Kim Mulkey Story Incoming

6,189 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by greg.w.h
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Washington Post is about to publish a story and profile of Kim Mulkey that will not paint her in a positive light. I don't know the subject matter, but Mulkey and LSU fans are in a panic.

Bucketrunner
Mulkey saying she's hired the best lawyers. If she's really done that, they'd be telling her to keep her mouth shut
BassCowboy33
That press conference today to was…something.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Mulkey saying she's hired the best lawyers. If she's really done that, they'd be telling her to keep her mouth shut

No chance of that.

Incidentally, if it is from the compost, a guess might be her relationship with Griner and POSSIBLE accusations of "homophobia," whatever that means. (I'm the last person that's a KM fan -- quite the opposite, in fact -- but I seriously doubt she's afraid of anyone or anything). This lawyer stunt is to try and intimidate the post -- something KM lives by -- and I seriously doubt it will work.
texag84
AG
Whatever it is, she's nervous cuz it's true!
Rudybryan
Can't wait to read it....,,
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
I hate Skeletor but I hate the media more.
I hope she burns them down.
dixichkn
AG
All I know is she mentors Angel Reese. Biggest b**ch on the planet. Like coach, like player
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Jeff Bezos owns the Washington Post. I'm sure he's terrified.
Rudybryan
MoreCushing4thePushing said:

Bucketrunner said:

Jeff Bezos owns the Washington Post. I'm sure he's terrified.
LMAO
CDub06
AG
greg.w.h
AG
Post wouldn't report Lewinsky…
Rudybryan
greg.w.h said:

Post wouldn't report Lewinsky…
lol
greg.w.h
AG
Can't imagine the situation is as bad as Pokey Chatman was…

"Chatman resigned from her post at LSU on March 7, 2007, amid allegations of an inappropriate relationship with a former player that were alleged to have begun when Chatman was coaching the player."
Sterling82
For the first time ever, I'm standing with Mulkey. They're going after her because she ain't woke.
Rudybryan
Sterling82 said:

For the first time ever, I'm standing with Mulkey. They're going after her because she ain't woke.

Anyone seen the article?
themissinglink
AG
Scotty Flamingo
themissinglink said:

A whole lot of nothing in this article.
Cedar09
I hope it takes her down!
BassCowboy33
This is a really cool profile piece. I had no idea about her upbringing.

Sounds like Mukjey thought it was a hit piece, when it's just an in-depth look at what drives one of basketball's legendary coaches.
LawHall88
AG
Maybe she didn't want people to know she was estranged from her father and sister, otherwise, no big deal.
greg.w.h
AG
Summary of the story: https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/lsu/2024/03/30/washington-post-kim-mulkey-story-lsu-womens-basketball-march-madness-brittney-griner/73089014007/
Sports-Ag
AG
LawHall88 said:

Maybe she didn't want people to know she was estranged from her father and sister, otherwise, no big deal.

ESPN says Kim's attorneys says she goes into details about her family in her 2007 autobiography book.
BassCowboy33
Sports-Ag said:

LawHall88 said:

ESPN says Kim's attorneys says she goes into details about her family in her 2007 autobiography book.

Article talks about that. It said Mulkey was upset The Post reached out about family business, but then it mentions that the story is already public because she mentioned it in her book nearly 20 years ago. The only difference here is that we actually hear from Mulkey's family who are trying desperately to get her back into the family.
20ag07
This whole brouhaha was so stupid.
greg.w.h
AG
Syndicated story on msn start:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ar-BB1kNv0b
Rudybryan
greg.w.h said:

Read Post story - unless I'm missing something there is nothing to sue about - I see facts not made up stories
greg.w.h
AG
Rudybryan said:

greg.w.h said:

Read Post story - unless I'm missing something there is nothing to sue about - I see facts not made up stories
That is the post story verbatim as far as I know. The suing had to do with the pressure and the ultimatum they used to try to get her to comment. I doubt she would win but it definitely colored how the article was ingested:
BassCowboy33
greg.w.h said:

Rudybryan said:

greg.w.h said:

That is the post story verbatim as far as I know. The suing had to do with the pressure and the ultimatum they used to try to get her to comment. I doubt she would win but it definitely colored how the article was ingested:

They went to great lengths to get her side. If the story had been an investigative-style "hit piece", you usually don't go to the person in question until you get close to publication. That way you prevent them from from using to intimidation tactics on sources or clamming info sources. The fact they reached out to her a chunk of times should've been the first sign it wasn't a hit.

I'm also surprised they allowed comment through lawyers. That's not really required and some pubs won't do it. The post went to great lengths to get her perspective on this.
frenchtoast
Nothing really new in the article.
greg.w.h
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

greg.w.h said:

Rudybryan said:

greg.w.h said:

They went to great lengths to get her side. If the story had been an investigative-style "hit piece", you usually don't go to the person in question until you get close to publication. That way you prevent them from from using to intimidation tactics on sources or clamming info sources. The fact they reached out to her a chunk of times should've been the first sign it wasn't a hit.

I'm also surprised they allowed comment through lawyers. That's not really required and some pubs won't do it. The post went to great lengths to get her perspective on this.
The article went to everything we thought it would. It still had the smell of Compost.
greg.w.h
AG
LA Times report got a fantastic response from Kim:

"I'm not going to let sexism continue," Mulkey said. "And if you don't think that's sexism, then you're in denial. How dare people attack kids like that. You don't have to like the way we play. You don't have to like the way we trash talk. You don't have to like any of that. We're good with that.

"But I can't sit up here as a mother and a grandmother and a leader of young people and allow somebody to say that. Because guys, that's wrong. I know sexism when I see it and I read it. That was awful."

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39841036/kim-mulkey-rips-la-s-awful-portrayal-lsu-vs-ucla

She and Staley are fierce competitors and win NCs. Coming up with narratives to hate them is exactly what Kim said. Roll the ball out.
themissinglink
AG
She didn't read any of it, but she is offended.
dixichkn
AG
If you're drawing a breath in 2024, you're offended by something
GinMan
AG
She classy
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.