Headed to Calgary, Banff and Lake Louise

2,317 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by drumboy
Gilligan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
suggestions?
SA68AG
AG
When are you going ?
Gilligan
AG
Nov 3 thru 6. To early for skiing
texasaggie04
AG
I liked Moraine better than Louise. Less touristy, Louise has a giant hotel on the lake.
notheranymore
Hike from hotel in Lake Louise up to tea house at Lake Agnes...and beyond.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yeah we thought Lake Louise was a cluster when we were there last July. I reckon it's a lot better in November though. Lake moraine is beautiful.
Snapper01
AG
www.beavertails.com
Bevo99
Check out Johnston Canyon. Very nice hike. Go all the way to the end of the lower falls trail at a minimum.
SA68AG
AG
You're going at kind of a tweener time - too early to ski and too late to hike a lot of trails. I'd suggest a drive up the Icefields Parkway at least up to the Athabasca Glacier. The drive is spectacular and there are plenty of scenic view points to stop along the way.
GCRanger
AG
Lake Minnewanka is nice and no tourists. The spray lakes valley is a nice drive (well groomed gravel road), but I'm not sure when it closes for winter.

Go to Hy's on 8th Ave in downtown Calgary if you want a fancy steak dinner.

I miss Calgary.
Tatem
this is my favorite place in the world. it's beautiful. get out and walk back to moose lake and visit Medicine Lake
FarmerJohn
AG
I've had more luck in wildlife sightings with Norquay meadow. Johnston canyon is also nice.
imjustsayin
AG
The wife and I honeymooned in banff exactly this time of year (early Nov) and were able to catch moose all over town, first village snowfall, opening of Sunshine Ski Village, early icing of waterfalls around Johnston creek/canyon or whatever its called, beautiful walk around lake Louise ... one of my most favorite trips of all time. It's definitely early season but you might lucky... I did.
phillyag92
AG
Honeymooned in Banff twenty years ago this December. Coldest Canadian winter in 40 years!
Tatem
also, Jasper Park Lodge
drumboy
AG
I only rode my bike through there in June so don't have much input but Jasper was freaking beautiful.

Also, a Canadian coworker told me that Lake Louise is the STD capital of the world so be careful. Must be all the hippies.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.