Mileage Run

1,952 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bthotugigem05
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need about 9k miles to keep my Executive Platinum status for next year. Any suggestions for long flights that I could make a 3-4 day stay in between? I have a 4 system wide upgrades left, so I can possibly upgrade the flight to business or first but that won't help my miles.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
I assume you are departing from DFW?

Most round-trip flights DFW to Europe will be at or above 9k miles.

Good non-stop destinations from DFW:
Madrid (MAD)
Paris (CDG)
Frankfurt (FRA)

Madrid is probably the cheapest, and it's awesome.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Going out of Austin, so I will have to connect either way. We were thinking Madrid or Paris.
AustinScubaAg
AG
Cant use system wide upgrades but the round trip to london on BA will get you there straight from Austin.
Ag CPA
AG
I'm in a similar situation, debating a quick roundtrip to London or some wild-ass weekend crisscrossing the country. Neither sounds appealing but I'll probably bite the bullet.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
You could also book a full fare first class flight to NY or BOS.

I Play With Guns
S
Go to Madrid! You won't regret it. The flight is easy and it's a beautiful descent into the country.

If you need a list of recommendations, I can throw a list of really amazing things for you to do.
AustinScubaAg
AG
Domestic first class is almost always 2x EQM so austin to boston is 8K
aggiegal99
Madrid. I'll go with you! And I don't even know you!

One of my best friends lives there if you want an Aggie connection and someone to meet up and show you around.
HeightsAg
As someone who has done mileage runs the last 3 years, I've found the cheapest and most enjoyable option is to go to Hawaii. Europe is great but it is a lot more expensive.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Heights where have you done Mileage runs to in the past?
bthotugigem05
AG
HKG! Should be able to get roundtrips (that are fairly easy to SWU) for $600-700
HeightsAg
I went to Hawaii twice and Aruba once. However, for the Aruba trip, I had to connect through DC which was a pain in the ass. From Houston to Honolulu, you can basically get 8,000 miles for around $500 if you go in early December before the holiday season which is a great miles/dollar value. If you need an extra 1,000 miles, just take a connection and it should get you there. Not that anyone ever needs a reason to go to Hawaii but getting system wide upgrades for making 1K justified the decision in my mind.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Thanks. I just had one more first class ticket come online(We can fly first for anything of 3 hours), so I may not have to go that far, but I may book something anyways just to be sure. Still thinking Madrid or Paris, but I want to go back to Europe in Feb, so maybe just Hawaii.
LeftyHound
AG
I'm jealous of your travel policy
HollywoodBQ
AG
Sydney, Australia - nonstop from DFW
Sooner Born
Is there a tool out there that will help you to identify cheap flights originating from a city (destination not important) on an airlines. Kayak has something that will do cheap flights out of a city but you can't filter by airline.
bthotugigem05
AG
Google Flights.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.