Gulf Shores

2,359 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ezra Brooks
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Family is talking about renting a house/condo in Gulf Shores next July. We have been to Destin before (and would consider a return trip there instead) but know very little about Gulf Shores other than it having similar beaches and being a slightly shorter drive. What do I need to know? What areas of GS are best to look at? Any other good rental resources other than VRBO/HomeAway or maybe AirB&B?

We would likely have 6 adults (2 couples & 2 singles) and 5 kids (age 2-9).
Prefer min 4 bedrooms.
Pets may come along depending on location and situation.
Would like to atleast be close to the beach if not directly on it.
Private pool would be nice. Pool access a must.
Ezra Brooks
AG
We rented this place a few years back - plenty of space for 7 adults and 5 kids at that time.

https://www.meyerre.com/house/Heavenly_Sunset

It's a bit closer to Orange Beach, but in the same area.

Would go back in a heartbeat to that same house. We were there a few weeks back but stayed this time with some friends that have a family place in the area.

We love the area and want to keep going back.
chjoak
AG
Think our friends stayed in Orange Beach. Would be open to that or any surrounding area with a good place to stay and some conveniences (restaurant, grocery, etc...) fairly close by.
AgShaun00
AG
orange beach is a little nicer than gulf shores. It is practically the same thing. Meyer real estate really controls everything so look at their site.
Bird Poo
AG
Bump--interested in the same thing. Never been to the Redneck Rivera but looking to go next summer!
DHAggie10
Also interested if anybody has any tips, recommendations.
2012Ag
AG
Are you flying or driving? I have to head there in a couple weeks and just noticed there's no airport so I'd have to rent a car once I land OR make a long drive

edit: I need to learn to read, you mention driving in your post.
gigemaggies88
We closed on a one bedroom beach condo yesterday and are taking care of a few items while we are here... Dfw to Pensacola is a 1 hour 30 minute flight on aa... about a 45 minute drive from there..... if you have any questions about the area etc you can pm me...
WT1025
AG
Fort Morgan is about 20 minutes from Gulf Shores and more secluded but also less crowded. Gulf shores and orange beach don't allow dogs anymore but Fort Morgan does. They also have a couple nice golf courses down there, namely Kiva Dunes. Hope this helps!
Ezra Brooks
AG
Kiva Dunes is a fantastic golf course.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.