Oaxaca,Mexico

1,242 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bobeag
bobeag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going for a week for day of dead celebration and language school. Any suggestions on side trips,food,things to see,etc would be greatly appreciated.

Gig 'em!
TXCityAggie
AG
Great place to spend a week. Monte Alban is worth a visit. It's been a few years since I was there, but I remember taking a day trip to visit several small towns in the surrounding countryside known for their different textiles and food.
bobeag
AG
Thanks a lot. I'll check it out.
aggiederelict
Head down to the coast to puerto escondido. Beautiful.
chico
AG
The market! Get lost wandering around. Watch them mix mole' paste and discover more things than you ever knew existed. The food is spectacular as well. It's a beautiful city. You can also go outside the city to villages where they make incredible handicrafts. Have fun!
Potcake
AG
That's a hell of a side trip, ~7-8 hrs.
jeeet1007
mexcal and chapalinas
bobeag
AG
Thanks everyone! I'll report back.
Stew
AG
Have fun. Just got back from a quick trip a couple of weeks ago. Catedral was our favorite meal (dinner). Also ate at El Destilado (i think that was the name)really cool little place with a 9 course meal w/ drink pairings. Very reasonably priced and the owner comes out to your table to explain each course/drink.
bobeag
AG
Thanks Stew!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.