Bakersfield

1,138 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by HollywoodBQ
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stuck here a few days on business. Near the intersection of Stockdale Hwy and California Ave. Any must eat places while I'm here?
Furlock Bones
AG
Bakersfield is...not good. Even the "good" food is not really good.

Cafe Med is one of the better options.

Hit The Padre Hotel for drinks and a steak.

chjoak
AG
Yeah... ate at an Indian place last night that was solid but way overpriced. Had to order both rice and naan separate from your dish. Client took me to Mexicali for lunch. Decent food but the "salsa" was crap. Tasted and looked like something out of a jar.
HHAG
AG
Check out Woolgrower's. It's a Basque place that has been open for about 70 years. You will probably need reservations. Other than that, it's In and Out or nothing in Bakerspatch.
WoMD
quote:
Yeah... ate at an Indian place last night that was solid but way overpriced. Had to order both rice and naan separate from your dish.

I've eaten at dozens of indian restaurants (huge range in price and quality) throughout california and have never not had to order the rice and naan separate from the dish. Is this not the case elsewhere?
chjoak
AG
Places I have eaten in TX come with Bismati rice and basic Naan and then you can upgrade if you want.
superunknown
AG
quote:
Bakersfield is...not good. Even the "good" food is not really good.

+1. I'm sorry you're stuck there.
62strat
AG
I went there about 5 times over 2 years for last employer, we only ate dinner at the hungry hunter. Great steak house. About a mile north of where you are. Get a salad with your meal they make/serve it fresh at the table, you pick from tons of toppings. For lunch we were out near shafter and usually ate at some mexican place, don't even remember. It was buffet style. not great, but all you can eat.

If you have time, head west to Morro bay, lots of dining options on the water for sunset.
HollywoodBQ
AG
If you like Poker and girls, there is a combination Poker Room and Bikini Dancing bar in Visalia.
A bit of a drive from Bakersfield but seriously, where else can you have dancing girls in one room and Poker in the next.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.