Pacific Northwest Ags - roll call!

4,566 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by athensag94
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not sure if this kind of topic is verboten in this forum (staff can kill if they like) but I figured I'd put up a roll call if anyone wants to volunteer.

PNW can include Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, BC Canada

SeattleAgJr
Class of 92/95/97
Seattle (well, West Seattle/WhiteCenter) soon to be Green Lake/Greenwood)
Woody2006
AG
I'll be living in the Seattle area very soon.
MsC2012
AG
We're headed to Seattle then Vancouver to go on a cruise. Any things particular we should do in Seattle? Or Vancouver?
OAg
AG
Bend, Oregon checking in. There are quite a few Ags here.
histag10
AG
Sad. Montana and Wyoming are typically considered pac NW as well.
IDAGG
AG
Land of potatoes checking in.
sjislepilot
AG
From the islands north of Seattle checking in! Will be back in Washington hopefully for good by next year! Look forward to watching some games with yall!

SeattleAgJr
quote:
No problem! Join in!
SeattleAgJr
quote:
We're headed to Seattle then Vancouver to go on a cruise. Any things particular we should do in Seattle? Or Vancouver?
Cruise season starts first of May, so my first response would be to check with you respective cruise lines/travel for suggestions to ensure that any things you want to/try to do work with your timelines. Also, they will have nay updates on sites that may be impacted (temporary closures, construction, etc.

For Seattle, the main laundry list of major sites is pretty typical:
1. Pike Place Market/"original Starbucks"
2. Space Needle/Seattle Center/Chihuly Glass Museum/Olympic Sculpture Park/EMP
3/ Museum of Flight/Seattle Art Museum
4. Catch a mariners game. (the team sucks, but the game day is fun, our stadium is awesome, and the temperatures are pleasant)
5. Seattle Waterfront
6. Take a ferry ride (and back) to Bremerton
7. Ballard locks

8. Boeing tour
9. A day trip to Mt Rainier
10. Snoqualmie falls

All of those (except the Boeing tour/trip to Rainier/Falls) can be done in 2-3 days, if scheduled well. The Boeing tour is up in Everett, and would consume a lot more of your time. Rainier is a FULL day trip. The Falls are only 30 minutes outside of Seattle, near Mt Si (Twin Peaks from the tv series).

If you are into food, we have a lot of renowned restaurants across many cuisines - "PacNorthwest", Asian, Asian/fusion, etc.
Lots of smaller focused museums, (boating, fishing, Museum of Industry, Asian-related museums

Many spectacular gardens (the one at UW, etc).

Cardiac Saturday
AG
10 miles north of the Or-E-Gun border in bum-eff S.E. Washington - College Place to be exact....
OregonAg03
AG
I'm in Portland. Class of 03 and been here since 05
DevilYack
AG
Corvallis. Class of 93/01.
Cardiac Saturday
AG
DevilYack -

How's corn valley, home of the bark rats treating you??
histag10
AG
quote:
quote:
No problem! Join in!

Well okay. I'm on the ugly side of Montana, kind of in the area that no region wants to claim, but I'm told we are technically pacific nw.
cjo03
AG
Portland burbs
DevilYack
AG
Cardiac, if it ever stops raining, I might give a different answer. Actually, though, not too bad here (I do not recall seeing much corn, though). Took the kids to Bend skiing this week, which is nice. Almost like going back to Texas over there.
Hullabaloo Bone 10
AG
Just moved to Beaverton, OR two weeks ago!
Cardiac Saturday
AG
DevilYack -

No corn in "Corn Valley"??

Awww, that is just a derisive nickname for Corvallis being the location of that little agricultural college.
cjo03
AG
quote:
Just moved to Beaverton, OR two weeks ago!
just doing it?
Brad_97
AG
Tacoma / Gig Harbor here but house is on market with a move back to Dallas planned.
Hullabaloo Bone 10
AG
No, actually my boss is letting me full time telecommute my job in Georgia. We really wanted to move up here, so the wife and I went for it!
cjo03
AG
nice. what part of Beaverton?
Hullabaloo Bone 10
AG
Western edge of Beaverton. I can see the Blue line from my apartment balcony.
cjo03
AG
nice.. I probably drive by your apartment everyday.. my office is at 206th and amberglen which sounds pretty close.
Hullabaloo Bone 10
AG
Cool! I just recently applied to Nike and would love any information you could share with me about the interviewing and hiring process. I see that your LinkedIn information is listed on TexAgs, so I have added you as a connection if you would like to share any tips with me there.
aggiespartan
AG
Beaverton/Portland area. Love it up here, but if we can't find better jobs soon, we may be looking elsewhere.
Suarez3209c
Port Orchard/Kitsap County checking in. Reppin the 3-6-0
C/o 2018
OregonAggie
AG
quote:
I'm in Portland. Class of 03 and been here since 05

Hey don't I know you?
OregonAg03
AG
When are you moving back??
OregonAggie
AG
quote:
When are you moving back??

This topic has actually come up lately. If I can find a comparable job we probably will! I may be able to transfer there when there's an opening but sadly I just missed out on one. I didn't know if moving back was in the cards with the ex but now I know she wants to.

Pray we can make it happen!
Aggie_buster
AG
Checking in from Selah/Yakima area.
jetescamilla
AG
Juneau, AK checking in.
Acesup
West Seattle here, and there is an Aggie couple that moved in two doors down from us last year.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
West Seattle here, and there is an Aggie couple that moved in two doors down from us last year.
Awesome. Just moved from West Seattle to Ballard.

I figure the inevitable traffic hell from Bertha/viaduct coming down will make the commute (more) miserable, so I got out of dodge.
policywonk98
AG
Seattle-you know anyone in Port Orchard that would be able to test drive a Jeep for me? I don't want to fly into Seattle without someone giving me some idea of its condition. The only personal friend I have in WA is about 3 hours away, he is also out of state right now. Let me know if you know anyone, or if you have an interest yourself. I don't know the Seattle area, so I don't really know how difficult it is to get to Port Orchard from anywhere else. Thanks in advance for help or advice.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.