Seychelles

4,395 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 10Aggie10
sawemoffshort09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I just booked our plane flight to Seychelles. We are researching hotels and things to do there, but was curious if anyone on the Travel Board had any recommendations.
HeightsAg
We went for our honeymoon and it is awesome. Definitely rent a car so you can explore the island. Scuba and snorkeling are world class so I'd recommend that. Also don't pass up day trips to La Digue and Praslin. It really is paradise!
LondonAg89
AG
OP - what's your airline route?
sawemoffshort09
AG
From Houston we fly to Dubai then to Seychelles on Emirates. Ended up booking a room at the H Resort on Mahe Island. Thanks HeightsAg for the information I will be sure to take it into consideration while over there
I Play With Guns
S
When are you going?!

Give a FULL report when you get back.

This is on the list of potential honeymoon destinations. <3
sawemoffshort09
AG
We are going Nov. 9-20, very excited to see how it is. I will definitely give you a full report when we get back.

Another amazing place to look at for your honeymoon is Bora Bora. We did our honeymoon here and it was absolutely amazing. Stayed 4 nights on the main island, and 4 out on the resorts island.
I Play With Guns
S
Awesome!!! Hope you guys have a lot of fun. I've heard it's one of the most beautiful places in the world.

My fiance has alot of co-workers that have been to the Seychelles and they always say you can't describe the beauty and have always highly highly recommended it.

Bora Bora is on the list along with Boracay/Bali mix.

It's going to be SO hard to pick just one place.

I'll be looking forward to your report.
rmag8205
AG
We stayed on the main island for 3 nights and rented a car, and then took a ferry to the Hilton LaBreeze for 4 more nights. It was AMAZING!!! The Hilton was expensive, but it was unlike any other trip. Try to splurge for a room with private pool. There is no driving on the entire island and definitely has an island feel.
flown-the-coop
AG
We went back in 2008 as a tag on to a work trip to India. We spent 8 nights on Mahe at the Hilton Northolme.

On Mahe, its good to rent a car for a day or two and you can drive every mile of road on the island. Concur on going to La Digue and Praslin.

We went from Delhi to Dubai to Seychelles and then reverse before heading back to US. We tagged on 3 days in Dubai and it was a blast. I would highly recommend adding on to the trip if you are going that far.

Two major things to consider. First, its like 8 degrees north of the equator. If you intend to spend anytime in the sun, bring gallon jugs of sunscreen. The burn rate is unreal and their sunscreen in local stores is crap. Apply liberally and reapply every half hour or so. Do not mess this up.

The other, eat at Baobab Pizzeria in Beau Vallon. Maybe it was because we spent the previous week in India, but we ate half of our dinners hear. Toes in the sand, cold Seybrew, and woodfired oven pizza.
nosoupforyou
AG
Have you seen pictures of Maldives? Google it.. wow!

Can anybody compare these paradise islands?
I Play With Guns
S
My fiance and I have already been to the Maldives!

But thank you for the suggestion.
nosoupforyou
AG
I Play With Guns said:

My fiance and I have already been to the Maldives!

But thank you for the suggestion.
how do they compare? one day I will go to one of these places - very doubtful we'll go both... but which one?!
I Play With Guns
S
I have not been to the Seychelles yet.

Dying to go but there are other places that take priority as of now.
sawemoffshort09
AG
Just got back from Seychelles last night, catching up at work today but will post an update about this trip soon
Aggie1205
AG
Curious for any others who have been.
10Aggie10
AG
would love to read the full report. I'm ridiculously interested
ArcticAg98
AG
We are still waiting sawemoffshort...
jpb1999
AG
We did Fiji and highly recommend it. Awesome place!

Spane Bohem

Linz02Ag
AG
ArcticAg98 said:

He really understated the amount of time it would take to catch up on work...
10Aggie10
AG
Linz02Ag said:

ArcticAg98 said:

He really understated the amount of time it would take to catch up on work...

He sure did.

I'd still be interested in a Seychelles firsthand report
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.