To the New Orleans Ags.........

1,539 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by deadhead aggie
deadhead aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
looks like I may be re-locating with my job to NOLA within the next month or so......my family will be staying in Houston and I'll be getting a home or apartment in NOLA for a 2-weeks there / 2 weeks here arrangement......

question about where to live.........since it will just be myself in NOLA (with the family possibly coming over once a month or so), i'm looking for a small 2-BR, 1-BA abode.......the area has to be safe, but i don't want to live in the burbs (Metairie, Kenner, across the lake, etc).......

i've been looking at shotgun homes in Marigny and Bywater........my preference is to live where the artists, singers, freaks, and hippies live........avoidance of mass congregations of hipsters is a plus........

looks like i can get by with about $1600/month for rentals in these areas.......

any thoughts or insights on the areas ???

thanks in advance.......
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Wait you want to avoid hipsters but live in marigny??? I'd suggest uptown or lake view lake view. Also the CBD could be nice... I'm in the French quarter and don't mind it much.
coop-aero-06
AG
I moved to the Marigny when I got my first job out of college in 2006. Yes, we were surrounded by hipsters (I don't really think they were called that back in 06, but you get the idea), artists, middle-class people who dressed like they were homeless, and all sorts of people who were completely different than me and my wife. It was awesome.

We had a 2 bed / 1 bath shotgun house near the corner of Royal and Frenchmen. The only downside was the street parking, but it was really not a big deal except for festival weekends. Also, shotgun houses are not really conducive to having visitors because none of the rooms are really separate from one-another.

If you have any more specific questions, I'd be happy to answer. But, seriously, the Marigny is awesome and I would move back there in a heartbeat.
deadhead aggie
AG
thanks for the input guys, but my NOLA opportunity fell-through.......i'll be staying put in Houston........

thanks.......
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.