Bahamas - Atlantis

1,610 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SoTheySay
SoTheySay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Will be leaving this weekend for a short work trip.

Is it safe for me (or possibly 3 females) to leave the resort for a run or something? Is there anything nearby worth seeing/doing?

I would really like to see some local flair and not do tours or dolphin swims.
Broncos
In my experience Paradise Island isn't bad. If you venture across the bridge you'll be okay during the day but at night it can get.... interesting.
CrossBowAg99
AG
Agreed, paradise island isn't bad. Depending on how far you want to run, I have seen people jogging inside of Atlantis early in the morning. It is a very big place.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Guess she didn't make it back.
SoTheySay
S
I did, I did. I have back to back trips this week and haven't been around!

So it was fun but it rained a lot and the streets flood in like 6 minutes. I was not impressed by the food but a lot of my meals were cooked for a large crowd so I can't complain too much. Drinks and service were always fabulous.

I didn't imagine it being as family friendly as it was. I think it's definitely something we would consider when the kids get a few years older.
Mucho austin
AG
Is Disney next?
FaceMask
I'm leaving from FLL at 230pm. How much accuracy would you pin on Meteorologists prediction of Hurricane Matthew? Went from Cat 1 to Cat 4/5
Ag CPA
AG
WC saying the winds will only be 115 mph when it crosses the Bahamas on Wednesday, you may be ok.

Wondering if this is going to mess up my trip to Atlantis in November, sure the beach will be washed out but I'm guessing the rest of the property will be cleaned up.
SoTheySay
S
Mucho, at Disney now. We head home tomorrow. Exhausted.

Truthfully, Atlantis wouldn't be the worst place to experience a hurricane. Plenty of food, drinks and gambling.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.