Non-Disney things to do at Disney

2,785 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Jock 07
Potcake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife has a conference at Orlando Hilton Lake Buena Vista this week. About 5 months ago I agreed to come along because we had friends that lived in Orlando who have since moved to Colorado. Neither of us give two s**** about Disney. Are we F'ed or can we (me) find something cool to do during the day? I fear three days of kitsch.
Post removed:
by user
CS78
Central Florida is known for two things...Disney and full nude strip clubs.
The Lost
Golf? I assume it's probably warm enough to make the short drive to either coast and hang out at the beach.
jopatura
AG
If you have a car, you can always drive to the Kennedy Space Center. It's about an hour away. Plus it's near some nice beaches.
TyHolden
AG
CS78 said:

Central Florida is known for two things...Disney and full nude strip clubs.
go on...
MAGA
AG
Go to the gator land zoo in Kissimmee
Potcake
AG
It's official, I've died and gone to Hell. Waiting for room so we came to Disney Springs to find alcohol. This is Kemah on steroids.
Mustang1
AG
Beers of the world at Epcot was an adventure.
I Play With Guns
S
hahaha please do keep us up to date on your adventures in hell
aggiegal99
I'm glad there is someone else in the world whose idea of Hell is Disney. I, too, avoid Kemah at all costs, and my parents live a mile away.

Please keep us updated!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Potcake said:

It's official, I've died and gone to Hell. Waiting for room so we came to Disney Springs to find alcohol. This is Kemah on steroids.

Don't disparage my hood! The whole town is not Fertitta diarrhea.
CrossBowAg99
AG
Actually Fertitta has a couple of restaurants at Disney. Rainforest cafe at the front of Animal Kingdom and I believe two at downtown Disney, Trex being one and can't remember the other one, maybe bubba gump. You could hit all three and be in total hell. Believe it or not, I actually look forward to eating at rainforest cafe when we are at disney and have been eating disney crap food for days.

You may also enjoy the Holy Land Experience http://www.holylandexperience.com/

Garrelli 5000
AG
Machine Gun America

Didn't go when we were there in Jan/Feb of this year, but it was on the list.

I'll also add, and I think you'll detest, but I have to say it - Universal Orlando is a hell of a lot better than Disney for an adult. There's still plenty of kitschy things, but ride for ride it is far better. I could spend a day in Universal riding the coasters and 3/4d rides. You can also go to Springfield (Simpsons land) and sit on your butt all day drinking Duff beer.
Tatem
some times there's some decent concerts at House of Blues
BQ78
AG
You could feed children to the alligators... Too soon?
Pahdz
Adam Ag 98 said:

Machine Gun America

Didn't go when we were there in Jan/Feb of this year, but it was on the list.

Are they kidding with those prices?!
Sliced Clown Bread
AG
Go to the Morse Museum in Winter Park It has the largest collection of Tiffany glass in the world. One of the best museums I have ever been to.
imjustsayin
AG
Wow this thread is full of hate and discontent.
Potcake
AG
imjustsayin said:

Wow this thread is full of hate and discontent.

Unless you are an eternal adolescent, a couple with children, or Michael Jackson, that place is devoid of anything worth visiting and a total money suck. Don't even get me started on the clusterf*** they call an airport.
I Play With Guns
S
Yes, let's get you started!!!!

Tell us about the airport and your time in hell.
2ndChanceAg96
AG
I thought the totally nude strip club was a solid idea. If you can't have fun at either Disney or Nudie club then I don't know if anyone can help you!!
Loverboy
If u have a car, go to cape canaveral. . Couple of hours away.
CDub06
AG
I got drug along to Disney once. It wasn't that bad. Checked it off my list & actually enjoyed Epcot. I don't anticipate a return (passed up a free trip last year) but there are far, far worse places to be stranded. Chill out.

Want me to document some of the crap locales I've had to spend a week in?
flown-the-coop
AG
Disney Springs fka Downtown Disney has a ton of great restaurants since the refurb. Its convenient, variety and while Disney is not pouring over with worn out 3 yos.

Never understand the Disney hate. Kind of like the Vegas hate. Its like going to Tokyo and talking about hating rice and sushi. Its what makes the places run. As CDub06 says, I can name a whole lot of other places to be "stuck" in than Orlando. Pittsburgh Kansas comes to mind, Joplin Mizzou, Canton, Arkansas, Cabot Arkansas, etc.
Jock 07
AG
Drink some cigar city?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.