG
He makes Forrest Gump look smart.

CoppellAg93
AG
quote:
So has Mark May come out strongly against Jameis for bringing Shame to the Game yet?

I just sent him a tweet to ask him that very thing.
TheDoctor
AG
quote:
I'll take "Things Michael Sam never said" for $200, Alex
Well played.
annie88
AG
agent-maroon
AG
@ pretend lou holtz
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TexasRebel
AG
Does that mean he passed biology?
d78230
AG
I'm thinking.... he on drugs.
Mathguy64
AG
Im thinking he didn't see the suspension coming.

Rape a chick and get away with it when FSU and TPD look the other way while you win a Heisman? Check.
Steal stuff form McDonalds and no one says boo? Check.
Shoplift crablegs, get caught, and the football coach does nothing? Check.
Stand on a table in the Student Union and proclaim how and where you laid pipe? Suspension.

They taught him he was invincible. What was he supposed to think?
Rocagnante
AG
quote:
quote:
So has Mark May come out strongly against Jameis for bringing Shame to the Game yet?

Did he respond? I'm curious what the talking heads are saying about Winston.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

No. He assaulted a Volvo instead.
aggiehawg
AG
On First Take, Stephen A. is trashing Winston's draft stock. Kiper has dropped him almost out of the first round.
Wildcat
AG
Meh. It's fashionable at the moment to be tough on players with sexual assault or other domestic violence issues. This will blow over in a few weeks or months. By the next NFL draft all that will be important is whether he can play the position.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Meh. It's fashionable at the moment to be tough on players with sexual assault or other domestic violence issues. This will blow over in a few weeks or months. By the next NFL draft all that will be important is whether he can play the position.

I'm not totally convinced this is just a momentary kerfluffle in the NFL and everything will go back to SOP by draft day. For one thing, the advertisers are getting involved. When Anheuser-Busch starts to make noise, the league has to listen.

And position play is one thing for a RB or a DE, but the QB is the face of the franchise. Winston is being compared to Ryan Leaf for heaven's sake. That is never good.
WestAustinAg
AG
quote:
I actually this is correct. These issues are political storms brought to the attention of the public by the media (looking for a story to capture eyeballs) and advocacy groups (who raise money and attempt to drive public opinion). Sometimes the media and the advocacy groups are really the same people.

From native indian rights (Redskins) to bullying last year (Ingocnito) to domestic violence (Rice) this year and now a focus on corporal punishment (Peterson) the media cycles are being driven by people who want to make examples of the NFL to promote their agendas.

This is what our society has become. Attention spans are short. Social media is more powerful than ever with twitter. Opinions are homogenized by a need to have every one agree 100% on the solution to social ills. ESPN for instance, drives opinion and ostracizes those that disagree.

Roger Goodell has, in a sense, trained the media to make a big deal out of every advocacy issue by his near-instant reactions (and sometimes overreaction) to the topic of the day. He should never have given the media the fuel they need to keep the bonfires going. It only encourages more of the same next week.

MLB just got out of their own 10 year media circus with the issue of performance enhancing drugs. Now the NFL and Goodell seem to have willing stepped into that same white hot spotlight.

CoppellAg93
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I wasn't really expecting a response from him - but I also haven't seen any comments from him yet on the situation. He will have some airtime coming up for this weekend's games - may say something then.

From other posts on here it sounds like most of the media is trashing Winston - which IMHO is way overdue.
aggiehawg
AG
Goodell has been around for a long time. It may be time for him to go. If the NFL decides to make a splash and a good PR move, they would consider Condi Rice. She's on record as saying she'd love to have Goodell's job.

That would be a hoot.
Sea Gull
AG
In Winston's case:

dmart90
AG
His 1st half suspension is actually a pretty nice play by Jimbo.

If they lose, he can say he was being tough on the kid and well, we played hard as a team, but we lost int he end. Winston paid his price and learned his lesson. Time to move on.

If, on the other hand, they win (especially if Winston leads them to a come back), this little transgression will be forgotten. Look at what a great player he is! Look how he overcame adversity!

Win-win for Jimbo.

What would be magical , but won't happen, is if every woman in the stands got up and left as soon as Winston took the field in the 2nd half in protest.
staticdoor
AG
It would be more magical if every guy got up and left, but I see the point. If they lose to Clemson - probably their toughest game - do they get a pass in the mind of the playoff selection committee because Winston sat the first half?
Grits
AG
annie88
AG
I vote one for an FSU loss, please.
EastSideAg2002
Product of Environment:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/florida-state-fans-and-students-blame-witnesses-of-jameis-winston-incident-for-star-qb-s-suspension-172546985.html

quote:
@KiefOsceola You know, I am not doubting you are wrong but sometimes you need to keep your mouth shut, lesson learned in life.
Izzy (@FSUIZZY) September 17, 2014
quote:
@KiefOsceola And if it costs us a game, then it cost us a ACC Championship, & then most likely Playoff Appearance. So make ur Acct. Private
Izzy (@FSUIZZY) September 17, 2014

agdaddy04
AG
So now suspended for whole game...
aTm2004
AG
quote:
So now suspended for whole game...

Just read that. Wonder if something happened.
AgDotCom
Yeah, wonder what's going on that we haven't already heard.
aggiehawg
AG
Either the back-up looked good in practice, or the PR was getting too hot to handle.
TexasRebel
AG
He raped a girl.
permabull
AG
dreyOO
Dude is a disgusting criminal. I have nothing to add. Just want to state the obvious.
HTownAg98
He went to the Dez Bryant School of Denying Things That Can Be Proven.

He also managed to serve the suspension for the shoplifting by sitting out a series for the baseball team.
aggiehawg
AG
Sounds like he lied about his true actions when questioned about the student union incident. How dumb was that?? The guy had to know he was being recorded on camera phones.

The guy is either a first class dewsh, or bi-polar and off his meds.
BallHittinBoy
quote:
If he sucked at football, he'd be in the penitentiary now. But got to keep him on the field because he scrong.
FIFY
A&M, “Give Us Room!"
Mr. Bergstrom
AG
This thread looks like a good place for this:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.