Working abroad

2,053 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Courtesy Flush
fwag04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How did you wind up working abroad? Through a US company with international ties? I've always wanted to live and work abroad, but don't know where to start. I'm currently in the banking industry working as an analyst, I'd love to hear your experiences and any advice you might be able to give.
Tormentos
AG
US based company with subsidiary in Singapore was my ticket for an expat opportunity. Four weeks in so far and enjoying the change of pace.
Post removed:
by user
BringJackieBack89
AG
Oil & Gas...well, when the industry makes a comeback.

Lived all over and wouldn't trade it for anything. I highly recommend it!

In banking, many have international opportunities all over the world. I would suggest speaking to someone in HR and finding out what opportunities your company has and then do a little research on not only the region but what skill sets would be most beneficial in those divisions. I am sure there are several people in your bank who would be happy to help.
SwissAgg
AG
quote:
How did you wind up working abroad? Through a US company with international ties? I've always wanted to live and work abroad, but don't know where to start. I'm currently in the banking industry working as an analyst, I'd love to hear your experiences and any advice you might be able to give.
If you want to work in a foreign country, it would help to learn another language. I learned German, and I kept looking for Jobs in Germany. I applied for Jobs until someone said yes.

If you have a niche skill, that would help as well. Big Data Analysis is really a hot skill to have.
StephenvilleAg77
StephenvilleAg77
Courtesy Flush
AG
I work for an oil field service provider. We are building drilling rigs and our target market is SE Asia and the Middle East. I current live in Singapore but will relocate to Abu Dhabi at the end of the year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.