Real Estate
Sponsored by

Real Estate License

2,257 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by IJones23
IJones23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My wife informed me she wants to get a Real Estate license. She's been in college for a year for PTA and has been working as a waitress the past year and a half. I know absolutely nothing about the business, except what I looked up. I know that when she puts her mind to something she does it, but I'm just worried she might be getting in over her head. Any thoughts or ideas?
Bayou City
The license is extremely easy to get. My wife keeps hers for when we buy/sell a house.
IJones23
Ok. I guess what I'm asking is that, is this a good long term career choice? She's a hard worker and I have no doubt that she will pass and give it 110%, but normally I know someone that she can talk to and I know absolutely nobody that's into Real Estate.
Martin Q. Blank
Family life? Kids in your future? Do you like seeing her on the weekends and evenings?
IJones23
We already have a nine year old girl. I work swing shift so I barely get to see her anyway. I know it's a grind and you have to be flexible and be available when your clients need you. We have a great relationship, and make time for each other when we can.
IJones23
I just wanted to get some Ags opinions. Is it worth it? Is the market too saturated with Realtors now?
voorheesdn
AG
Shoot me an email. I'd be glad to answer any questions you have about it.

david@voorheesteam.com

We can set up a time for to chat on the phone.
IJones23
quote:
Shoot me an email. I'd be glad to answer any questions you have about it.

david@voorheesteam.com

We can set up a time for to chat on the phone.

Will do!
jmazz
AG
I'd say yes, the market is saturated with Realtors...but that doesn't mean much. Most Realtors start by working with friends/family and the business grows from there. Very few Realtors get business just b/c...most all business is generated through referrals, repeat business, etc...unless the Realtor is offering something that others aren't (like flat fees or rebates or something)...then they might get 'random' business. So, if your wife is personable, outgoing, knows lots of people, networks, etc...it could turn into a very successful venture. On the flip side, if she's not those things and doesn't network...it could not yield much in return.
IJones23
Thanks for the replies. I knew I could count on some Ags for help!
JenniferJennings
I got my license just over 13 years ago and have been going strong ever since. I didn't have a large network of people in BCS but I was a hard worker and had a plan. I was a divorced mom, with a very supportive ex husband, and have found real estate to be the perfect career that has allowed me to set my own hours and be able to be at any of the kids events that I wanted to be at. If she is a hard worker and good at self discipline, then she should be fine! I am happy to give her more insight if you want to email me JJennings at Century21BCS dot com
IJones23
Thank you! I'll giver her your info.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.