Dinner in Fredericksburg

2,408 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CDub06
chavez
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for a special occasion dinner with my wife and know bothing about the town. There looks to be several good optioms online that would fit the bill but cant find anything that differentiates one from the other. Thanks in advance!
Ag_07
AG
Didn't eat dinner there, but we had brunch at the Fredricksburg Herb Farm just last weekend and it was pretty good. Nice atmosphere and great service. May check it out
JmacAg07
AG
I would highly recommend the Cabernet Grill. It's not walkable from the town, but its worth getting to.

http://www.cabernetgrill.com/
aggiemike89
AG
Cabernet Grill or Crossroads Steakhouse. Both are good.
bellaboo
Cabernet Grill is outstanding, and the atmosphere is perfect for a romantic night out!
Ag MD 84
AG
Vaudeville or Otto's.
BClark
AG
Navajo Grill
schmendeler
AG
based on my only experience there, stay away from Navajo grill. just an all around terrible dining experience. pretty much everything that can go wrong with a meal did. so not there.
rather be fishing
AG
Wife and I had dinner at Cabernet Grill last year for our anniversary and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Food was ok overall, but my steak was not that good and way under cooked. The service was also terrible and we sat there for almost an hour before our food was served.

Worst meal I've ever spent $150+ on.
aggiedata
AG
The Nest > get a reservation far in advance

August Es
schmendeler
AG
I will add that we had a very good breakfast at the sunset grille. Would eat again.
rather be fishing
AG
August E's is good.

Lincoln Street is also good for a more casual dinner.
BClark
AG
quote:
based on my only experience there, stay away from Navajo grill. just an all around terrible dining experience. pretty much everything that can go wrong with a meal did. so not there.
Hmmm. We have been several times and always enjoyed it. But it has been a few years. Either they have gone down hill or your experience was just an isolated incident.
schmendeler
AG
It's definitely possible.

For me, though, it was bad enough that I won't be going back.
aggiemike89
AG
Been to The Burg a lot. Sunset Grille is a great place for breakfast. Navajo I didn't care for. Have eaten at Cabernet 6-7 times and never had a bad meal or experience there.
Going to Octoberfest this weekend. Should be a great time.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
The Nest...place was legit.
texasaggiegirl04
AG
I would recommend August E's. My husband and I went there last year to celebrate our engagement and it was awesome!
Garrelli 5000
AG
Went to octoberfest this weekend. Der Lindenbaum was great. The Auslander was one of the worst meals I've had in several years. That place is complete crap food. It is like someone made German food for the first time with no recipe, only a menu description of the food. Bad.
Ag_07
AG
Thought the same thing when we went. The women hated it and by that time ended up back at the house ordering pizza and we stayed to drink beer and finished only the fried pickles and fried mushrooms.

Good place to hang, drink beer, and watch the game but stay away form the food.
CDub06
AG
Love LOVE Otto's. Great dinner option.
FbgTxAg
AG
Adam Ag 98 said:

Went to octoberfest this weekend. Der Lindenbaum was great. The Auslander was one of the worst meals I've had in several years. That place is complete crap food. It is like someone made German food for the first time with no recipe, only a menu description of the food. Bad.
I apologize. I used to own and operate it until 2013. It isn't the same these days, I agree.

Sad.

FbgTxAg
AG
Ag_07 said:

Thought the same thing when we went. The women hated it and by that time ended up back at the house ordering pizza and we stayed to drink beer and finished only the fried pickles and fried mushrooms.

Good place to hang, drink beer, and watch the game but stay away form the food.
I'll apologize to you as well. Hate to see what it has become.
t_engler2001
AG
Spent some time there this summer with my wife. Ate at Cabernet Grill and we were completely underwhelmed. It seemed like it was overpriced for the meal we received. Setting was nice, service was great, food was not good.

One evening we met a couple at the BnB we were staying at and ended up eating a Navajo Grill. I remembered hearing that the quality of Navajo had slipped recently. It was great for our meal. All four of us ordered different entrees including seafood and steak. All of us agreed it was wonderful. Service wasn't quite what I remembered a few years ago, and the setting wasn't as romantic as I remember it being. But great meal that night.

Otto's was our favorite dinner while in F'berg. Crowded and noisy environment as it is a popular place right now, but a delicious, fun meal. Worth a bit of a wait for supper (you'll probably have to wait for a table). Not a romantic setting, but I definitely would recommend their experience.
CDub06
AG
I'll add Vaudeville to my recommendation. Nice quick option for lunch - or for a delicious cookie. And their Fri-Sat Night Supper Club is more upscale than you'd expect in Fredericksburg. They also do dinner on Monday and have a Sunday brunch. Otto's is still my favorite (and is much more approachable), but Vaudeville is worth looking into if you want a special dinner.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.