Joni makes $1.5 million

4,100 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by greg.w.h
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
See graphic in this article. I realize most people here despise Mulkey but the rest of the article has interesting specifics as well.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaw/2024/03/14/kim-mulkey-womens-college-basketball-coaches-salaries/72896862007/
_mpaul
AG
Those numbers don't seem right to me. I thought Vic made way more than that, and I thought we hired JT at far less than that. Am I wrong or did we already give her the Aggie Special raise?
BQ_90
AG
whoa, Brenda Frese has a 11 million dollar buyout. Or am I looking at that wrong and that is the buyout in theory if the school fired the coach????
greg.w.h
AG
I'm sharing because it didn't align with what I had heard. I don't know any better information and since USAToday has been trying to get this information publicly released I had hoped it might be accurate.
aggiedrjdub
AG
greg.w.h said:

See graphic in this article. I realize most people here despise Mulkey but the rest of the article has interesting specifics as well.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaw/2024/03/14/kim-mulkey-womens-college-basketball-coaches-salaries/72896862007/

Love her results; not a fan of her methods. I'm sure we'd be a fan of everything about her if she were our coach, though. Lol
greg.w.h
AG
I noticed this note on the graphic:

"Includes pay from coaches' athletically related outside income reports."

So might need to take it with a grain of salt if not a whole lick. Emphasises Kim's paid better than the men's coach and has more salary for staff as well. In retrospect it might be just a political article.
94chem
Mulkey is a thug, and Staley is a racist. I hope we don't have to go that route to win at sportball.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Rudybryan
Nope, Kim has a lot of goodies.....remember the man who hired her and gave Jimbo $75 million and goodies.....

their packages incl. xtra money for staff, increased budget for recruiting, personal car and insurance, health insurance, moving expenses, transportation, use of jet, clothes allowance and little things like that
greg.w.h
AG
94chem said:

Mulkey is a thug, and Staley is a racist. I hope we don't have to go that route to win at sportball.
So being politically virtuous in s more important than winning…
94chem
greg.w.h said:

94chem said:

I don't know what you mean, and I don't care how you vote. But Staley's handling of the BYU situation was appalling. She owed BYU an apology, and instead she chose to double down, and no one her accountable.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
magnolia tiger
Hahahah define "thug". Hilarious pearl clutching right here
94chem
magnolia tiger said:

Sorry. Should have said that for as long as I've been observing her in public, she comes across as a vile person that I wouldn't want anywhere near my family. I felt sorry for her son when he was at LSU, and mommy dearest was in the stands.
94chem,
magnolia tiger
Kim has always been a winner and is someone who has never cared how others felt about her, rare quality these days. Just win baby!
Don't feel sorry for Kramer, he's the first one to always publicly say how great his Mom is.
94chem
magnolia tiger said:

I had a few friends at A&M who were corndog anchor babies who always seemed to regret being located/birthed on the wrong side of the Sabine and had to settle for A&M. Apparently they could never find a hovel in east Texas that was quite backwards enough to suit their fancy.
94chem,
magnolia tiger
Cool story, not sure the significance to the Kim Mulkey conversation though.
frenchtoast
We'd all be huge Mulkey or Staley fans if either of them coached here.
aggiedrjdub
AG
94chem said:

magnolia tiger said:

I had a few friends at A&M who were corndog anchor babies who always seemed to regret being located/birthed on the wrong side of the Sabine and had to settle for A&M. Apparently they could never find a hovel in east Texas that was quite backwards enough to suit their fancy.

Settle for A&M? Is that a serious comment? You do realize anyone with a pulse is admitted to LSU?
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Kbeauty63
AG
frenchtoast said:

We'd all be huge Mulkey or Staley fans if either of them coached here.

For me personally - never
coloradoag69
AG
I'll never be able to think kindly of Mulkey after she continually ignored Gary Blair during our heyday. Blair always spoke well of her and the Baylor teams. Mulkey never lost to us, according to her. It was always the refs, the crowd, the NCAA pairings, etc. She's a jerk during the games. If the refs treated her like any other coach, she would have been botted from a bunch of games.

Just like other schools, not all A&M coaches are exceptional. But virtually all of them have had high character, cared for their players, and respected their school and their opponents. I never want Mulkey here, I don't care what her coaching abilities are.
jmcfar_98
AG
If Wally Goff would've paid her just a little bit more she would've been our coach. Wally went the cheap route and the rest is history. She was very close to accepting the A&M job.
Kbeauty63
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

If Wally Goff would've paid her just a little bit more she would've been our coach. Wally went the cheap route and the rest is history. She was very close to accepting the A&M job.

From what I've heard - she accepted too late & we had already offered to Coach Blair and he accepted.
jmcfar_98
AG
Kbeauty63 said:

jmcfar_98 said:

From what I've heard - she accepted too late & we had already offered to Coach Blair and he accepted.

Actually that was before Gary. He hired Peggie Gilliom instead.
BQ_90
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

i thought Kim was asked about it at some point, what I seem to to remember is she felt A&M wasn't willing to committee to supporting the program, assist salaries, recruiting budgets, facilities, etc. Not just her salary. She was pretty much right on that. Just like now LSU is throwing ton of money at their WBB program no matter how much it loses.
jmcfar_98
AG
What happens when you have a bean counter as an AD.
94chem
aggiedrjdub said:

94chem said:

magnolia tiger said:

Settle for A&M? Is that a serious comment? You do realize anyone with a pulse is admitted to LSU?

Exactly what I said.
94chem,
Divining Rod
greg.w.h said:

94chem said:

Try to be less of an idiot, if at all possible.
TexasAggie81
greg.w.h said:

94chem said:

Sounds like you'd sell your soul for a championship.
94chem
TexasAggie81 said:

greg.w.h said:

94chem said:

Well, uh, we kinda actually already won one, and I'm glad it was Blair and neither of those two.
94chem,
aggiedrjdub
AG
I wonder how much Janiah makes? Lol! $$$$$$

I saw someone post something recently with all the seeds and how well funded each program is per seed level. I was impressed with the Aggie WBB budget. We are still behind tu and sc and a few others but it's up there.

Gig'em!
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
greg.w.h
AG
TexasAggie81 said:

greg.w.h said:

94chem said:

Not I…those that wanted Blair fired.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.