Real Estate
Sponsored by

Confirmation I really haven't seen it all

2,548 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cgh1999
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Friday I closed a mortgage loan for a Realtor buying a new personal home. He owns another home which he intends to sell in the near future and was able to qualify owning both homes. He had ample verified deposit accounts so cash to close was no issue and was roughly $45K.

When I got to the title company Friday afternoon he and the closer were sitting in the conference room waiting for me to explain something to him. He wanted to know why he had to have the cash to close now and couldn't he just wait until he sells the existing home and us cover it for him.

I explained that he had seen the loan estimate in the beginning with cash to close estimated, had seen and signed the closing disclosure 3 days prior to closing which verified cash to close. He said he didn't think that figure had to be funded up front.

This was not a rookie Realtor, but a very seasoned and pretty dang successful agent. I can check this off the "that will never happen" list.
AggiePlaya
AG
Lol, hey why should I use my own money!
Zemira
AG
Im not sure but wouldn't want that guy as my realtor.
BMF 05
AG
Wow.
SteveBott
AG
Holy Bat Man. I have some doozies but nothing like that. Mine were newbs to mortgage. Most of my RE guys know my business enough to know that's not how it works.
dubi
AG
Wow!
RK
AG
it's a pretty good strategy. always respond as if the other party is the one being unreasonable and just see what sticks...
SoTheySay
S
These are my favorite.
cgh1999
AG
Did you Offer him a personal loan at 14% with a 2% origination fee?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.