Etihad - DFW to Abu Dhabi

1,387 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by XPATAG
Alan Pavio
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone flown Etihad economy from DFW to Abu Dhabi?
JSKolache
AG
No, but that is a loooong trip.
I Play With Guns
S
Just don't go during Ramadan if you are looking for an experience.

I was there in June and the city was eerily vacant. However, I can say the St. Regis was an absolute wonderful place to stay and relax.

It's a long flight but nothing a few glasses of wine and sleeping pills can't fix.

Best of luck on your journey!!
Alan Pavio
AG
Thanks! Unfortunately Abu Dhabi won't be the end of my journey. I connect from there to AMD in Gujrat, India. I went two years ago and was sick the whole trip. Hopefully my immune system is ready to roll this time around.
AustinScubaAg
AG
Have done Etihad from chicago to Abu dabi. Not a fun trip. I stongly recommend going though Europe to india. Two 9 hour flights much better than a 14 hour followed by a 4 hour.
Alan Pavio
AG
That's how our travel agent booked it, or I definitely would take that approach. Last time I went it was company policy to book business on long haul flights. Unfortunately someone wised up to the difference in expense.

I flew business on Qatar last time around from Houston to Doha and it was a breeze. Hopefully sleeping pills and a little alcohol do the trick.
XPATAG
AG
Etihad as an airline company is about the same as Qatar air and Emirates in terms of service. That long of a flight in economy is going to suck but you will get free cheap liquor to drown your sorrows. Abu Dhabi is a cool city but the airport is nothing special, in fact it is a bit dumpy. I would rather fly into Qatar or Dubai if you are going to have a long layover.

If you have a priority pass card then head over to the business lounge to relax.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.