Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Mentors

1,481 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Copp
turfaggie24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This year after reading dozens of self help books, starting a side business, listening to Rohn/Cardone/Ramsey/etc., and an "Aha!" moment I've decided to pursue a business or wealth accumulation mentor. I was interested in how the Business & Investing posters went about finding a mentor and what they recommended when finding one? I'm a 27 year old guy in DFW that's thirsty for success and hungry for opportunity. What do you recommend TexAgs?
JobSecurity
AG
Definitely interested in this.

Common theme to nearly all of the most successful people I've read about is an outstanding mentor. Most if not all of them seem to be organic relationships... What if I'd like to seek one out?
JustPanda
AG
Hooked my wagon to 2 successful Ags classes of 68 and 71 that learned business began with people and ended with money.

Taught me it's easier to save a dollar than make a dollar

Don't sleep over a good deal, but nap on it.

A clear conscious is priceless

What you think someone needs doesn't mean they agree.

Short term views produce short lived satisfaction

Doing a job 99% means someone will go the extra 1% so do it right the first time

You can't make unhappy people happy or reasonable so walk away and don't stoop to their level. BUT never burn a bridge because you never know when you need help crossing a river.

I can have them email you
turfaggie24
AG
That would be great! I'll PM you my email. Thanks for the good advice.
Copp
Don't ask for funding from the "mentors". Use them strictly as informational/motivational sources.

Good mentors are not coaches. They guys actively running a business that want others to succeed and don't mind sharing their time. Don't go to seminars and pay for coaching or mentoring. Those who can't do teach.

The above poster was right when he said most good mentor relationships are organic.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.