Kids Stop in Baton Rouge Recs?

701 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MrsHouston98
archangelus2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are heading out to 30A for the first time on Saturday and will be in Baton Rouge around dinner time. Looking for a quick place to grab some food and let the kids burn off some energy before we attempt to get them all to sleep for the remainder of the trip. We have 3 kids under 5 years old. Thought I'd check here for any first hand recommendations versus just defaulting to Chic-Fil-A that may or may not have a decent playground.

Also any recs for young kid activities in 30A are appreciated. We are planning on enjoying the beach, walking around the various town centers and heading to Pensacola to check out the Blue Angels and Naval Air Museum for a change of pace. Hopefully get some biking in too as I'm bringing a kid bike trailer.
Spore Ag
25 miles north of BR is Port Hudson which was the last Confederate fort to fall leading to Union control of the Mississippi. Nice fortifications built there. You could go South along 90 and hit Avery Island then come up on the South side of NO.
Just options
Potcake
AG
Pat's Fisherman's Wharf in Henderson (between Lafayette and BR) is on the bayou. Seafood and also can see gators and turtles.
MrsHouston98
There are 2 CFA's in BR- one is in a mall, one is not so just check google maps first...we made that mistake our first year driving home from Destin. We always stop at the CFA in Hammond- it's the cleanest, larger than most, and right off of the interstate.

BR has a great park system and we have stopped at one that is SUPER great, however we are always there when it's super hot so it's not ideal. We ultimately prefer stopping at CFA because my husband and I can eat our food while our kiddo plays and then when we get back in the car he eats and it gives him something to do for a bit.
archangelus2
AG
MrsHouston98 said:

There are 2 CFA's in BR- one is in a mall, one is not so just check google maps first...we made that mistake our first year driving home from Destin. We always stop at the CFA in Hammond- it's the cleanest, larger than most, and right off of the interstate.

BR has a great park system and we have stopped at one that is SUPER great, however we are always there when it's super hot so it's not ideal. We ultimately prefer stopping at CFA because my husband and I can eat our food while our kiddo plays and then when we get back in the car he eats and it gives him something to do for a bit.
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!
MrsHouston98
No prob! Here's the address:

1925 SW Railroad Ave, Hammond, LA 70403
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.