Atlanta

2 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bazooka Joe
Bazooka Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First time staying in Atlanta. Any food recs? Rather keep it cool and local if you happen to know of anything.
Bazooka Joe
AG
And I'm staying near Emory/Ga Tech area.
Kool
AG
The wife has been on a health food kick for a while now. Can't complain too much because she has dropped weight and so have I. A couple of options for pretty healthy food, one of which uses local foods, are Farm Burger and True Food Kitchen. True Food Kitchen is in Lenox Mall, and is kind of a trendy, hipster place, but the food was really good. Farm Burger has locally grown food and is pretty tasty. One side note - don't be afraid to go to a restaurant in a strip mall here. It is really odd, but a lot of really good restaurants are in strip malls, contrary to anything I experienced living anywhere else.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bazooka Joe
AG
Thanks for the response. We wound up trying a place in Decatur called Southern Food Revival...holy balls did we luck out. The rib and absolutely loved it.
bigboykin
AG
Not a food rec, but if you have time and are into that sort of thing, the Georgia aquarium is awesome.
JavierC2005
Don't mean to hijack thread, but what about in Athens? Going there next week for work and would love to try some awesome GA food!
txag2008
AG
Not a food suggestion, but seek out the beer by Creature Comforts Brewery in Athens. Their Tropicalia IPA is great.
Matsui
AG
Two urban licks
Bulldog73
AG
The cheap local fast food joint (aside from Chick-Fil-A, which is different than what we see in Texas), is the Varsity. It's greasy burgers, dogs with chili like sauce, and the like, but my father in law (from Atlanta area) makes sure we all go there every trip.
Bazooka Joe
AG
We hit the Varsity while in town for the experience. The food is not anything to write home about, but it's a must do while in town. Glad I went.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.