Real Estate
Sponsored by

How to become a property manager?

1,186 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ItsA&InotA&M
atmpam07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am exploring different career alternatives and I was wondering if anyone here manages property, especifically condo units with a POA?

Is there a certification program or training courses? TIA!
AggieGunslinger
AG
Power Of Attorney? Or did you mean HOA?
atmpam07
AG
HOA
SoTheySay
S
Do you have experience with property management?
atmpam07
AG
Sorry, I apologize if my post was vague. Long story short is that I'm looking to possibly make a career change. I have a BBA and an M.Ed., however, I've been presented with a possible opportunity to manage a complex run by an HOA. I don't have any experience so I am wondering how exactly people who do property management get started. Are there courses? Certification programs? I read somewhere that if it is through an HOA, you don't have to have a real estate license?

Where I live, there is one company (one person really) who does property management so I do see potential in the field.

If you are a property manager, how did you get started?
ItsA&InotA&M
My daughter is in the property management business. She got her start as a leasing agent for various apartments and worked her way into management. She switched companies a few times and eventually found one that provided growth opportunities.

Early on, she go her R.E. license but never used it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.