Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Chase Sapphire Reserve

57,979 Views | 391 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Herknav
themissinglink
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've got about 70k points to use on dining/groceries before October then planning to cancel.

When Chase announced the annual fee hike earlier this year (since been rescinded), the wife and I discussed whether or not we'd be canceling this year. We travel less now, but the big hang up was when/how we'd use 150k points on travel. Luckily, they announced the ability to use points on groceries and dining which meant we could use up our points at the 150% value before canceling.
TxAg20
AG
Has anyone gotten Chase to reclassify purchases as travel? I put a fair amount of airplane fuel on my Reserve card and it always shows up as "Gas" which is technically correct, but it is for travel.
FTAco07
AG
Thanks to this thread for the heads up on the ability to get 1.5x value retroactively on the new categories. I had almost 500k points sitting there and was wondering when I would be able to use them so I just wiped out all of my restaurant, gas, and grocery expenses since April 1!
littlebitofhifi
AG
FTAco07 said:

Thanks to this thread for the heads up on the ability to get 1.5x value retroactively on the new categories. I had almost 500k points sitting there and was wondering when I would be able to use them so I just wiped out all of my restaurant, gas, and grocery expenses since April 1!

I did the same thing! It also looks like the last of my $300 travel credit was applied to a grocery purchase. I haven't googled to see if that's something that will continue but if so, I'll probably hang onto my reserve rather than downgrade. 3x on dining and the bonus redemption on grocery/dining probably keeps me at least break even or better.
permabull
AG
khkman22
AG
They are allowing more expenses, gas being one of them, to be counted towards the annual travel credit due to COVID-19. I believe it started in June. I don't think it will be a feature going forward.
permabull
AG
Herknav
AG
//It does compare to Chase's 'Southwest'/Luv card for flying miles. However the annual fee is a killer.//

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.