Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Bull 3x ETF's

3,714 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FrontPorchAg
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
which ones are you folks trading these days. Just made a killing on UWTI and JNUG. Curious of others interests.

I'm comfortable in oil segment, but interested in learning new things...
BombayAg

I put money in TQQQ which is Triple nasdaq. Made a killing too.
My bet is that every year the Nasdaq will go up by some amount. I will make 3 times of that minus some amount of error.
Casey TableTennis
AG
quote:

My bet is that every year the Nasdaq will go up by some amount. I will make 3 times of that minus some amount of error.
I only like buying that before an up week. Before down weeks, use SQQQ. Best part is, the error is smaller in a week than a year. If it is going to be a particularly big swing for the week, best to dig deep in the option chain to lever those results even further.
BombayAg
quote:
quote:

I only like buying that before an up week. Before down weeks, use SQQQ. Best part is, the error is smaller in a week than a year. If it is going to be a particularly big swing for the week, best to dig deep in the option chain to lever those results even further.

I agree, but how do you time this? That is the hard part.
How successful have you been?
Gator2_01
AG
Inverse /r/wsb for your timing signals!
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
Suggested reading:

http://money.usnews.com/investing/articles/2016-08-18/why-leveraged-etfs-are-horrible-investments
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
I think everyone knows (or should know) 3x leveraged ETF's are not a buy & hold investement. I'm strictly referring to day trading and swing trades.

For these types of trades, they can be very favorable but certainly not for the faint of heart.
Ernest Tucker
AG
quote:
Inverse /r/wsb for your timing signals!
Sorry for my ignorance, but what does this mean?
Whitetail
AG
Reddit.

https://m.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/

Sorry for the mobile link.
Gator2_01
AG
The /r/WSB reference is as much trolling as the rest of this thread.

1. Don't "invest" in 3x ETFs
2. Don't use WSB for trade signals
claym711
AG
If you want volitility and aren't afraid of decay, options blow 3x ETFs out of the water
Ernest Tucker
AG
quote:

Thank you for the clarification. Trying to learn from posts on this forum has me looking up investing terms like an olds, with a teenage son, immersed in urban dictionary. It's like another language
Gordo14
quote:
quote:

Thank you for the clarification. Trying to learn from posts on this forum has me looking up investing terms like an olds, with a teenage son, immersed in urban dictionary. It's like another language

/r/wsb is not an investing term... It's a sub reddit called "wallstreetbets". And if you want to own a yacht you should probably read it.
Gator2_01
AG
Inverse Yacht FTW!
oldarmy1
AG
Everytime i read "invest" and a leveraged ETF 1000 more people lose their money.

TRADE not invest is the proper lingo. It's not a buy and hold strategy.
FrontPorchAg
I used to do ERX back in the day and made a good chuck of change but in retrospect it was pretty stressfull and I could/should have lost my shirt.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.