Headed to Minneapolis

1,429 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DeBoss
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have our annual Texans road game guy's trip coming up next weekend, and wondering what must see/do recs you guys have for MSP? We're staying downtown without a vehicle.
Jock 07
AG
I'd check out Surly brewing and have a steak at manny's
aggiegal99
Matt's Bar and Grill for a Jucy Lucy.
aggiegal99
Closer to the airport: The Nook, also for a juicy Lucy. I like theirs better than Matt's, but Matt's is iconic.
Joan Wilder
AG
Chino Latino for dinner.

The Local for drinks.

There are a lot of rooftop patios that are busy this time of year
Jock 07
AG
both juicy lucy places are overrated imo
notheranymore
I love the burgers at Ike's
Bulldog73
AG
I strongly second Chino Latino's. Make sure to go to Dinkytown (close to their campus) and Annie's had great milkshakes and decent burgers.
Petrino1
Brunch/lunch at Hells Kitchen, dinner at Butcher and The Boar, end the night at The Seville = winning combo

Union is also a good spot for dinner, drinks, or brunch.

All places are downtown likely within walking distance to your hotel or a quick uber ride. Amazing local talent can be spotted at all of those places, also great drinks and food.
Pahdz
we're staying at the Millennium on the south end of Nicolett Mall, but yeah it all looks close.

Most importantly, best place to watch the Ags Saturday afternoon downtown?
Joan Wilder
AG
112 Eatery is also a great dinner spot.

Not sure where the local a&m club meets, but Bulldog NE is a pretty good sports bar with good food.
Petrino1
Union, 508 bar, Kierans Irish Pub, Sneaky Petes would all be good places to watch the game. Theres a bunch of sports bars in that Hennepin Ave area downtown all within walking distance of each other, so you can just walk around and see which one has the best crowd/tvs.
bigboykin
AG
Manny's is a great old school steakhouse, but it isn't cheap. Plan $100/person with beverages, steak, sides, and tip.
IDAg10
AG
Had a lot of fun at Chino Latino's a few years back!
Pahdz
so what's the deal with Chino Latino's? what makes it so good?
Bulldog73
AG
Quality food from a global perspective. The basic gist is that they have food from around the equator. We had a small plate and two large plates and ate until we were beyond stuffed because it was so good.
DeBoss
AG
If you want some good wings, try Runyons downtown. Pretty cool place I always hit up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.