Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,029,675 Views | 28302 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by sts7049
BlackGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's accounting... I'd off myself before I became an accountant.
Buck Compton
AG
EIA reports drop of 4.2 million barrels. Closer than I expected.
Bob Kelso
AG
Anyone know where there can be found supply charts? Something like ending global inventory per month?
Buck Compton
AG
There's just no way to accurately get that on a monthly basis from the rest of the world. I know the EIA throws some quarterly results together and then puts out forecasts for the next 8 quarters or so. Number from OECD countries are probably pretty reliable, less so from OPEC countries.

Global Report
Dr. Doctor
AG
50% World's Oil Gone?

Found this the other day; was wondering what people thought. I'm not sure it matches with the changing definition of 'recoverable', but I do agree that OPEC pretty much makes up their numbers.

~egon
thaed137
AG
EIA is good for the US, IEA is good for the rest of the world. IEA is only as good as the information it can get from countries though so don't think it is 100% accuate.
Zemira
AG
quote:

We know everyone hates accountants.
AgLA06
AG
quote:
EIA reports drop of 4.2 million barrels. Closer than I expected.

And the price went down? WTF?!?
terradactylexpress
quote:
quote:

Only certain ones
Gordo14
Just cleared $50 brent in Asia trading
TriumphForks
AG
WTI just hit 50 as well.
BlackGold
AG
quote:
quote:

GEA89
AG
$50.06 at the time of this post
Westi
AG
I never thought I'd be so happy to see $50 oil.
TriumphForks
AG
Is this the part where we're all supposed to talk about buying a boat?
bigbass1170
AG
Just stopped by a dealer this morning
AgLA06
AG
And already under 50.
RyanSmith1988
AG
AgLA06
AG
quote:

Fail.
AgricultureAggie1988
quote:
quote:

Fail.

, for now.

The next few months will be good. I have a feeling the "pundits" are under-estimating the effects of lack of CAPEX + natural production declines.

Saudi can't produce an additional 2 MMBO like they had initially threatened they could. Just not that easy for them. I spy a quick re-balancing as spare capacity is slim.

Edit, Source: http://guardian.ng/news/opecs-ability-to-ease-oil-supply-shock-is-fading-says-report/
AgLA06
AG
quote:
A class of 2014 Aggie engineer has no clue what they're talking about.

The difference is he provided reason (right or wrong) while you just look like an ass.
AgLA06
AG
The experts and CEOs haven't exactly proven they know any better.
IrishTxAggie
AG
That's real rich coming from a class of '11 guy...
Comeby!
AG
Bunch a dorks.
AgricultureAggie1988
More turmoil in Nigeria: https://www.today.ng/news/national/127651/niger-delta-avengers-claim-attack-escravos-tank-farm-pipeline

quote:
A militant group has purportedly claimed a new attack on a Chevron oil facility in Nigeria's restive Delta region, a message on a Twitter feed previously used by the group to take credit for strikes against oil facilities said.

"We Warned #Chevron but they didn't Listen. @NDAvengers just blow up the Escravos tank farm Main Electricity Feed PipeLine," the message on the Twitter account in the name of the group said. The same account was previously used by the group to claim attacks on Chevron and Shell oil facilities.
Cyp011
AG
I'm not 11. Not to get into a pissing match but u can pm me if you want to discuss credentials.
Ag2012
AG
quote:
I'm not 11. Not to get into a pissing match but u can pm me if you want to discuss credentials.
Regardless of your credentials there's no need to act like an ass. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing, but insulting someone without making your own case is pretty weak.
IrishTxAggie
AG
mfbarnes?! Your account's creation date lines up just about right!! And that is exactly the type of thing he would say!
AgLA06
AG
To get this back on track, what's the take on the market back tracking after we finally got the draw down they've been begging to get for months?

Buck Compton
AG
To me, its all based in fear. Fear that producers will immediately jump on this news and start pumping like crazy again. I think it is going to take a few consecutive inventory drops to convince the market. Most people don't know how long or what it takes to complete a well.

Also, the looming threat of rising interest rates. There is an FOMC meeting in a few weeks, and I don't think you will see a huge change until then. If interest rates go up .25%, look for a sharp drop in oil prices and dollar-denominated commodities.

Just my (largely uneducated) opinion.
TommyGun
AG
quote:
To get this back on track, what's the take on the market back tracking after we finally got the draw down they've been begging to get for months?

Traders taking in there profits after a few days of gains? Things are pretty flat today, so I wouldn't look into it too much. Oil is still in a position to finish higher this week. Like Buck said, if we can start getting some consecutive draws in the coming weeks then there will probably be a little more confidence in the market. It's baby steps right now and everyone's trying to figure out if this thing is going to take off or not.
Premium
AG
quote:
To me, its all based in fear. Fear that producers will immediately jump on this news and start pumping like crazy again. I think it is going to take a few consecutive inventory drops to convince the market. Most people don't know how long or what it takes to complete a well.

Also, the looming threat of rising interest rates. There is an FOMC meeting in a few weeks, and I don't think you will see a huge change until then. If interest rates go up .25%, look for a sharp drop in oil prices and dollar-denominated commodities.

The interest rate piece is interesting. So Oil is inflated because of low interest rates?

Because there is almost no where for interest rates to go, but up. Maybe someone can expand on this?
TommyGun
AG
quote:
quote:

The interest rate piece is interesting. So Oil is inflated because of low interest rates?

Because there is almost no where for interest rates to go, but up. Maybe someone can expand on this?

Higher interest means higher dollar value which equals lower oil price.
TheVarian
AG
quote:
mfbarnes?! Your account's creation date lines up just about right!! And that is exactly the type of thing he would say!

Just laughed out loud
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Higher interest means higher dollar value which equals lower oil price.
Higher interest rates domestically will make dollar-denominated commodities more expensive for the rest of the world.
First Page Last Page
Page 341 of 809

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.