United Premier Question

1,054 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by htxag09
3rdGenAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have been Premier Platinum for a couple years and was gold before that. I have not flown much this year, so I will probably close out the year short of gold.

Will I be downgraded all the way back to Silver (what I earned) or only down one level?

I've only gone up in status year over year, never down; just curious.
Always_Right
AG
Basically whatever status you've attained by December 31st, that's the status you'll retain for 2017. For me, I fly a lot for work and reached 1K status by August so I'll have 1K status next year when I fly but I'll have to reach 1K miles in 2017 to carry it over to 2018.......hope that helps.
Fairview
AG
All the way back down to silver.

They may send you a letter saying you can buy one status level up but it's expensive.
3rdGenAg05
AG
That's what I thought. So much for hope. Thanks.
HeightsAg
I know of people who were long time platinum or 1k who got a "soft landing" if they were close to the next tier. You can apparently email them to make a case if you don't get it. Not all hope is lost.
matthopp
AG
I soft landed from GS to 1K, but now travel less so barely make Gold every year; I doubt they will soft land you but you can try. Ready to hit 1M in the next 2 years so I dont have to mess with this anymore.
HeightsAg
Too bad Silver Premier status doesn't get you anything that a credit card won't.
htxag09
AG
Silver Premier definitely is devalued by the credit card, IMO. But it still does have perks. The main perk being you can upgrade to economy plus for free 24 hours before your flight with Silver but I don't believe you can with just the credit card.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.