Baltimore: Where to Live

1,642 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Pro Sandy
Sherrill12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just accepted a job in Towson and am currently looking at apartments in Baltimore. Any suggestions on areas to look at are appreciated.
dbtexasag05
Not Baltimore?
aTm2004
AG
Leakin Park area.
Sherrill12
AG
I should've known this is what I would get from TexAgs...
DTAnner
AG
My fiancee and I (both class of '12) have worked/lived here for approximately two years. We live in Fells Point and love it, but have lots of friends who live in the Canton, Federal Hill, Hampden, and Harbor East neighborhoods. Each has their own respective pros/cons obviously. Feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions or want to grab a beer sometime.
Sherrill12
AG
Thanks for the location ideas. I think I am going the Canton route. It seems to be the most popular from the people I have talked with about different areas.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Sherrill12 said:

Thanks for the location ideas. I think I am going the Canton route. It seems to be the most popular from the people I have talked with about different areas.
Canton is, in my opinion, probably the best bet for young professionals new to the area. There are pockets in other places that are really nice, but if you don't have much time to scope the area you can't go wrong with Canton, Fells Point, or Fed Hill (in that order).
Say Chowdah
AG
Sherrill12 said:

Canton is a nice area but your commute is going to be a challenge. The local traffic is going to be a drag on the weekdays and parking is going to pose issues as well. But on the weekends you'll be able to park and walk to lots of things.

Towson isn't a bad option. It's a college town and has a lot of close amenities (bars, restaurants, movie theaters, mall).

Might want to check Hamden area too. Be careful there as on street is nice, the next - well let's call it interesting.
Sherrill12
AG
I can't send you a PM but I am moved up here and in the canton area. If you or any other ags in the area want to grab a beer some time or watch a game email me at tannersherrill08@hotmail.com
Pro Sandy
AG
Have you found the A&M club yet? They have game watching parties at Urban BBQ. I havent made anything besides Muster and Texas Independence Day, but they are pretty active. Having a bunch of youngins makes it hard for me to get to other activities.

https://marylandamc.aggienetwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MarylandAggies/

I live in Arnold.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.