tuberville being sued for fraud?

2,335 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by AggieTFA06
StringerBell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Tommy Tuberville has been listed in a federal suit that alleges the former Auburn coach and his partner defrauded investors out of more than $1.7 million.

The complaint, filed Friday afternoon in the in U.S. District Court in Montgomery, claims Tuberville and Thttp://texags.com/main/quoteS Capital co-founder John David Stroud "employed devices, schemes, and artifices" to commit fraud. Seven plaintiffs from Alabama and Tennessee are seeking damages against the Auburn-based investment company.

link

not a good week in the tubs household.
Hood
AG
There's a U.S. District Court in Montgomery that's about to get a dump truck load of animal semen dropped all over it.

Amirite? /Boyd
Boyd Fistmas
I'll reserve further comment till I can figure out how this is good for Tech
goodAg80
AG
Another chance for Tubs to show his mastery of defense.
David_Puddy
AG
Sh-t just keeps on getting worse for poor Boyd.
HT
is there anything associated with tech that isn't post sloppy joe diarrhea?
John Beckwith
AG
something something SILLY ****KKING AGS something something STONE AGE something something... /boyd
Boyd Fistmas
hopefully sam will swing by and tell us how Tubs is about to get his dick kicked in the dirt in court and i'll feel much better about things.
goodAg80
AG
quote:
By July 2009, Tuberville was the subject of a Birmingham News story that touted him as an "amateur stock guru." In the story, Tuberville is reported as working at TS Capital Partners, looking to "drum up a little business for a big-time hedge fund run by Stroud Capital."
Both TS Capital Partners and Stroud Capital are listed among the eight entities associated with Tuberville and Stroud in the complaint.
Stroud did not respond to an email request for comment from The Times.
The 32-page suit alleges that Tuberville and Stroud mixed their clients' assets with their own, failed to file tax returns, falsified client statements, falsified fund performance reports and "generally disregarded and violated customary practices and procedures followed in the hedge fund and security investments industry."
Several plaintiffs, including at least one former employee of TS Capital, have demanded their money be returned, yet, according to the complaint, none of the money invested has been accounted for. The suit also states that investors listed "have reason to believe that most, and possibly all, of their invested funds have been misappropriated, improperly converted and/or squandered."

Really, this is going to suck for Tubs.
Leonard H
When's the last time tech was in the news for something praiseworthy?
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
Look at Boyd, acting so cool and collected. Meanwhile, he's feverishly pm'ing Chris Level to try and get some consoling that everything's going to be ok.
David_Puddy
AG
He's such a limp d-cked chimp
HT
quote:
By July 2009, Tuberville was the subject of a Birmingham News story that touted him as an "amateur stock guru." In the story, Tuberville is reported as working at TS Capital Partners, looking to "drum up a little business for a big-time hedge fund run by Stroud Capital."
Both TS Capital Partners and Stroud Capital are listed among the eight entities associated with Tuberville and Stroud in the complaint.
Stroud did not respond to an email request for comment from The Times.
The 32-page suit alleges that Tuberville and Stroud mixed their clients' assets with their own, failed to file tax returns, falsified client statements, falsified fund performance reports and "generally disregarded and violated customary practices and procedures followed in the hedge fund and security investments industry."
Several plaintiffs, including at least one former employee of TS Capital, have demanded their money be returned, yet, according to the complaint, none of the money invested has been accounted for. The suit also states that investors listed "have reason to believe that most, and possibly all, of their invested funds have been misappropriated, improperly converted and/or squandered."

good lord
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
Speaking of, you still wanna go grab a beer sometime, Pud? I'm right over here by the ballpark....
David_Puddy
AG
I thought you were in the Woodlands
Boyd Fistmas
Sent: 2/28/2012 1:35p
To: Boyd Fistmas
Subject: RE: Tubby???

Relax bro. I'm on it.

Oh and I'm sorry I'm just now responding to your email about Dom Wheeler. Yes, he really did have an offer from A&M.

Thanks for your loyalty!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 2/28/2012 1:33p
To: Chris_Fvkking_Level
Subject: Tubby???

Dude, the agiegs are claiming that Tubs is going to get nailed for fraud. I'm seriously not sure I can handle another flogging on texags. Tell me this isnt true...

[This message has been edited by Boyd Fistmas (edited 2/28/2012 1:36p).]
John Beckwith
goodAg80
AG
Boyd-

You had AHOV write that for you didn't you?
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
I thought you were in the Woodlands

Well, I don't work from home and I don't sleep where I work. Figure it out, cap'n.
Lloyd Christmas
I thought Boyd gave up texags for lent?
David_Puddy
AG
Didn't know you lawyered downtown, ace.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
That's the only place to lawyer as far as I'm concerned. The rest if garbage.
Boyd Fistmas
well, there and NYC. right?
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
No, that place sucked to lawyer in. Living in a box for more than a sane person would pay for a mortgage on a great spread here sucked.
HT
how much money do you make a year, stew?
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
Just got raised up to $34,700 baby.
Boyd Fistmas
a month?
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
Yes.
David_Puddy
AG
Boyd has an uncanny ability to take a thread that brings up a bad mention of his school or coaches and blimping it into oblivion. This is his new method of goaltending.
Boyd Fistmas
do you know what blimping means, stupid?
John Beckwith
AG
We need to get this type of goal tending from Boyd again

David_Puddy
AG
quote:
Boyd Fistmas
posted 3:59p, 02/28/12

do you know what blimping means, stupid?

I think so. I'd point to this thread as exhibit A.
Boyd Fistmas
quote:
I'd point to this thread as exhibit A.

my point exactly.
Boyd Fistmas
quote:
"Coach Tuberville was surprised to learn of the pending lawsuit involving TS Capital Partners, LLC and he categorically denies any wrongdoing which has been attributed to him in this suit. He has never even met or spoken with most of the plaintiffs and he is acquainted minimally with the few other plaintiffs only because they were employees at TS Capital Partners, LLC. Coach Tuberville absolutely never solicited any investment from any of these or other individuals. It is important to note that Coach Tuberville himself invested significant funds and has never received any return from his own investment. Accordingly, he is hopeful the plaintiffs, who were employees, can help to provide answers as to what transpired. Coach Tuberville has cooperated with every regulatory inquiry and not a single one has asserted that he was involved in any wrongdoing. He intends to vigorously defend the allegations made against him and is confident he will be exonerated."

Tubs' honor - Defended

David_Puddy
AG
quote:
my point exactly.

Definitely worthly of a cry/laugh there man. You got me again! LOL!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.