Real Estate
Sponsored by

~42.5 Acres For Sale in Lee County

5,847 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by giddings_ag_06
giddings_ag_06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As soon as we get the listing finished I'll post it on here, but I'm putting my Central Texas hunting place up for sale. This place is set up for hunting and loaded with animals (hogs, deer, turkey and predators), but would be a great investment property due to being close to Austin and fairly close to Houston and San Antonio. I know there are several people looking for smaller places like this in our area so I thought I'd mention it to generate a little interest and see if any realtors have potential buyers looking for something like this. I'll post some pictures from the place and give a little description about it. If anyone is interested or knows anyone who may be please let me know!

Key Points:
-2 tracts separated by a 1/2 mile easement (10 acres & 32.5 acres so it feels like 2 different places and much bigger)
-Very secluded property to get away (roughly 12 minutes from a gas station though)
-Approx. 45 minutes from Austin and 1.5 hours from Houston
-2 food plots approx. 1 acre each
-Creek runs through the 32.5 acre tract
-Property is almost all wooded with large oaks, hickory, cedar, pines and yaupon
-New fences on part of the property
-High fence on one side of the 32.5 acre tract
-Trailer house and campsite on 10 acre tract with county water available
-Recent dozer work to redo roads and open up hunting areas
-Large neighbors on all sides
-Tons of hogs and predators to hunt year round
-Stands and feeders can be included to have a turnkey deal
-Ag Exemption in place and leased to neighbor for cattle (can be converted to Wildlife Exemption if you want)

This would make a great investment property/hunting lease due to the growth of the Austin/Manor/Elgin area which is only minutes away.

Property ID's on the Lee CAD website are #14182 & #14183.
http://esearch.lee-cad.org/Property/View/14182
http://esearch.lee-cad.org/Property/View/14183

I'm attaching an aerial view of the property and surrounding area and the same picture with the property lines sketched in red and easement colored in blue.

giddings_ag_06
AG
Not sure why my pictures aren't showing up on here, but here is a link to the listing. More pictures coming tomorrow.

Property Listing
giddings_ag_06
AG
More Pics Uploaded

Realtors, if you have anyone interested let me know. Excellent for hunters.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Price reduced big time. Had a few lookers and calls on it, but decided to drop the price anyways.
histag10
AG
post to the OB
Petengr
AG
was contacted, thanks!
giddings_ag_06
AG
quote:
I have a few questions, can you send me an email. Thanks!
Username@live.com

Email sent your way!
Madaman
Is 15k/acre a reasonable price these days?
giddings_ag_06
AG
quote:
Is 15k/acre a reasonable price these days?

Around our area $8-$10k is average. What's $15k an acre? Never seen anything that high.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Had a few calls and showings in the last couple of weeks. Price is at $285k and as I've said before, I am willing to negotiate. The current list price is competitive for our area.

Austin, Houston and CS realtors, this is a easy drive for buyers from your areas. It's hard to find acreage like this with so many trees and such good hunting. If you have anyone looking for a good hunting property, investment property or country home site, THIS IS IT!!!!
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Can you explain the half mile easement? Is it like a dirt road linking the two?
giddings_ag_06
AG
quote:
Can you explain the half mile easement? Is it like a dirt road linking the two?

Basically, yes. I have a neighbor between my two tracts from Houston that comes out a handful of times a year, mostly just during deer season. He's basically a silent neighbor. We rarely run into each other, but when we do, he's a really nice guy and we just talk about hunting, A&M football (he's a former Ag) or whatever. There's no cross fences between his place and mine so you just drive along the fenceline down a sandy road to the back 32 acre tract. I literally just finished discing my food plot of oats for this fall. Because of the easement, this place hunts like a much larger property. If that didn't answer your question, just let me know and I'll try to get more in depth.
giddings_ag_06
AG

Aggies08-19
Consider leasing for hunting until it sells?
giddings_ag_06
AG
quote:
Consider leasing for hunting until it sells?
No, I'll actually be hunting it until it sells.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Price is being dropped today to $270k
giddings_ag_06
AG

giddings_ag_06
AG
Quite a few pictures added on the Outdoor Board thread if anyone cares to check them out plus a pretty lengthy write-up about the place.
kc kid
AG
Technically that looks like Moab. Don't bring my neighborhood values down
giddings_ag_06
AG
quote:
Technically that looks like Moab. Don't bring my neighborhood values down

It is Moab. On 333. Heck of a guess.
ag-guy
AG
If someone were to buy your property, what's the chance of the properties along the border selling? Do you know if that owner has any interest selling?
I'm interested and from Brenham and live in Spring.
giddings_ag_06
AG
quote:
If someone were to buy your property, what's the chance of the properties along the border selling? Do you know if that owner has any interest selling?
I'm interested and from Brenham and live in Spring.

There's a chance the neighbor between my tracts might sell, but I can't say for sure because I've never asked. Honestly I've never felt the need to because A) they are rarely there and B) they are great neighbors. Sorry I can't give you a straight answer on that.
kc kid
AG
Yeah I looked at the map and know the area very well. I own land about 4-5 miles from there
giddings_ag_06
AG
Big price reduction

$235k
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Sent the listing to my pops. Very interested.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Mr. McGibblets said:

Sent the listing to my pops. Very interested.

Awesome! Feel free to email me if you have any questions. I appreciate it!

drew_0912 @ hotmail.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.