What were u doing during football gm - our players were doing community service

900 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by alamoaggie 64
Rudybryan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
COLLEGE STATION -- A group of Aggie athletes gave back in a big way this afternoon.

Members of the Texas A&M Women's Basketball team joined some Special Olympic adult athletes at Grand Central Station on Saturday morning to bowl.
Power forward Anriel Howard said that instead of being at Kyle Field this morning, she felt it was important to be with the people that need their help.
"It's very touching and it kind of brings tears to my eyes because it's a really big deal just to see all of these people so happy that we're coming out just to come bowl with them," Howard said. "I mean that's just, in itself, very touching."
Howard says that community service is a big deal this year for the team.
The team kicks off its season later this year.

KBTX NEWS VIDEO
greg.w.h
AG
Lashes!!!

I'm not a big fan of the comparison between watching a football game and "service." Emphasizing "I have limited time off from school and basketball and I just felt this was good for me to get involved in" is a more vulnerable and helpful way of putting it. Adding that she is touched by the opportunity is awesome!
Rudybryan
FYI she wasn't the only one there.
alamoaggie 64
Good for you , ladies!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.