Big 12 Conference disappointed with Tceh

6,903 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Maroon Dawn
Dr.K
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i wonder how it feels to be an A&M football fan, knowing that your boys get absolutely ass-r@ped every year by a weak team that is too scared to play any D-1 teams in non-conference.
conchocat
Dallasag still gets it wrong. Beebe didn't say that. Period.

Geez, doesn't Blinn teach reading and listening comprehension?
Aston94
AG
quote:
Beebe said only one Big 12 football team (Texas Tech) this season won't play at least one nonconference game against a team from one of the nation's top six conferences.

"The fans don't want a patsy schedule," Beebe said.

So he didn't name you by name, but he pointed out to everyone who he was referring to.

This whole subject begs the question: if no one wants to go to Lubbock for a day and a half to play tceh in football, why exactly did you want to go spend your college years there?
Dallasag02
AG
What part of "Beebe said" is difficult for you to understand, concho?
conchocat
"What part of "Beebe said" is difficult for you to understand, concho?"-Dallasag

Beebe never singled out Tech...got it? The whole thing is below. Beebe said he is pleased...the writer put the Tech comment in. Got it now? Or just make up whatever you want.

Beebe on football scheduling: Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe said he is pleased with the league's non-conference football schedules for 2008 after encouraging member schools to improve their competition.

Texas Tech is the only Big 12 football team that won't play at least one non-conference game this season against a team from one of the nation's top six conferences.

"The fans don't want a patsy schedule," Beebe said.
Dr.K
quote:
if no one wants to go to Lubbock for a day and a half to play tceh in football

so you think the reason teams dont want to play in lubbock is b/c of the town?

Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
No, Its all the championship trophies, retired Heisman and MNC banners hanging in the rafters that theyre afraid of.
Dallasag02
AG
Concho, let me spell this out for you:

1. I quoted the entire article in the original post. Read it, it may help you not look like a retard.

2. I specifically said that even though Beebe didn't mention tech, the writer felt like people needed to know. Again, read what others post and you won't look like a retard.
Dallasag02
AG
Sammy, when you say rafters, are you referring to the rafters of the La Quinta that was built as part of the stadium renovations a couple of years ago?
Dallasag02
AG
Here's a good pic of it:

Aston94
AG
quote:
so you think the reason teams dont want to play in lubbock is b/c of the town?

1. Located in the middle of nowhere.
2. Not located near any recruiting areas of significance.
3. Requires change of planes to get there.
4. Located in middle of nowhere.
5. Strong likelihood that fans of tceh will do something stupid and dangerous to themselves and/or opponent.
6. Wind/turf/west Texas.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
What an embarrassment of a football stadium.

The silver lining here is it'll compliment the embarrassing scoreboard, i guess.
conchocat
You really got me, Dallasgag. And used the ultimate "retard" insult as well.

Try not attributing quotes to people when they didn't say it.

Whew, you guys are pretty high maintenance.
Farva
You have never won a real football conference championship and never won any conference championship in the Big 12 in any sport, you have a drunk pirate coach that likes to run up the score on anyone given the chance, and win or lose you launch physical and verbal attacks at any visiting fans and then you still wonder why you can't get any good schools to go home-away with you?

If you haven't figured it out then I guess there is a reason you went to Tceh.
Dr.K
quote:
The silver lining here is it'll compliment the embarrassing scoreboard, i guess.

Dallasag02
AG
I only thought I'd found the ultimate insult. "Dallasgag" has now trumped it.
conchocat
You're welcome!
TTechDeck
Here you go Ags this guy agrees with you

quote:
I hate to make it look like I’m picking on the Big 12, which appears to be a much-improved league in 2008, but the Red Raiders have borrowed the Sunflower State philosophy of creating overinflated records with as many weak sisters as they can find. The Red Raiders’ first four games include outings against Eastern Washington and Massachusetts, both of which hail from the Division I-AA ranks. What, were the Deaf & Dumb and the Houston Y.M.C.A. unavailable? (Longtime Texas Tech rival Texas A&M actually opened the 1904 and 1905 seasons, respectively, against those two opponents. Look it up if you don’t believe me.)

http://www.dawgsports.com/2008/6/9/549099/which-four-college-footbal
BillJack
That guy really went out on a limb with those schools "he ain't buyin'".

Dallasag02
AG
quote:
Last year’s Texas Tech defense surrendered 24 points to Rice, 27 points to Oklahoma, 28 points to Virginia in the Gator Bowl, 31 points apiece to Colorado and to U.T.E.P., 41 points to Missouri, 49 points to Oklahoma State, and 59 points to Texas. The Raiders could improve upon that by leaps and bounds yet still stink badly enough to lose four or five games.

Newsletter or not, this is enough reason to have fired Fran.
Happy Kuykendahl
rrj2012
AG
I didn't check the date, I thought this was a new thread. ******* you suck tard
goodAg80
AG
It's still funny. But it's from Beebe.
McInnis80
Has Tech tried to schedule any BCS teams lately? I don't expect LSU or Alabama to come to Lubbock, but what about Ole Miss, Kentucky, Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State or a Big East or ACC team? I remember USC playing at Baylor and I think at Tech. I don't expect Tech to take games at Ohio State or Penn State without a return game, but get real.

As a rule, I hate the state of Non Conference schedules now, but the money rules. Everyone now plays games agsinst directional schools.
proudaggie02
AG
quote:
I have fond memories of all the conference titles

This guy was either lying about being a tech fan or he has lsd-inspired memories.
Happy Kuykendahl
quote:
Dr.K7:45p, 06/09/08
why are the Aggies starting football smack on the Techies? dont the Techies own them in every conceivable way?

ZoneClubber
AG

So Tech hasn't played a BCS school in a non-conferene game since 2003? that's weak sauce
13 0 Branding Iron
AG
quote:
Dr.K
posted 7:45p, 06/09/08

why are the Aggies starting football smack on the Techies?
EastSideAg2002
quote:
rrj2012
posted 3:48p, 07/26/11

+1
Forrest Gump
AG
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/579265-texas-tech-football-red-raiders-dump-tcu-from-2011-schedule

This is the second year in a row tortilla tech has dropped TCU. At least Baylor, of all schools, has the bear balls to play them.

Go join C-USA tech.
Muy
AG
quote:
I can't imagine why nobody would want to play in Lubbock. It's so close to so many two star recruits.

don't forget fan-friendly, only Aggies make up stories about ttech fans sucking
Muy
AG
dammit, i just realized this too

quote:
Tomdoss92
AG
quote:
At least Baylor, of all schools, has the bear balls to play them.

well, technically HAD them until after the first half.
quote:
The Horned Frogs (3-0) scored touchdowns on their first five drives to build a 35-3 lead and had 335 of their 558 total yards by halftime.

AGnMass
AG
EK Gill's reply was money.
Greg Costanza
AG
Tech brings pathetic to a whole new level. Most of them have shut the **** up and disappeared, but a few of these dumb asses still mouth off like they matter
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.