Real Estate
Sponsored by

Confederate of Texas

9,283 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by texrover91
k20dub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Found this interesting... Per Champions School of Real Estate's 2016 book Law of Contracts page 64

"There is a two-year right of redemption for homestead property sold at a tax auction in Texas. This
means, if a person loses the homestead property due to unpaid taxes, he or she has two years to pay
the purchaser all expenses and a penalty and regain the land. If the land is not homestead property,
the right of redemption is only for six months."

BigPuma
schwack schwack
(removed:110205)
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen

Sounds like a "sovereign citizen". I have to deal with them periodically. I had one file an "Affidavit of Divine Clarification" in an eviction case claiming he was the Almighty. Sometimes they file fraudulent liens. The real property offices are ministerial, so they accept the filing if it's kosher on its face...i.e., they don't look at the legitimacy of the underlying facts. Can take some time to undo the damage of fraudulent liens. Last year, I had a "sovereign citizen" pull a gun on our locksmith. Good luck on your situation.

Google this guy's name. You can see what judge's have to deal with these guys.

I'm amazed LEO's don't shoot more people.

FrioAg 00
AG
Holy crap - I had to **** that off, couldn't even finish.

I'd make a terrible cop. I'd shoot some SOB on the first day.
SteveBott
AG
Frio I watched most of it. What is amazing is they all have the same scheme and they all, almost all, get the beat down arrest they deserve. You think this 'movement' would watch this and get the hint.
FrioAg 00
AG
They are also all pretty much the stupidest "would be" lawyers I've ever heard. That one dude literally said "the Attorney General said on page 19"

Page 19? Seriously?
SteveBott
AG
Absolutely no question they are stupid. Officer tells me to provide ID you got it. Never thought otherwise

Where is this whole social movement coming from? I'm sure the web but where?
FrioAg 00
AG
IDK. I think the suburban kids actually affected the poor kids on this one.

I was raised in the ghetto - and the kids always had a healthy fear of the police. Run? Sure. But challenge, touch or get mouthy with a cop? negative.

Obviously there were exceptions, but that was the rule.

Now every kid (and young adult) feels entitled to there own safe space and think even a LEO should be someone they can just will out of that space. Snowflakes, all of them.
texrover91
AG
quote:
Found this interesting... Per Champions School of Real Estate's 2016 book Law of Contracts page 64

"There is a two-year right of redemption for homestead property sold at a tax auction in Texas. This
means, if a person loses the homestead property due to unpaid taxes, he or she has two years to pay
the purchaser all expenses and a penalty and regain the land. If the land is not homestead property,

More here:

Foreclosures in Texas

and here:

Right of Redemption Issues for Investors
The Original AG 76
AG
more proof that each generation needs a world war type event to thin the herd. SOO many people need a good killing today....
AFarmer95
GarlandAg2012
AG
quote:
more proof that each generation needs a world war type event to thin the herd. SOO many people need a good killing today....
One of the most insanely idiotic posts on TexAgs.
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:
quote:
One of the most insanely idiotic posts on TexAgs.
Yeah, that guy needs help
histag10
AG
quote:

That's how it is here as well, unless they filed bankruptcy, in which case, there is no right of redemption. This is why my boss only buys properties from the city (on taxes), or in a bankruptcy settlement. He hates foreclosures because you cant really do anything with them for 2 years.
schwack schwack
AG
People out here do buy them @ those courthouse sales & just do nothing with them. I always wondered why there were so many boarded up houses but now I get it. No point putting anything into them until they are yours.
goosespn
AG
This post confirms a few things I have been thinking for a while:

1. The current crop of 20-30 year olds are, for the most part, in dire need of an a$$ whipping.

2. I am scared to death that they are going to be put in charge after I am retired.

3. I am going to fix a drink now.

Whoop! BTHO Arkansas!
Sgt. Hartman
AG
Probably a poster from the Outdoors board. There are a bunch of right wing nut jobs over there that believe that adverse possession is a legitimate and commonly used means of land conveyance.

Look for a Doss sticker on their stuff to confirm.
texrover91
AG
quote:
Probably a poster from the Outdoors board. There are a bunch of right wing nut jobs over there that believe that adverse possession is a legitimate and commonly used means of land conveyance.

Look for a Doss sticker on their stuff to confirm.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.