Netflix?

2,676 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
kithas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're in Malaysia and are now unable to stream Netflix.

Is anyone else experiencing issues streaming netflix? And if you have, any fix?

We have been using a VPN service as well as the DNS-type service with Unblock-us without any issues prior to this week.

We can stream from other services just fine - but not Netflix.

Some of our neighbors here are using it, but cannot access US content.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Netflix is cracking down on VPNs. If they detect you using one, you can't stream.
kithas
AG
It seems that they have only blocked the USA-only content. So we can watch House of Cards, but not season 4.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Correct.
sam88
AG
We had been using a VPN and unblock us to get US Netflix and Hulu.

When Netflix cracked down, I switched us over to borderless internet smart DNS. So far so good- sometimes the US Netflix is temporary down, but you can switch over to the UK Netflix or another country that has season 4 of House of Cards. They have a free trial for a couple months if you want to give them a try.
TheMasterplan
We have netflix in australia and stream it through appleTV. But since I'm a US account holder, I can access US netflix via my laptop using media hint. Media hint costs money though. Like $5 for a year.

Have you tried that? Get a hook up to your TV and do dual monitors.

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I'm using a lot of prime video which seems to be pretty decent over VPN. A lot of stuff can be downloaded as well which is helpful.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.