**** BTHO Vanderbilt Game Thread!!! ****

3,857 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by mullokmotx
Kemo Sabe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agreed that was a stupid move. If you foul, foul on their end of the court going for a steal, that way if they do make the free throws you have a chance to come back for a tie or the win. We just let them dribble into front court uncontested and blew the game. Sucks bad because of the great game Karla had.
Ronnie Woodard
AG
Frustrating loss to say the least, but this Vandy team is pretty solid. That said, we looked like the better team today in my opinion even with Walker and Williams not having good games.

Blair said entering the conference season that 12-4 would get you a share of the league title, and with South Carolina still having to go to LSU, Kentucky and Tennessee, it looks like his prediction might be correct (or really close ... I think SC finishes 13-3). That being said, A&M just needs to take care of who they SHOULD beat and they'll be in great shape for a top-four seed in the SEC Tournament.
Cardiac Saturday
cs69ag
AG
Kudos to Karla and Tavarsha...the game they played today should help them and the team going forward. JJ 0-6 amd the 2 CWs making 1/3 of their shots really hurt.

No 3 point makes hurt.
70% from the line not good enough to win a close game vs. a good fould shooting team.
Vandy is smart on O and they really run their O.
Kind of like ND and UConn, but with less size and talent.

I agree that I think 3 losses will win the SEC, although UT will not lose again if they play like they did at Reed.
biobioprof
Well, UT isn't playing like they did at Reed right now. Bama up 10 late in the first half.
cs69ag
AG
wow...is that on local tv?
cs69ag
AG
I see now it is on ESPNU
go Bama!
Simmons has no points and 2 fouls at the half
cs69ag
AG
I would not bet on the Vols not coming back for the win...Simmons will likely go wild in the second half.
Cornerback31
AG
I haven't seen but a couple of our women's games this year. Do we lack 3 point shooters or was this just a bad game?

And under GB we've been a good freethrow shooting team. We lost this game at the line.
cs69ag
AG
Vols now up 6 with less than 7 min left
the talent woke up
HiddenAg2
A&M has a serious weakness in not having a 3 point shooter. We don't even shoot threes anymore.

And the defense was awful in the 2nd half, especially the last 5 minutes. Really disappointing.
mullokmotx
AG
I hope Karla gets considered for SEC Player of the Week. 42 points and 19 boards.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.