Business & Investing
Sponsored by

ISO proven track record Financial Advisor in Brazos Valley. Maybe Houston/Aus/DFW.

1,673 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by montanagriz
mhnatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Considering changing from fellas who we've used in the past 2 years. Let them play with $ beginning on Jan 2nd 2022 (yeah, we won the "ops" award), and just today it iis about the same. Sub-Dow numbers.

We have more in other fixed/cash and ETAs that we are willing to shuffle around but somewhat skidish of what lies ahead. This is where we are looking for help with.

Most of our total wealth is in real estate/properties (also commercial and residential rentals) and we prefer to keep it that way.

No debt. In our 50's. But have young kids.

People seem to recommend Edward Jones but there are so many to choose from.

Thanks
cadetjay02
AG
I'm with Shana Elliott who is with Edward Jones on University Drive near Hwy 6. She's class of 2002 and dad was an Edward Jones guy for many years in BCS. She is smart and will listen to what your goals are and guide you off that.

I'm up 6.26% over the time fame you mentioned (S&P 500 is up 6.75% over the same period). It could have changed, but I don't think American Funds has a load fee for $1 million and up.
mhnatt
Thanks for the ref. Could she be Dave Skinner's daughter? They might be my neighbor.
cadetjay02
AG
Yep- I started with Dave back in 2002ish and moved to Shana when she started.
Maroonedinaustin
AG
Do yourself a favor, and at the very least, interview Zane. You will thank me later.

Tell him Keith S. sent you.

Kingsview Partners Wealth Management: Zane Christian
(254) 242-3090

nactownag
AG
I'll plug myself here just to make it interesting.

I operate a fee only RIA in Nacogdoches called Holistic Planning (www.holisticplanning.com). Family was long time Ed Jones for 41 years. Nothing negative to say about EJ here but if you want more investment choices and less conflict of interest plus want to have your taxes and estate plan done under the same roof you may want to give us a look.

I do think you'd have good luck with Shana if you choose to go the EJ route though. I respect that family.
Baby Billy
AG
cadetjay02 said:

I'm with Shana Elliott who is with Edward Jones on University Drive near Hwy 6. She's class of 2002 and dad was an Edward Jones guy for many years in BCS. She is smart and will listen to what your goals are and guide you off that.

I'm up 6.26% over the time fame you mentioned (S&P 500 is up 6.75% over the same period). It could have changed, but I don't think American Funds has a load fee for $1 million and up.

Shana is great. One of the smartest I know. Her process is very detailed and refined.
permabull
AG
The majority of active managers can't beat the index (especially once you factor in fees) so I would say move it into a low cost brokerage and buy the s&p500 index and chill
Baby Billy
AG
permabull said:

The majority of active managers can't beat the index (especially once you factor in fees) so I would say move it into a low cost brokerage and buy the s&p500 index and chill

Good advice if people could consistently buy and hold S&P 500 for the next 30 years. But the overwhelmingly majority of people can't.
I'm beating a dead horse on here but there's a lot more that goes into an investors lifetime total return than just the performance of the index over that same timeframe

Sims
AG
permabull said:

Mike Green is frowning at you.

What you're saying is definitely the case so I'm not disagreeing at all. I do agree with his concern that passive (Van, BR) are creating large distortions in the market as, essentially, a very large participant that doesn't actually underwrite potential outcomes and trade accordingly. He has significant concern of 401k inflows reversing with boomer retirements and becoming outflows for the passive funds which triggers significant selling.

Not saying it's going to happen, just something to think about in light of the s&p index and chill suggestion.

Chuck Prince famously said, "As long as the music is playing, you have to get up and dance."
Hoyt Ag
AG
I fired my RJ 'advisor' last year after piss poor results in a manage accounts. Best thing I ever did and manage my own now. I am mostly Sp500 and chill, but have done well since educating myself more and firing that asshat. With that said, you are the first on my list to call when I am looking to semi-retire or whatever life throws at me. Always appreciated your honesty in posting and your insights.
mhnatt
I'll reach out to your firm. I hope to work with a senior level advisor for the long term. Thanks.
drred4
I recommend Brice Milliorn. Edward Jones. Office Is in Brenham. He is a good Ag. My grandparents, parents and I all switched to him years ago and have been very pleased. I meet with him at times here in CS wherever if I have to.

DR
ChoppinDs40
AG
nactownag said:

I'll plug myself here just to make it interesting.

I operate a fee only RIA in Nacogdoches called Holistic Planning (www.holisticplanning.com). Family was long time Ed Jones for 41 years. Nothing negative to say about EJ here but if you want more investment choices and less conflict of interest plus want to have your taxes and estate plan done under the same roof you may want to give us a look.

I do think you'd have good luck with Shana if you choose to go the EJ route though. I respect that family.

Tell me more. I'm looking to make a move on both the advisor and tax/CPA front.
montanagriz
S
permabull said:

Do this, dont use a broker that charges on %...use one that charges a flat fee if you need to use someone
montanagriz
S
https://open.spotify.com/show/11ktWYpzznMCpvGtXsiYxE?si=3Sbm9hKmS3-Yx6YrEFVcnQ

Listen to this guy explanation on not using a financial advisor that charges based on %, even if 1%. Use someone that charges a one time fee
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.