Team and staff update?

4,233 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by alamoaggie 64
aggieflyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has there been any discussion on team development or staff changes. I thought our new AD might have made some staff change suggestions if Gary thought last season's staff motivated and taught on a championship level.
superbowlringd
I guess we don't have a team or staff.
CEAg78
AG
It's July. There will be info soon.

Here's a tidbit: husband was at Marr Eye Center yesterday and met an incoming freshman WBB player, Elise or Alissa or something. Radar had brought her in. Anyone have a real name?
cs69ag
AG
They are busy pushing season tickets as usual, but can't even post this year's roster on the 12th man site.
Of course, no schedule posted yet either, but maybe a game or two not set yet.

Surely they cancelled that proposed trip to Belgium and France this summer?
Rudybryan
Heard staff was on the road this week......

don't think team going to Europe

I feel sorry for any of our athletics going to Rio.......
place is a cesspool
lilsportag02
AG
Considering July is the biggest recruiting month and viewing period for AAU ball I would hope that's where the staff's focus is right now......finding good players
bballrzmom11
Howdy, for those looking for an update on the team here's what I can help you with:

In coming freshmen - Jasmine (Houston), Aaliyah (Arkansas by way of OKC), Raquel "Queen" (New Orleans)

Returning - Curtyce, Danni, Anriel, Taylor, Khaalia, Jazmine

Two JUCO players - Caylinne and Walnatia (from Achiri's JUCO)

What I do know:
The team has been working out mornings cardio and weights, as individuals and groups with coaching staff and playing pick up against former players in an effort to prepare for the upcoming season.

The coaches stayed with the team the first part of July to ensure they were prepared for the Europe trip and they had an opportunity to get a few team practices in before the trip was cancelled due to the violence in Europe (happy to say they put safety first).

The team is bonding and jelling and is truly a team, they may struggle at the beginning due to lack of experience but what they have going for them is that they genuinely care for one another and work well together as a team. I have been told that the team emotions are positive and practices have been productive. This for the most part is a new team not all returners played together enough last season to be in sync the way our players were last year that will come with time.

Give this team and this staff support they deserve it, believe me!!!
BQ92
AG
Thank you for the notes.

I had hoped the trip would help the team get in sync on the court. I think it was an important part of the success of last years men's team.
Bucketrunner
So happy they're not going to Europe. I'm excited to see this group play. I prefer a TEAM that plays together over superstars. I've missed that.
ComfortAg
AG
From last year's roster plus news releases I could find, this is what I found:

5 Anriel Howard F 5-11 So. Atlanta, Ga. / Westlake HS
12 Danni Williams G 5-10 So. Clovis, N.M. / Clovis HS
00 Khaalia Hillsman C 6-5 Jr. Chicago, Ill. / Whitney Young HS
21 Jasmine Lumpkin F/G 6-0 Jr. Bolingbrook, Ill. / Joliet Catholic
Academy Michigan State
34 Darienne Serna G 5-8 Jr. Austin, TX / Reagan
3 Taylor Cooper F 5-11 Sr. Shawnee, Okla. / Shawnee HS Oral Roberts
11 Curtyce Knox G 5-7 Sr. Humble, Texas / Atascocita HS

Walnatia Wright P 6-2 Jr. TR Midland Junior College
Caylinne Martin F 6-3 Jr. TR McLennan CC

ArLeighshya McElroy PG 5-8 Fr. Richardson H.S. (TX)
Aahliyah Jackson G 6-0 Fr. Northside H.S. (AR)
Rakell Spencer G 5-11 Fr. Cabrini (LA)
Jasmine Williams G 5-10 Fr. Cypress Woods H.S. (TX)

Feel free to contribute any corrections.

Thymes
Would anybody like to venture a prediction about how good a team we'll have this year?
bballrzmom11
Updates are, Darienne had to leave the last year so she will have to go through the walk on process again. Carley decided not to play this year, Shlonte transferred.
CEAg78
AG
Aahliyah Jackson is the one hubby met at eye doctor.
Rudybryan
Shlonte transferred......I figured that would happen after last year.
Txroper
AG
quote:
Howdy, for those looking for an update on the team here's what I can help you with:

In coming freshmen - Jasmine (Houston), Aaliyah (Arkansas by way of OKC), Raquel "Queen" (New Orleans)

Returning - Curtyce, Danni, Anriel, Taylor, Khaalia, Jazmine

Two JUCO players - Caylinne and Walnatia (from Achiri's JUCO)

What I do know:
The team has been working out mornings cardio and weights, as individuals and groups with coaching staff and playing pick up against former players in an effort to prepare for the upcoming season.

The coaches stayed with the team the first part of July to ensure they were prepared for the Europe trip and they had an opportunity to get a few team practices in before the trip was cancelled due to the violence in Europe (happy to say they put safety first).

The team is bonding and jelling and is truly a team, they may struggle at the beginning due to lack of experience but what they have going for them is that they genuinely care for one another and work well together as a team. I have been told that the team emotions are positive and practices have been productive. This for the most part is a new team not all returners played together enough last season to be in sync the way our players were last year that will come with time.

Give this team and this staff support they deserve it, believe me!!!
That's all fine and dandy but until we get a post (or 2) who can play and play at a constantly high level we will not be elite. We will be good but not elite. And post are hard to come by
HiddenAg2
I think it's going to be a tough season for A&M fans who are used to winning at a high level. The program has been trending down the last few years and Blair is clearly near the end of his career. I think a reasonable goal considering our roster would be to make the NCAA tournament, but that is going to be tough. There is a huge talent drop-off from last year, which will make it difficult to compete with the top teams in the SEC. We'll probably be a middle of the pack type of program going forward until recruiting picks up again.
sharpdressedman
quote:
That's all fine and dandy but until we get a post (or 2) who can play and play at a constantly high level we will not be elite. We will be good but not elite. And post are hard to come by
Being "elite" is not required of Aggie coaches. "Good" to "very good" is good enough.
Thymes
Does anyone know when an official roster will be posted on the website?
lilsportag02
AG
A schedule would be nice too
alamoaggie 64
"The team is bonding and jelling and is truly a team,"

This will be an improvement.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.