Quick Question on Timing of Airline Ticket Purchase

1,031 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgFan1999
Alpine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Four of us going skiing in December to Colorado. Looking at tickets I can get something around $1200 to $1300 for all 4. Is that probably as good as it will get or is it worth waiting. And yes I dont fly too often.
htxag09
AG
Where are you flying from? And I assume flying into Denver?
Mustang1
AG
What airline & from what city?
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
There is a free app called "Hopper" that is supposed to help you with the best timing etc on when to book flights for certain dates. Not sure how will it works but maybe worth a try.
Alpine
AG
From Houston. Will not fly Frontier or Spirit.
Mustang1
AG
I flew United from Houston to Denver a few weeks ago & it was $300/person.
Scotts Tot
AG
I generally watch the itinerary I want for a week or two before booking so I know what the best price is that I can hope to get. It's not uncommon to see airfare swing by 20% or more over the course of a week. The only real rule of thumb I've learned is to never book on the weekend, when prices are highest (talking about booking day, not travel day). You can save an itinerary in Google Flights, and when you check back in periodically, it generates a plot of the airfare for your selected flights over time...pretty cool.
Alpine
AG
I just tried Hopper and the app believes I can save up to $115 per ticket if I wait. I guess I will give it a few days and see what happens.
htxag09
AG
Yeah, Houston to Denver is typically pretty cheap, but it has been getting more expensive. A couple years ago the flight was around $200, heck one time with flexible days it was like $125. $300 is about the best I can get now. That's with United, last time I flew southwest for $250ish. Too me, not worth it, though.
Post removed:
by user
AgFan1999
AG
Just checked from IAH to DEN for 4 days in early December for $183 per person on United. There's scattered $226, 230 fares as well, depending on when you want to travel. earlier in December is when I found the cheapest rate.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.