Business & Investing
Sponsored by

2017 Insurance Prices

6,627 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Davanji84
LOYAL AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jake2011 said:

The Wonderer said:

jake2011 said:

histag10 said:

jake2011 said:

LOYAL AG said:

Yeah you're a mess.

I won't vote for Trump. He's a clown. But I can't vote for someone who I believe should be in prison. That leaves me either not voting or voting Libertarian again. I've realized both parties are right about 20% of the time which means both are wrong a lot more than either is right. Sad state of affairs really.

Bill Clinton was at least practical enough to understand that you can't enslave the middle class to the government because it's unsustainable. Sixteen years later his wife is selling free college and we're closer than ever to free healthcare, both of which will of course cost more than ever. The government is completely out of control which is the fault of pro-government factions in both parties. Frankly I blame the Republican Party for abandoning small government.

If you vote Libertarian just vote for Hilary because that is what you are really doing anyway.

That's just ridiculous. I hate when people say this. When you vote for someone, you fate for them, not someone else. Granted, the libertarian party has pretty much zero chance, because they wont be able to win any electoral votes, despite possibly pulling double digits in popular vote.

Also, Gary Johnson is too far left leaning for me to even consider him. I'm thinking about writing in Mathis/Petraeus (or is that a vote for Hillary too?) *eye roll*

You may think it is ridiculous but it is true as your candidate has zero chance of winning. Vote Hilary or Trump. They are the only two candidates with a shot at winning.
Congrats on eating the cheese fed to you by the DNC and GOP. When people are continually told that a 3rd party candidate cannot win and that they should only vote top two parties, then the top two parties have effectively killed third party options.

For the time being it is what it is. Keep thinking otherwise and living in denial if you choose.

I take it you're happy with the status quo? It doesn't change as long as people like you keep voting to keep it in place. If you're unhappy with what the establishment has done with this country then you get exactly one chance every four years to try and change it. If you waste that chance by showing the establishment that you're happy that's your problem, not mine.

I don't go to the ballot box to try and pick the winner on election day, that seems like a worthless accomplishment. I go to the ballot box to try and pick the person most closely aligned with the direction I would take this country if I were elected. If you pick the winner and his politics are terrible and really in no way aligned with yours what exactly have you accomplished? You kept the other guy out. Congratulations, I guess. From where I sit your guy and the other guy are the same guy, they have proved it beyond any reasonable doubt.

Figure out who you are and support a candidate that most closely aligns with you. If you like big government control over your life then keep voting Democrat or Republican, that's who they are. Me? I prefer to be left alone by the government so I won't support candidates who don't stand for that. If you like high taxes and ever-growing welfare programs and government telling you how to act and what to drink and eat and how to educate your kids and what guns you can own and what cars to drive then vote for it like you always have.
Zemira
AG
Sorry I wasn't clear. No my rates would not be any higher but my actual health care costs would skyrocket as I have a PPO through my employer and in the individual marketplace you have HDHP, EPO and some HMOs.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Hey all, I'm a partner and investor at Take Command Health.

We used to be a TexAgs sponsor and have helped several folks find better health plans. Check out our website at TakeCommandHealth.com

We guide you through a simple survey process that asks questions about your doctors, prescriptions and conditions, and then make sure we recommend a health plan that best fits your needs. We will prioritize plans based on what you tell us is most important. We offer on-exchange, off-exchange and faith-based plans. Open enrollment starts November 1 and we recommend everyone shops for a new plan to make sure they are getting the best benefits and price.

Feel free to email me also for any help. My email is Todd@TakeCommandHealth.com
hammerhead
DRE06 said:

ZoneClub said:

We had no increase. $250/month family BCBS PPO, $65/month family MetLife dental PPO, $500 deductible person in network, $1000 out of network, $2000 max family, no rx drug co pay and coinsurance is 90/10,

Is this through a group/employer plan, or one you took out individually?
No way in hell that is an individual plan.

He needs to thank his employer for this.
Diggity
AG
he's maybe paying 20% of the total cost of that policy
DadAG10
ZoneClub said:

Employer
Guarantee your employer had an increase.

Just didn't pass it on to you.
The Wonderer
AG
DadAG10 said:

ZoneClub said:

Employer
Guarantee your employer had an increase.

Just didn't pass it on to you.
Bingo.
JustPanda
AG
Which means my rates didn't go up. Our health insurance is the best I've ever been around including AVMA and other professional organizations that I thought typically had more pull on price.

We even get a wellness credit to lower the premiums further, and a company annual bonus contrbution into an FSA.
The Wonderer
AG
ZoneClub said:

Which means my rates didn't go up. Our health insurance is the best I've ever been around including AVMA and other professional organizations that I thought typically had more pull on price.

We even get a wellness credit to lower the premiums further, and a company annual bonus contrbution into an FSA.
Your rates went up, but so did your company's subsidized costs so that you don't realize the increase.
LostInLA07
AG
It's really sad that quality PPO plans are not longer available on the individual market. The networks on the EPO and HMO individual market plans are absolute garbage. If you ever get sick enough to get past the sky high deductible, you're locked out of the best hospitals and doctors.
Diggity
AG
I back-doored my way into a PPO plan for my family this year, and I'm probably going to drop it because it's so hard to justify the damn price vs. what I get.

Sure, I get to keep my docs, but I would be better off just paying cash than dropping $1K/month on a high deductible plan.
JustPanda
AG
We can talk semantics all day, but my rate didn't increase.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Your health insurance rate did change. Your company theoretically could pay you more if it wasn't subsidizing a good portion of it.
The Wonderer
AG
ZoneClub said:

It's not semantics, it's a business decision.
bjh19
AG
My group rates went up 34%. Still very manageable but think we see the writing on the wall
WoMD
ZoneClub said:

Your rate absolutely increased. Someone else is just footing the difference. Don't be dense.
WoMD
Mine went up 23% for 2017, highest increase since ACA. Single at 34, up to $750+.

And i can no longer afford to provide insurance to employees because of ACA. Which is why saying an employee's rate doesn't increase while ignoring the fact that the employer is eating the obvious increase pisses me off in said ignorance, as above.
DadAG10
ZoneClub said:

Your rate did go up, your contribution may not have.

Thinking like you do is one of the problems with health care costs. Most don't realize what they really are.
Zemira
AG
Our insurance is going up about 3% to $155 a month for an employee and $500 per month family for the PPO. Our HDHP is $55 individual / $145 family. They just started offering the HDHP plan two years ago.

The cost to the employee did not go up last year but I assumed my employer absorbed the cost. We do have a self funded healthcare plan.
planoaggie123
AG
Feeling somewhat fortunate. Our premiums held flat on PPO and High Deductible. $500 DECREASE in deductible / out of pocket max for the high deductible plan (approx. 7%). PPO plan had increases in both deductible and out of pocket maximum. ER contribution to HSA same as last year. They are definitely trying to get everyone over to High Deductible.

edit: increase / decrease on plans. got switched up on which plan year I was looking at. good news for me.
mallen
AG
My employer experienced a 4% increase in insurance premiums for 2017 (5% increase the year prior).

Currently enrolled in a BCBS PPO family plan with $0 deductible, $20 co pay for office visits, and $500 co pay for inpatient hospital stays.

My cost for the family plan is $240/mo. We had a baby earlier this year and it cost us $650 out of pocket for medical costs.

Twice an Aggie
AG
My wife's employer raised premiums 105% on employees and mine went up 50%. Thanks Obamacare...and I work in healthcare and KNOW why insurance is being raised. Big insurance lost their shirt in the marketplace plans and everyone else now has to pay.
Aggie09Derek
AG
55% up on mine and 300% over the last like 6-7 years for much worse plans.

Davanji84
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Yeah you're a mess.

I won't vote for Trump. He's a clown. But I can't vote for someone who I believe should be in prison. That leaves me either not voting or voting Libertarian again. I've realized both parties are right about 20% of the time which means both are wrong a lot more than either is right. Sad state of affairs really.

Bill Clinton was at least practical enough to understand that you can't enslave the middle class to the government because it's unsustainable. Sixteen years later his wife is selling free college and we're closer than ever to free healthcare, both of which will of course cost more than ever. The government is completely out of control which is the fault of pro-government factions in both parties. Frankly I blame the Republican Party for abandoning small government.
Yep. Went Libertarian for President yesterday. Likely a wasted vote but slept fine last night.

I'm over a half century old and never dreamed the American public would select two such piss poor candidates for the two major parties.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.