Business & Investing
Sponsored by

AAPL

7,016 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Leander - Ag
Bocephus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Selling half my position at 117.22.
oldarmy1
ac04
why
Ag13
AG
Great discussion.
Bocephus
AG
ac04 said:

why

Because I believe it will touch 99 again before it touches 120.
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Hey Bo.....what leads you to that belief? I have a small position as well and I've been thinking of taking a closer look, so your post is timely.
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
jpc08
AG
With the FAA completely banning Samsung Galaxy Note7's from all airlines right before the holiday shopping season, I would expect Apple to pickup some decent share from their top phone competitor.
Bocephus
AG
Just seems to me there is resistance at 120. It's a great company but I don't see them making a run any time soon
Diggity
AG
Guess we'll see. I'm holding
oldarmy1
AG
The answer is pretty simple. IF the markets press the upper channel then AAPL continues a move higher before dropping back. IF the markets breakout to new highs for a new bull leg then AAPL will really rock and roll. But IF we lose support then there isn't a share around that won't be cut minimum 25%.

So a guy took some great profits at a extremely clear market directional period. Just say "congrats on booking the money" and move on.
ac04
i'd rather learn something and perhaps even hear varying opinions. but that's just me
Diggity
AG
So selling has nothing to do with Apple but the market in general?
Ragoo
AG
jpc08 said:

With the FAA completely banning Samsung Galaxy Note7's from all airlines right before the holiday shopping season, I would expect Apple to pickup some decent share from their top phone competitor.
agree with this.
oldarmy1
AG
Diggity said:

So selling has nothing to do with Apple but the market in general?

At this time? Absolutely. There is a principle of "recent gains" whereby, should markets lose support, the first drop that occurs in shares is 100% of recent share price movement. Say a stock has been hitting resistance at $75, breaks out and runs to $90 and then the macro markets break support downward.

That stock will likely be the largest loser in the initial selloff back down to $75. Multiple reasons lead by the fact it never had time to achieve broad basing considation of that breakout move.

Use AAPL as a solo study of this principle should we end up losing the macro support levels.
Tube
AAPL reports earnings tuesday.
The Pilot
AG
earnings beat expectations, revenue as expected, iphone sales as expected. stock down 2% AH
oldarmy1
AG
Bocephus like a Chesire Cat smile....lol
Buck Compton
AG
jpc08 said:

Also, to be clear... No one is enforcing this. I fly at a minimum twice per week and they make an announcement before every flight that it is banned. But I saw 2 on my flight just yesterday, because it's not like the airlines are checking.

I understand the news may turn people away, but not anymore than the Note 7 fiasco already had.

In other news, lots of weird market reactions today. GM killed targets and expanded margins... But dropped almost 5% because Ford warns of a softer quarter upcoming - though GM stresses continued growth. I'm convinced half the traders out there don't even bother with models anymore and just wing it. I don't own either one, was just interesting to see.
oldarmy1
AG
Most stocks, and the broader market are having a reverse inside downtrend day. Thats when it moves from new lows on the trend and then presses higher but not taking our the previous days (or trend) highs.

In short - people should be congratulating Bocephus. Now that gap on Sept. 12 $106 coming into play soon.

Bocephus
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Most stocks, and the broader market are having a reverse inside downtrend day. Thats when it moves from new lows on the trend and then presses higher but not taking our the previous days (or trend) highs.

In short - people should be congratulating Bocephus. Now that gap on Sept. 12 $106 coming into play soon.

Congratulate me when it dips under 100
Diggity
AG
I most certainly will not!
oldarmy1
AG
Diggity said:

I most certainly will not!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

BTW - Those reverse trend days have a good chance of turning over.....like now.

Hot Diggity Dog!
Diggity
AG
well it finally touched $120...but just barely!
cjo03
AG
running after hours today
Leander - Ag
Rice and Fries
AAPL up to $124 after hours.
g_werch
AG
So... what's the play now?
Rice and Fries
Wait for the pull back and then invest? IDK what your goals are
g_werch
AG
It's about 10% of my non retirement investments. What's the next resistance level and do you see some pullback in the near future?
Diggity
AG
I'm wondering what the next big innovation will be. That's the only reason I took my profits today.
Rice and Fries
Smart move, I don't see them with any new innovation anytime soon unless it's totally random/unexpected.

I'm a self taught investor (studied real estate finance) so I only go off my own experience and what I've learned so Im no expert.

That being said, the RSI shows them in overbought territory and the Stoch K% & D% is showing bearish signs. So I think a pull back will happen.

But like I said, I'm self taught and don't call myself an expert. Just gotta do your own Due Diligence, ride the market and not sweat it too much if you are in at a good cost basis and don't need the funds anytime soon.
permabull
AG
Rice and Fries
GOOG and MSFT don't have $246B just sitting in the bank.
Bocephus
AG
I don't think I would ever sell every share of AAPL I own just because it is such a good company, but I would feel good selling a chunk at 130
Bocephus
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.