2024 transfers out

13,558 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by AggieSports
Kbeauty63
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kay Kay is the first in the transfer portal (not shocked)
greg.w.h
AG
Do Kylie or Sole run the 1???
aggiedrjdub
AG
Kbeauty63 said:

Kay Kay is the first in the transfer portal (not shocked)

Gosh, the recent arrest isn't a good look for someone entering the portal.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
aggiedrjdub
AG
greg.w.h said:

Kylie didn't even get minutes this year so I have no idea what to expect from her. Sole can probably run the ship.
PGAG
AG
I don't follow the team closely, but can yall tell me who we lose off this year's team? Complete rebuild?
greg.w.h
AG
I'm sure there will be a focus on bringing in more guards, too, including veterans from the portal.
WBBALLFAN84
greg.w.h said:

Kylie is not a pg. Sole may be able to run the 1 but she is a CG for sure. Erica Moon, who was hurt last year is a pg though.
WBBALLFAN84
I see that Tineya Hylton is in the transfer portal.
Kbeauty63
AG
WBBALLFAN84 said:

I see that Tineya Hylton is in the transfer portal.
That makes me sad I really liked her play the latter part of the season.
Rockelle81
AG
Just ran into Coach Joni at IAH on her way to Cleveland for the Final Four. And talking A&M up while there?
AggieSports
AG
I'm seeing Kay Kay in the portal but not Tineya. Where is that posted?
Kbeauty63
AG
https://www.thenexthoops.com/features/2023-24-transfer-portal-tracker-ncaa-womens-basketball/#SEC

I found this one that shows Tineya
aggiedrjdub
AG
That sucks bc I've been a huge Tineya fan, but she wasn't getting much consistent playing time and I can understand why she might leave. She didn't seem to be happy here, if I'm being honest.
Kbeauty63
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

That sucks bc I've been a huge Tineya fan, but she wasn't getting much consistent playing time and I can understand why she might leave. She didn't seem to be happy here, if I'm being honest.
I agree. Both she & Sydney Bowles (though Sydney seemed to be ok later in the season when her shot started falling). And I am surprised as Tineya followed Coach Taylor from Georgia....
AggieSports
AG
Kbeauty63 said:

https://www.thenexthoops.com/features/2023-24-transfer-portal-tracker-ncaa-womens-basketball/#SEC

I found this one that shows Tineya

Ok, thanks.
LawHall88
AG
aggiedrjdub
AG
Bummer
Kbeauty63
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Bummer

I'm really surprised as well. But she did say she was going to use all her eligibility - so, she has 2 years
taylorswift13_
All fine if we can upgrade the talent
PGAG
AG
Coach Taylor coaching the national team should have positive effects on recruiting
Stone44
AG
What about the three players that were arrested for smoking dope?
Kbeauty63
AG
Stone44 said:

What about the three players that were arrested for smoking dope?

2 of the 3 are in the transfer portal
aggiedrjdub
AG
After watching the national semis and the finals, sadly, I feel we are years away from those types of teams and results. Hope coach Joni proves me wrong.
Ag4eva95
Agree with this! We have quite a few open spots and only one girl signed for next year. All ESPN 100 girls are signed, so Taylor's only routes are transfer portal and Juco. Considering she hasn't tackled Juco much, I doubt she starts now.

I really hope she mixes it up with some senior leaders and some girls with multiple years left that can contribute. It's hard to build a consistent program just with yearly one and dones
WBBALLFAN84
aggiedrjdub said:

After watching the national semis and the finals, sadly, I feel we are years away from those types of teams and results. Hope coach Joni proves me wrong.
What in your opinion has to change about this team to get to the results you want?
Ag4eva95
There is a huge talent gap for starters. There is a lack of consistency with effort and focus. It takes time to build a winning program, but there are some glaring holes if we are trying to compete to nattys again
aggiedrjdub
AG
WBBALLFAN84 said:

aggiedrjdub said:

What in your opinion has to change about this team to get to the results you want?

We cannot compete with how SC and UCONN and now Texas recruits. Their rosters are loaded with 5* talent. However, if you have an icon you can build around like Iowa did I think there is hope. Janiah needs to be that icon but she has to just be better in order for us to succeed with her as our leader. That means she stays on the count and doesn't foul out. As talented as she is, she does not score at the rate that CC did, doesn't pass as well, doesn't run the floor as well, doesn't shoot free throws as well (although she's very very good - don't get me wrong). SC is just on another planet with their length and athleticism and talent. UConn will be as well. We are inconsistent at best and we need a point guard that will take us to the next level. We don't have that currently.
aggiedrjdub
AG
And in the age of instant success as other coaches are reloading talent (Mulkey, Geno, Dawn, Vic) and finding success, it's hard to understand why we can't do that as well. I do realize it took SC years and years to build what they have. We don't have years and years as our fanbase will run off another coach if we aren't successful within the next 2. I would consider elite 8 or higher success.
LawHall88
AG
Welp...
WBBALLFAN84
WOOOOOwwww. Janiah Barker is in the portal. I can't say that I'm supprised
aggieFann
Oh wow I didn't see this coming!!
WBBALLFAN84
In my opinion, uf Texas A&M doesn't come up with NIL for these women bball players like SC and LSU we wont be able to attract or keep players.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Absolutely gut punch. Wow.
aggiedrjdub
AG
If she goes to LSU I will literally lose all respect for her.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I think reality is, she wants to play with the big times and doesn't want or need the responsibility of building something. Sucks. Big time.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.